• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Deactivated weapons

A replica rubber Lee Enfield might be a trick.  It would likely be easier to locate and use a real one.  Where are you operating?  There are some businesses that supply prop firearms for movies in BC, but again if you have access to someone with a Possession Acquisition License, it it likely easier to use a real one under proper supervision of safe handling.

I'm in montreal.
Do i need someone with a license for the deactivated rifle to?? I can have access to someone with a license, may i need him if i want to rent the gun?

A deactivated firearm is not  considered a firearm; however, it may, in some circumstances cause you legal trouble since good dewats are hard to tell from working firearms.  Quebec police tend to be fairly rigid about enforcement and it is easiest to have the paperwork even when it is a dewat. Did you do a google search such as "firearm, dewat or deactivated,(or replica)  Montreal?  You might try some of the Montreal area Firearm Stores, particularly military ones.  Ones I know of in Canada that supply dewats include Marstar, The Soldier Shop, and the Kenogami Gunshop.  There are others but perhaps a quick google search will bring up what you need.
Sometimes hunter safety examiners also have access to deactivated training firearms, including Lee-Enfields for their courses.
That's where I'd start anyway.

The Solider Shop is defunct.

I wont own a  gun I can't shoot.

KevinB said:
The Solider Shop is defunct.

I wont own a   gun I can't shoot.

Indeed, Jimmy folded his tent and the building now sells motor-scooters(!)

Kearns and McMurchey (sp?) got into trouble in Edmonton from what I heard but had really nice stuff; I thought the Soldier Shop was selling KandM exclusively?

How come the bolt on the first FN is to the rear? I thought the bolt had to be welded in the closed position!

Larry....
that's what was pointed out before.... Civ dewat VS Mil dewat work to different standards.
what was done for the Movie business won't necessarily pass inspection by DND inspectors.

BTW - to be technical... it's a breach block & breach block carrier - not a bolt  ;D

geo said:
BTW - to be technical... it's a breach block & breach block carrier - not a bolt   ;D

I know, and I hang my head in shame.....having packed enough of them, and having my chest bruised from the bra that used to carry the C2 mags, while pepperpotting.

Someday maybe I'll own a real live Sten, but for now, a dewat came my way, and I grabbed it at a decent price.

It may not work, but it IS a little piece of Canadian History, (yes, it's a 1942 Longbranch) that's been saved from a scrap-yard somewhere.

Sept%2005%200751.jpg

In behind is a 1/4 Scale (again, non-firing) replica of the venerable .50 M2

Kinda neat, but only for show :-(

NS

Saw some Sten guns and a broomhandle at a show for $900 each, but I think I will buy a ex-Chinese broomhandle for $400 that might work  :)

Oh, BTW, that scaled down .50 is now a firing replica....

Videos within a couple of weeks.  Some final tweaking needed, but I had it out to the range on Saturday dumping a few mags through it for testing.

NS

NavyShooter said:
Oh, BTW, that scaled down .50 is now a firing replica....
Videos within a couple of weeks.  Some final tweaking needed, but I had it out to the range on Saturday dumping a few mags through it for testing.
NS
Uhhh.... firing what? 7.62?  .30cal?

geo,

Navyshooter told me it fires .22LR (fed with 10 rd mags.)

cheers

Navyshooter,

Can't wait to see the movie(s)..... ;)

.22 interesting.
The only thing missing will be that slow steady beat that tells em we're knocking at their door.

I remember seeing a deactivated AK-47, a Uzi, and a M16 in a police museum in Vancouver...

Back