• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Def Min's "Architect" Statements (split fm Walts et. al.)

Humphrey Bogart said:
Just because you release from the service doesn't mean you lose rank or expectations. 
Actually, my expectations are much  higher now; I no longer have to deal with the higher HQ from hell.  :nod:

I know, I know, this is all very pedantic to you.
I believe the word you are looking for is...irrelevant -- to me. If anyone believes I'm going to suit up and head off to Mali, something has gone horribly wrong with their meds.

However, in politics and policy, being pedantic matters.
.... and grammar; otherwise that is the sort of errant pedantry up with which I shall not put! 

.... and see, no one even cares to discuss that Militia guy who occasionally BS's.  Joys of "Radio Chatter."    :salute:

Journeyman said:
Actually, my expectations are much  higher now; I no longer have to deal with the higher HQ from hell.  :nod:
I believe the word you are looking for is...irrelevant -- to me. If anyone believes I'm going to suit up and head off to Mali, something has gone horribly wrong with their meds.
.... and grammar; otherwise that is the sort of errant pedantry up with which I shall not put! 

.... and see, no one even cares to discuss that Militia guy who occasionally BS's.  Joys of "Radio Chatter."    :salute:

Despite my parents both being English teachers, grammar has never been one of my strong suits.  Possibly due to the fact that all my early education (to high school) was in French, so sorry. 

Humphrey Bogart said:
Despite both my parents both being English teachers, grammar has never been one of my strong suits.  Possibly due to the fact that all my early education was in French, so sorry.

FTFY  ;D

:cheers:

I wasn't critiquing; I simply have a tendency to be pedantic justified in my grammatical concerns.  ;)

Journeyman said:

All militia guys BS but most don't do it for the cameras.......

Ironically....

“Each man is the architect of his own fate.”

Appius Claudius, 300 BC

daftandbarmy said:
Ironically....

“Each man is the architect of his own fate.”

Appius Claudius, 300 BC

And sadly, why I am the man I am today.  I'm no proper architect either.  :(

Journeyman said:
I wasn't critiquing; I simply have a tendency to be pedantic justified in my grammatical concerns.  ;)

Just for you I've enrolled in a crash course of "hooked on phonics" as my first order of business as DS  ;D

Humphrey Bogart said:
Just for you I've enrolled in a crash course of "hooked on phonics" as my first order of business as DS  ;D
Hey, start banning the right people and I don't care how you phrase it.  :nod:

Humphrey Bogart said:

Telling JM to fuck off requires no grasp on the old grammar. ;D

Scott said:
Telling JM to fuck off requires no grasp on the old grammar. ;D
:nod: 

Hard to imagine, but I have  been told in several different ways.  We're divorced now.  ;)

This is turning out to be the best thread ever.

Loachman said:
This is turning out to be the best thread ever.

Journeyman said:
While I initially thought this thread should be under Canadian politics, it was obviously a wise choice putting it under Chatter.

:stars:

Update: ....and then it gets moved to Canadian Politics.  :-[

« Last Edit: Today at 15:06:09 by Journeyman »
Deserving more and more to be back in Radio Chatter.    New Mods.    ::)

;D

Nobody stopped you from applying...

Or did he?

Loachman said:
Nobody stopped you from applying...

I didn't meet the prerequisites.
Mike Bobbitt said:
  • You must be impartial

• bender.jpg

I couldn't treat repetitively stupid people the same as informed useful posters. Oh well.

Humphrey Bogart said:
Out of the 837 members of Parliament that have military service, I can't think of one that sticks out in my mind as a great soldier and statesman, certainly not an Eisenhower.  I don't think our political system favours the soldier/statesmen at all.

He may not have been great soldier, but I think Lester B. Pearson would qualify as a pretty good politician.

Retired AF Guy said:
He may not have been great soldier, but I think Lester B. Pearson would qualify as a pretty good politician.

I agree, I thought of mentioning him but didn't because he never served as a high ranking Officer.  A possible Canadian example of excellent statesman/military leader would be someone like George's Vanier who was a career soldier, diplomat and Governor-General. 

Business, not politics, seems to be the post-military vocation of choice for our retired Generals.

Back