• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Deactivated weapons

SuperTrooper

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all, long time reader, first time poster lol.

Well I have decided to give this a try, a few folks in the mess have come up to me and asked this question about having weapons in the mess that are deactivated, nothing wrong with them I said.
The day went on and some guys came up and asked if I could deactivate some enfields for them and present this to their mess, sure I said, cost ya some bucks but it can be done!
What can we have?

Anything you want!

So if anyone would like to have a weapon deactivated and mounted, give me a ring.

For those who are wondering what I do on the civie side, I work in the film industry as an Armorer.

If anyone has any question, do ask!

:salute:

If you are here to advertise your business, why not use your real name?  Or give some idea of where you are located?  Hard to surrender hard earned money to an anonymous person on the internet, unless of course, that is your intent.

So who are you, and where are you located?

Also be advised that simple advertising is not permitted on the forums.

Unless you can provide a better location than "golden horseshoe" I'm of a mind to recommend your account be deleted.

I don't think SuperTrooper's intent is malicious here... As Michael said, we do encourage commercial ventures to go through the official advertising process. Sounds like interesting work though...

Cheers
Mike

Hello Mr. Dorosh

Well I'm Al Vrkljan, yes I know I have a vowel, shocking isn't it lol.
I'm with 11 FD in Hamilton, the company that I'm with is based in Toronto.
If you wish you can check up my name on this web site, www.IMDB.com and type my name, it will show you the show's I've worked on.

Mr. Bobbitt, thanks.

It was just an idea that someone gave me to spruce up the mess, so I figured why not let other's have a chance, or have one hanging over their fire place at home.

I plan on donating one to my SNCO mess, FN and a enfield.
In time a bren, sten and maybe a vickers.

cheers.

on a further note, as soon as I figure on how to post pic's, I'll show some of the dewats.

Al

SuperTrooper said:
Hello all, long time reader, first time poster lol.

Well I have decided to give this a try, a few folks in the mess have come up to me and asked this question about having weapons in the mess that are deactivated, nothing wrong with them I said.
The day went on and some guys came up and asked if I could deactivate some enfields for them and present this to their mess, sure I said, cost ya some bucks but it can be done!

For what it's worth, having the weapons deactivated is not enough - the deactivation still has to meet the Security standards, be inspected and certified. In my Armoury, we have the 17 Wing Armourers come up once a year. They certify the display weaponry (both Mess and Museum) and present me with a certificate for them. Every display weapon/shell is certified annually.

During the time between their visits, any donated weapons are either stored in our weapons vault or shipped with our local supply run to the base for deactivation/certification and return. Donated ammunition (don't ask) normally involves a call to our local OPP for EOD.

SuperTrooper said:
Well I'm Al Vrkljan, yes I know I have a vowel, shocking isn't it lol.
I'm with 11 FD in Hamilton, the company that I'm with is based in Toronto.
If you wish you can check up my name on this web site, www.IMDB.com and type my name, it will show you the show's I've worked on.

I looked it up... it's a pretty impressive list... unfortunately, I have no idea how to pronounce your name...

Perhaps you should beg forgiveness for working with the atrocity known as Resident Evil: Apocalpse? I'm sure in time it can be rectified... ;)

Like working on RE3 lol, if the movie makes more then the budget it started out with, then it's a good thing, also the movie was never meant to be oscar material.
I enjoyed working on it considering the industry in Toronto took a nose dive during SARS, so I was very glad to be working on it at the time!

is it just me or are others looking at that pic of the wall of weapons and drooling in envy?  :'(

Danjanou said:
is it just me or are others looking at that pic of the wall of weapons and drooling in envy?   :'(

Nope, I can't say that deactivated firearms (of any flavour) do a thing for me.  They're fancy paperweights - nothing more. 

Thanks, but no thanks.  I like all of my firearms to function as intended.  Each to their own though....

I'm with Mark C., deactivated weapons, especially Vickers guns, but really any of them, cut and welded make me cry.  I'm not even happy about having to settle for collecting converted autos instead of unblemished ones.  On a professional note the photos provided do look like nice clean jobs.

Danjanou said:
is it just me or are others looking at that pic of the wall of weapons and drooling in envy?   :'(

Honestly, if I was going to get somthing that was only fit to hang on a wall, I'd probably go with a musket, or even an old Lee-Enfield .303 (Though I don't think I could bring myself to pay somone to deactivate such a wonderful rifle as the Lee-Enfield... though if it's already been done, it wouldn't look too bad hanging on the wall, maybe polish the brass, get a nice sling for it...)

Hi Super trooper! Im wondering if you know were i can get a Lee Enfield No.I mk.III (SMLE) rubber replica or deactivated w/bayonet? Im directing a short movie about world war 1, and im looking for a realistic replica, no need of gun fire.

Back