• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dress Policy For Sunglasses

George Wallace said:
Paaaaleeeeassssssse!  Next time, don't use a model from Planet of the Apes.

I was born hairy.......i'm french !!

CDN Aviator said:
I was born hairy.......i'm french !!

Does that mean you wax too?  Maybe you and Bruce should get together.  I'm sure he could give you some tips.

CDN Aviator said:
Why, would you like me to ?

;)

I could tell you a story about waxing -- oh wait, I already did.

But sure, I'd like you to. Take pics. Take video (sound is a must)!!

ArmyVern said:
I could tell you a story about waxing -- oh wait, I already did.

But sure, I'd like you to. Take pics. Take video (sound is a must)!!

When I'm a little "down" I go back and re-read that story, Vern, I laugh just as hard as I did when you first posted.
Never thanked you for that (and some others)

Emmie

emmiee said:
When I'm a little "down" I go back and re-read that story, Vern, I laugh just as hard as I did when you first posted.
Never thanked you for that (and some others)

Emmie

Alas my days on IR posting are over and my sense of humour has suffered for it. I no longer have any ideas. One day --- I may again think of something.

CDNAIRFORCE said:
        Same thing pretty much for flight line servicing personnel working out on the runways in "Sunny Cold Lake". Whatever you want to wear seems to be the norm. I wear my mirrored driving sunglasses, as do several others. There are a couple guys who wear aviators that make them look like right at home with Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise in Top Gun. (And they are not even pilots)

I don't think I've ever seen anyone get told to change their sunglasses while on the flightline. It should almost be manditory to wear some kind of eye protection(polarized) from those white-out conditions in September. Also, having debris flying around on the ramp doesn't help vision.

When I was at CFSATE, I got told to get rid of my glasses...  The gentleman who didn't like them said that Oakleys were not proper to wear in uniform, that they were 'flashy'...  see http://www.focusonprice.com/images/Resiz03-623.jpg...  I haven't had an issue with them since I was posted out of there, and being out on the flightline all summer, I'm happy with a pair of glasses and my good ol' baseball cap, haha.

Sparkplugs said:
When I was at CFSATE, I got told to get rid of my glasses... 

School life and Sqn life are usualy 2 very different beasts.

Sparkplugs said:
When I was at CFSATE, I got told to get rid of my glasses...  The gentleman who didn't like them said that Oakley's were not proper to wear in uniform, that they were 'flashy'...  see

You tell me who this guy was..No one says bad thing about Oakley on my watch ;D

But yes to reiterate CDN's point real life is usually a complete 180 from school life in the CF. Though when a CSM/RSM or whatever you guys call it in the AF gets posted to a Sqn from the school well it usually takes him a little while to come online and loose the "school" mentality.

BulletMagnet said:
Though when a CSM/RSM or whatever you guys call it in the AF gets posted to a Sqn from the school well it usually takes him a little while to come online and loose the "school" mentality.

Its called a SCWO

And they usualy die of a heart attack when they run into the crews if they are a "dress police" kinda person.

Sparkplugs said:
When I was at CFSATE, I got told to get rid of my glasses...  The gentleman who didn't like them said that Oakleys were not proper to wear in uniform, that they were 'flashy'...  see http://www.focusonprice.com/images/Resiz03-623.jpg...  I haven't had an issue with them since I was posted out of there, and being out on the flightline all summer, I'm happy with a pair of glasses and my good ol' baseball cap, haha.

Let's put it politely.  Have some taste in the glasses you wear and with which order of dress you are wearing it.  I remember approaching the Training Lecture building in the RCD lines and there was this overweight female officer out having a smoke with some other Snr NCO's.  Nothing wrong with that, as it was a Smoking Area.  However, she was in her DEUs and wearing a pair of Punked out Sunglasses with fluorescent yellow and orange frames.  That was a disgrace to the uniform, and the MWO that she was with seemed to have no balls to jack her up for it.

George Wallace said:
Let's put it politely.  Have some taste in the glasses you wear and with which order of dress you are wearing it.

And the ones she posted are exactly the same as i have and are fine in uniform.

They are Half Jackets, like the ones I suggested my 9er purchase for her to wear in uniform and again they are more then fine and in the regs for dress. They are also Ballistic

George Wallace said:
Let's put it politely.  Have some taste in the glasses you wear and with which order of dress you are wearing it.  I remember approaching the Training Lecture building in the RCD lines and there was this overweight female officer out having a smoke with some other Snr NCO's.  Nothing wrong with that, as it was a Smoking Area.  However, she was in her DEUs and wearing a pair of Punked out Sunglasses with fluorescent yellow and orange frames.  That was a disgrace to the uniform, and the MWO that she was with seemed to have no balls to jack her up for it.

Maybe the MWO was professional enough to not 'jack up' an Officer in front of a bunch of subordinates...and did it quietly after the fact or handed it over to the BC to address.

Eye In The Sky said:
Maybe the MWO was professional enough to not 'jack up' an Officer in front of a bunch of subordinates...and did it quietly after the fact or handed it over to the BC to address.

Wish that were true, but I don't think he did.  She left the building a few hours later wearing those "kool diving glasses".

BulletMagnet said:
They are Half Jackets, like the ones I suggested my 9er purchase for her to wear in uniform and again they are more then fine and in the regs for dress. They are also Ballistic

And I ordered them through the Forces/Oakley program that they have.  I knew they were fine, but when on a training base, it's better sometimes just to shut up and pocket the glasses until that dude's around the corner.

Too flashy?!? Sounds like something that a certain former Pat Platoon MCpl would say. (You know the one I mean Spark  ::) )They look pretty non-descript compared to some of the sunglasses worn here that resemble the ones often worn by celebs such as Paris Hilton. (Eyepieces covering half of your face) Never understood why young women like wearing those so much. All those glasses do is cover up their pretty faces.

CDNAIRFORCE said:
Too flashy?!? Sounds like something that a certain former Pat Platoon MCpl would say. (You know the one I mean Spark  ::) )They look pretty non-descript compared to some of the sunglasses worn here that resemble the ones often worn by celebs such as Paris Hilton. (Eyepieces covering half of your face) Never understood why young women like wearing those so much. All those glasses do is cover up their pretty faces.

Hahaha, I know exactly who you're referring to, and surprisingly enough, it wasn't! 

I can't handle the big old face covering sunglasses.  Besides, I look goofy in all glasses, so I try and get the least attention-grabbing ones I can, haha, that will still protect my eyes.

Back