• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Do you carry a pocketknife? "

The only time I don't is when I am sleeping.  Also was the Gerber tool for smashing windows and Cutting seat belts that we were issued recently issued forces wide or was it just a local thing.  Here is a link to it on the Gerber site: http://www.gerbergear.com/Military/Knives/Strap-Cutter_30-000364

jollyjacktar said:
mariomike said:
We were issued folding knives for hangings. 
Man, you guys in Toronto don't take shit from anyone.  :D
Sometimes people string themselves up poorly and someone has to finish the job. Toronto's bean counters limited it to a small folding blade.  :dunno:

241 said:
The only time I don't is when I am sleeping.  Also was the Gerber tool for smashing windows and Cutting seat belts that we were issued recently issued forces wide or was it just a local thing.  Here is a link to it on the Gerber site: http://www.gerbergear.com/Military/Knives/Strap-Cutter_30-000364
I suspect it was a local initiative.  The Benchmade equivalent was issued to Med Techs in Afghanistan for cutting casualties out of seat belts/vehicle restraints.  Not CF wide.  Personally, I prefer a folding knife since it is much more useful for multiple tasks vice cutting webbing.

Does anyone have experience with a Leatherman Skeletool? I'm on the lookout for a simple, compact and tough multitool.

Journeyman said:
Man, you guys in Toronto don't take crap from anyone.  :D
Sometimes people string themselves up poorly and someone has to finish the job. Toronto's bean counters limited it to a small folding blade.  :dunno:
Damned  buget cuts.  :not-again:

Small Wenger Swiss Army knife. Blade, screwdriver/bottle opener, can opener, corkscrew, punch, file, and saw. 3 1/4" x 3/4" x 5/8".

Goes in my pocket every morning, and there's seldom a day or so that I don't have occasion to use it. Not really big, but enough to get through most jobs. Had it since the mid 80s, and will probably go to my son long after I'm gone.

Back