• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

Hello
Just today i received a call for one of my references. They contacted her for employments references. So that means that my credit have been or wil be check?????

I am not too sure why you want to know when your references will be called or your credit will be checked, but at this point, there isn't much you can do to expedite the process.  I suggest you sit back, call bi-weekly for updates at the recruiting center and let the process work for you.

Im just surprise that my interview and medical its not yet done ( 15 sept ) and they already contact my references....
But like you said, i will sit back and smell the roses ;)

Thanks for the answer DAA. Yea as Anira09 mentioned I'm just curious as well because I've yet to redo my interview and medical. I guess it's good though since something is getting done contributing to the application process.

So June 27th, I and my friend did aptitude test and was told i passed for the trades that i chose in my application, after a month he was called down for medical test, and after waiting almost 3 months, they called me for a Pre-Security Interview, like I don't understand because I thought the second step after aptitude is doing medical test, but they called me for Pre-Security instead, so I am just confused I don't know my spot on the chart, am I gonna be called for medical later? or what? If its a stupid question, sorry for it.

Oh and I am from Afghanistan, maybe that's why I guess? I am just scared if its a normal step or a problem in my application.

watchdogsrox said:
Pre-Security Interview, like I don't understand because I thought the second step after aptitude is doing medical test, but they called me for Pre-Security instead, so I am just confused I don't know my spot on the chart, am I gonna be called for medical later? or what? If its a stupid question, sorry for it.

This may help,
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+pre+security&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=HM38VbO9MozH2AHEx5OgDw&gws_rd=ssl

And merged - thanks again, mariomike.

As time went on, I still had not received any news from the recruitment centre. I decided that I should call and ask what was the status of my file. I was told that I had to sign to update some documents as they have expired. However, no start date could be predicted.

In other words, I am still waiting. I feel as though I have wasted the 10 months, as I was told that I should be starting training in February. In order not to hinder my professional reputation, I was frank with prospective employers that I was pending on security clearance from the Armed Forces. It would be unfair to be trained or integrated into a work environment and then leave for something else.
Unfortunately, that has resulted in me being unable to secure meaningful employment - now being unemployed from my field for so long, I have been told by recruiters that I should consider returning to school to be of any relevance to the workforce. Most volunteer opportunities would require a 6 month commitment, as some training is required, so I was unable to get involved in my local community.

Had I known it would have taken this long, I would have signed up for courses at the community college to learn new skills or not have been so forthcoming with employers about my ambitions.

Periodic updates about an applicant's file and recommended courses during the wait period would have been greatly appreciated.

tealite said:
In March 2014, I applied to the Forces, wrote the test in June and was eventually called in for my interview and medical examination in December.
The interview went well and the recruiter suggested that I should be called in to start in February. The following week, I was contacted by e-mail regarding my security screening as my address during time of unemployment was the same as the one of my previous contract. I provide details more details of where I travelled within the province until I had started a new contract.

7 months later, I still have not received any new about the processing of my application. During that period, I worked a few months at an airport and had my security clearance screening completed by Transport Canada. A staffing/temp agency submitted a screening PWGSC at the Reliability level, and two months on, I still don't have any news.

As time goes by, I have been considering returning to school or starting a business. I couldn't make it a friend's wedding in Spain, as I didn't want to jeopardize my security profile by travelling. I feel paralyzed.

How long am I expected wait for security screening?

Due to the nature of my dad's job, I've lived abroad most of my life. I'm currently a highschool student at an international school in Europe aplying to Canadian universitys. I consider myself Canadian. I'm a Canadian citizen, as are both my parents. I was born in Canada and lived in sask for several years. So my question is this, if I get a degree from a Canadian university, will have problems gaining a commission based on the fact that I've spend most of my life overseas? I also have duel Canadian/Italian citizenship so will I have to renounce my EU passport? Any help would be awesome,
thanks  :) :) :) :)

I am Canadian/Italian too, i am in process to join canadian forces. Surely, i can tell that you don't have to renounce your EU citizenship ...
During your likely recruiting process, they will ask you to provide informations about where you have been living the last 10 years. 

You do not need to renounce any other citizenship. The primary impact this will have is an increase in the time it takes to conduct your background check / security assessment. Assuming said check comes back clean, it shouldn't have an impact upon your likelihood of getting in, just the timeline. You should expect your application to take several months longer than it would otherwise.

CB0982 said:
I also have duel Canadian/Italian citizenship so will I have to renounce my EU passport?

This may help,

From "Ask a CAF Recruiter",
Dual Citizen
http://army.ca/forums/threads/119559.0

Dual citizens in the CF 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/118207.0

Security Check/Level Superthread (incl dual citizenship)
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12875.575

not to sound pessimistic, but consider yourself for a lengthy application process due to indepth security check if: 1/you have dual citizenship, 2/haven't lived continuously in Canada for the past 10 years, 3/have direct relatives living abroad.

i'm in the same case, i applied in January 2014 and still waiting for security background check  :nod:

OK...your situation is not unique, and it's even more simpler than say the reverse where someone wasn't born in Canada. Yes your dad and the rest of your family might have lived abroad, it won't severely affect your processing as long as you and your family do your due diligence and get a police report from that country before you leave.

I wasn't born here, but also lived in many places including NZ and Aus over the years. Along with my Canadian citizenship, I also hold 3 other passports, 5 if you cound the Govt Green one. So as you can see I am like James Bond really :)

The applications that take forever are for people that lived in countries where records aren't kept / corruption exists / doubtful. My application processing took max 5 months because I did most of the leg work prior, and all the recruitment had to do was followup with phonce calls / fax to the places I lived in for more than 6 months. My top secret took 1 week, with my SA taking slightly longer.

So while having lived abroad can cause delay in processing your application, it helps if you have done some of the work yourself as opposed to expecting someone else to do it for you.

CB0982 said:
Due to the nature of my dad's job, I've lived abroad most of my life. I'm currently a highschool student at an international school in Europe aplying to Canadian universitys. I consider myself Canadian. I'm a Canadian citizen, as are both my parents. I was born in Canada and lived in sask for several years. So my question is this, if I get a degree from a Canadian university, will have problems gaining a commission based on the fact that I've spend most of my life overseas? I also have duel Canadian/Italian citizenship so will I have to renounce my EU passport? Any help would be awesome,
thanks  :) :) :) :)

Good Day,

While browsing the forums I came across the topic of Security clearance for a CELE officer. I read that A CELE officer would need level 3 security clearance and if you've lived abroad than it would take from 1.5 - 3 years. I also read that if the applicant was moving with their parents (my case) their clearance wouldn't take as long.

I lived Abroad for a total of 11-12 years, would I need to provide additional documents?

I plan to apply for the ROTP program during the summer of 2016, and wanted to start at RMCC in 2017. I've read a whole bunch of other forums and all my questions have been answered I just wanted to make sure the information is up to date.

Thank You,
:cdn: :salute: :cdn:

Another post, that's answered here and didn't need another thread. You've also lived abroad for a majority of your life thus far, expect a long security screening process.

I read in a forum if you were with your parents (It didn't specify if it was age level but I assume it is if you were under 18) it wouldn't take as long, was that information wrong?

It's going to take longer than someone who lived in Canada.

Do you have an estimate on that cause on the forums I read it varied from 1.5 to 3 years would that be the case for me as well?

Also since I would be applying for ROTP I would have the rank of an Officer cadet, which I assume would require a lower level o security clearance. So would I have to wait for a Level 3 clearance or could I start attending RMCC with a lower level of clearance?

Back