• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics

thanks , yeah I'm trying to avoid at all cost bankruptcy and those kind of options , I mean I'm trying to get a bank loan first with a cosigner , if ever this doesn't work , I'll try borrowing money from a family member and pay up everything then paying him back , but still , I'd rather know all the information and be able to turn on a dime.

Unless your interest rates are extremely higher then the banks, a bank loan isn't going to help you.
Make payments, you have a legal right to receive a receipt for any payment you make. They cannot just refuse to give you one.
If you can go to the company in person versus over the phone do that, bring in writing the plans you made with the company and your first payment if you have it.
If you don't mind me asking, are you dealing with collection agencies, or directly with the companies?

collection agencies , which are a lot more pain in the ass then the company itself ..... But I was dumb so now I have to deal with it , it is not really about the fees , its more about , instead of paying 200 to 3-4 different places a month , I can make 1 payment of like 200 , maybe for more months but at least I'm not gonna become broke out of it ....

Not a perfect option but...sounds like your Beacon score isn't perfect right now anyways  8) WRT a consolidation loan is to try your bank...if the bank is a no-go, you could always try a higher interest place like CitiFinancial, Wells Fargo, etc.  You'll pay REALLY high interest if you pay the loan out over the term (think 50% of the loan itself kind of high, 29% compound interest) but it might be an option to get you on the right track.

Credit Unions also take on higher risk unsecured loans in some cases. 

And on a positive note, taking the steps you are taking now are better than NOT taking them now and waiting until later life.  You'll be glad you did after this is all behind you (7'ish yrs if you play things right).

A good Beacon score can have many benefits; lower interest credit cards, mortgage rates, etc etc etc.

Good luck!

thanks a lot , yeah I'm looking on the bright side , I mean I know its gonna be kinda hard for next year or so , but I gave myself a 8 year time length to get my credit back to A1 so I could hopefully buy a house once ALL my training is done and I get my first posting ( starting my Civi degree this fall so 4 years , then trying to do a CT to reg force Pilot probably 1 year in time length , then pilot training something around 2 years with all the wait , then my posting )

so If I solve everything right now , I might be able to fit this time period !

If you're in Alberta, good place to go is money Mentors (they have a .ca too). They're not-for-profit financial advisory and debt counselling service. Not sure if they operate anywhere else.

http://www.moneymentors.ca/our-services.html

Edit: You're in Quebec so... Might not be an option however my advice stands for those looking for their services in the Great Canadian West.

I have a judgment in small claims court from 2012 - although im in the process with a credit council to make payments on all my debt, just wondering if my judgment would be considered a legal obligation? Or are matters presently in front of a court considered a legal obligation?

Thank you in advance

Amanda winter said:
Not much can be done when you have no income -_- and cant get a job out of college

Any job is income. You are not above any form of income when you have outstanding financial obligations. Get a job. McDonald's, gas station, retail, server, etc. Start making payments, regular payments, on schedule, every month. Even if you can't make the minimum payment, some is always better than none. You'll find that creditors are very forgiving if you can at least be counted upon to keep your word for small amounts on a regular basis. Increase the payments once you start to get a handle on things. As was said above--fix it.

Trust me, ive been applying for a year now for every single minimum wage job out there. It's just not happening. Student loans put me into the ground and im trying.

There's a specific reason there's a credit check, the CF doesn't want or need administrative burdens due to personal finances, or worse: individuals who can be persuaded by criminal elements/foreign intelligence due to their poor financial state. Work at McDonalds, or move if your local job market is terrible, but doing nothing will look terrible on your application.

How about Fort CrackFlurry er... McMurray? Judging from the people I've seen working here, you should be able to get a job no problem.

Here's my question, does no credit look as bad as bad credit? I only ask cause I don't have a credit card, don't have a cell phone or anything else that would raise or lower my credit. And considering I turned 19 in December its probably going to be blank.

J_M_J_D said:
Here's my question, does no credit look as bad as bad credit? I only ask cause I don't have a credit card, don't have a cell phone or anything else that would raise or lower my credit. And considering I turned 19 in December its probably going to be blank.

I couldn't imagine that no credit would be an issue at this stage. You just completed high school. If every person in your shoes was deemed in poor status; I believe I can make an accurate assumption in saying there would be A LOT of applicants deemed unfit or "undesirable" in the application process.

One possibility is to get a credit card with a small limit and just use it to buy coffee from Tim Hortins, thus building a credit history.  Plus they are useful in case of emergency as well.

The biggest thing is to make sure that you pay it back.

Robert0288 said:
One possibility is to get a credit card with a small limit and just use it to buy coffee from Tim Hortins, thus building a credit history.  Plus they are useful in case of emergency as well.

The biggest thing is to make sure that you pay it back.

Unfortunately I don't have a job in which I work all the time, I am "on call" but generally don't work unless its holidays or long weekends.

Back