• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO - Pilot - Questions

Congratulations, johnsr19! It's great to hear that some of us are getting the call.

To all of you still eagerly waiting to hear back about the selection that took place on July 25, I thought I would share what I was told on Friday by my file manager. The board has made their selections, however it seems that many (if not most) of us are still awaiting our air factor assessment to be finalized (someone has to sign off on it once it is assessed by DRDC). Official job offers cannot be made until these are finalized. I was under the impression that mine was finalized last week, but it was not. Not to worry, though, as he said the selection board makes their choices based on the successful completion of CAPSS. If you are selected by the board and your air factor is not yet finalized, they will put a rush on it -- it will not prevent you from being selected (unless some problem arises that DRDC overlooked). He also mentioned that nothing is official yet, but things are looking good for those in the DEO selection pool right now.

I hope this gives some of you some reassurance; I don't know about you, but I've found the waiting to be the most difficult part so far!

With a little luck, we'll have our answers soon.

Has anyone else heard anything similar/different?

Basically what I've heard as well, RC. My reliable source said that the pool (merit-listed DEOs) is quite a bit smaller than the number they're looking to intake. This source said that they'll either run more selections or just make the job offer as soon as the air factor is assigned. He or she thought the latter was more likely. Having successfully finished ASC and the DRDC medicals, my fingers are permanently crossed - I'm hoping for one of the BMOQs in Sept.

As a side note, the Cpt from my RC called on Friday and left a message for me to call her.
Upon very anxiously calling her back, I learned...

...she had forgotten to ask me a question in my interview.
Sigh.

hi everyone,
This forum is really helping as many information that are necessary are discussing here. Now about this topic, I fall into this category DEO pilot, but my last meeting with my recruiter talked about Air factor...I think he said something as being low. I am not sure I did any assessment of such except may be they use something else to carry out the assessment.

I have questions? what is air factor assessment. How is it being done or assessed, who do the assessment. Finally do you think without Air factor assessment or  air factor assessment being low can still give one chances of getting pilot job.

your advises will be greatly appreciated.

PWN -- I'm glad to hear that you were told essentially the same thing I was told. As I understood my file manager, the selection board may very well have selected us, but they need to wait for the air factor to be signed off on before the official job offer can be made. He didn't seem overly concerned about it being a problem.

I'm hopeful that the call will come soon. A quick scan of the Canadian Forces Leadership & Recruit School's website shows that the last BMOQ course for 2012 begins August 20...

I'll be sure to post a note here as soon as I hear anything else.

I am pretty much in the same situation. Last news I had from my file manager was that she was waiting for my air factor confirmation from CFEME Toronto.

Hey RC, I've had English BMOQ's in September, October and January 2013 mentioned specifically to me. So don't stress if it gets too close to the 20 Aug course.

lifeGoes, there's some info about your full Med Category, including Air Factor, here:
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/cfp-pfc-154/CH-3-eng.asp

My understanding is that ONLY one of the two flight surgeons at DRDC in Toronto can assign the needed Air Factor for pilots.  You would know if you've done the necessary assessment - it's a least a day at DRDC full of poking and prodding and creepy chambers :)

That's good to know, PWN! At least there are other course dates, should the air factor come in too late for the August course. That definitely takes some of the pressure off. They don't have those start dates listed on their site, but I guess they add them if they need them.

R.C. said:
but I guess they add them if they need them.

The military has been at this recruiting and training thing for quite some time. Why don't you just relax and let the CF handle things from here eh ?

Sounds like a Selection has been added for 15 Aug.

Puts me on a pretty tight timeline from when I finished DRDC, but good luck to everyone else still waiting to be Merit Listed!

GregRell said:
PWN is this confirmed?  How have you come across this information?

Comes from someone I know at a CFRC. It's as "confirmed" as anything else out there, but you know what they say...don't believe anything you hear until after it's happened (and even then...).

Does anybody know how many remaining DEO slots are available at this particular point in time?

Just got the call today, BMOQ Sept 24 pending air factor.  :facepalm:

Congratulations, pthebeau!

Out of curiosity, when did you complete aircrew selection in Trenton?

Thank you!  Hopefully some of you will be joining me!

R.C. said:
Out of curiosity, when did you complete aircrew selection in Trenton?

I attended ASC and DRDC on the week of July 9-13, 2012.

Thanks, pthebeau -- from ASC/DRDC to an offer within a few weeks -- well done! I think it's fair to say that there are a whole bunch of us hoping to join you for BMOQ in September.  :)

Has any one else out there received any good news (pending air factor or otherwise)?

Just a few questions.

Any word on how how many  spots remain for DEO pilot this year?  Is there any chance that they may load more candidates on aircrew come September?  (if their quota is not filled of course) .  Just trying to get a feel for the process and what my chances are for this year. Have been plagued with delays.

Can anyone in recruiting comment if educational waivers may be acceptable this year for pilot ?  (if DEO #s are not met)

I appreciate the assistance.

Hi All,

After many years... I got the call today.

St.Jean Sept 24!

See you there!

Back