• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dress Policy For Sunglasses

johnny_boy

Inactive
Reaction score
Just curious as to whether the CF dress policy handbook is on the Internet somewhere (my unit was out)? A search turned up nothing on the DND site and here. I'm mainly just interested to know the policy on sunglasses while in uniform.

Edit: apon further digging, I found the policy regarding sunglasses on this forum. However, would still like to get my hands on the whole policy for future reference.

johnny_boy said:
Edit: apon further digging, I found the policy regarding sunglasses on this forum. However, would still like to get my hands on the whole policy for future reference.

What is the policy for sunglasses while in uniform?

As a peson who suffers from photophobia . I'm informed that none mirrorized plain framed sunglasses are allowed . but thats for me and others who suffer like me .I dont wear nothing  like your Gargoyles or anything like that . just plain sunglasses. I have been told to remove them once in a while but after I've explained that its medical  {i have the diagnosis  to back this up} ,I've been allowed to wear them i dont try to rub this in the face of anyone .I normally remove them for most parades and normally dont have an issue with when they request {REQUEST being the operative  term}  if its for a short while if its not too bright out .

johnny_boy said:
Just curious as to whether the CF dress policy handbook is on the Internet somewhere (my unit was out)? A search turned up nothing on the DND site and here. I'm mainly just interested to know the policy on sunglasses while in uniform.

Here is the "handbook" (Dress Manual). You must be on the LAN in order to get access to it.

http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dhh/publications/engraph/cfps_e.asp?cat=6#cfp265

In ref to my last post, here is the article dealing with sunglasses.

EYEGLASSES/SUN-GLASSES VERRES CORRECTEURS ET LUNETTES DE
SOLEIL
11. Eyeglasses and sun-glasses shall be
conservative in design and colour.

12. Subject to any restrictions which may be
imposed by commanding officers on occasions of
wear, the following sun-glasses are authorized for
wear with CF orders of dress:

a. Designated Duty Personnel. Personnel
serving in aircrew, field and other designated
positions may obtain from the CF Supply
System and wear:

(1) Sun-glasses (aircrew) 8465-21-870-

(2) Sun-glasses (field force) 8465-21-104-
7821, and

(3) Sun-glasses (special) 8465-21-874-

b. All Personnel. Personnel who normally wear
eyeglasses, may wear either conventionally
framed prescription sun-glasses or
conservatively styled clip-on sun-glasses,
when conditions and circumstances dictate.
Others may wear conservatively styled sunglasses
which conform in general
appearance to those previously noted.

13. The following types of lenses are not
authorized for wear with CF orders of dress:

a. Photochromic. These lenses act as a light
filter and possess the property of darkening
when exposed directly to ultraviolet light and
lightening when the ultraviolet is withdrawn.

b. Mirrored. These lenses, also referred to as
half-silver mirrors, have a highly reflective
metallic substance deposited upon the
surface of the lenses, thereby creating a
mirrored effect.

If you're talking about photochromics, yes, plenty of times, but they are in frames with prescription lenses already.

MM

I'm aircrew therefore i wear whatever i want........ ;D

SupersonicMax said:
Are you going agains the regs :-o

Didn't you get the memo?  Flyboys write the regs*!  8)

*we let them think that anyway.  Less trouble trying to confuse them otherwise  ;)

airmich said:
Didn't you get the memo?  Flyboys write the regs*!  8)

Guess I didn't read that part of the regs yet :lol:

airmich said:
*we let them think that anyway.  Less trouble trying to confuse them otherwise  ;)

One thing you forgot is that we have good vision :p]

Same thing pretty much for flight line servicing personnel working out on the runways in "Sunny Cold Lake". Whatever you want to wear seems to be the norm. I wear my mirrored driving sunglasses, as do several others. There are a couple guys who wear aviators that make them look like right at home with Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise in Top Gun. (And they are not even pilots)

I hope everyone can contain their excitement!

The CEMS Project is working on getting sunglasses for all Air Force and entitled personnel!  WOOT!

These are apparantly being trialed now and you can expect to see them on Wings across the country...

Gucci-Pink-Sunglasses_3B4A862C.jpg

I was refering to, has anybody ever seen these before?

7821, and

genesis98 said:
I was refering to, has anybody ever seen these before?

7821, and

Pics would work better.  Don't know about you, but when I sign stuff from supply I'm not usually looking at the stock number.

They were issuing sunglasses like these (with grey instead of yellow frames) to students in Portage when I went through there in '02. Don't know if they are actually the sunglasses (aircrew) you speak of, but they were issued.

IIRC, the "field force" sunglasses looked similar to the current army BEWs...but I could be thinking of another product entirely.

genesis98 said:
I'm the one looking for pictures, I want to see what they look like.

My bad.

Where's ArmyVern when you need her!

Back