• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics

Your best bet is to speak with a Recruiter and explain the details of your specific bankruptcy situation.

There can be different reasons for one feeling like they must declare bankruptcy (loss of job/employment for extended periods, unexpected medical situations not fully covered by health insurance, perhaps divorce/common-law rulings affecting expenses, etc., etc.), and I don’t know if it’s a hard no in all instances—I’m not a Recruiter. If the reason comes down to one simply not being able to manage finances and debt appropriately (too many credit cards/living beyond means, consistently poor management of income and not being able to pay debts due to simple irresponsibility, etc.) I know for certain that can affect a decision, regardless of how promising a candidate appears.

No one here can tell you what your chances will be though. Speak with a Recruiter at your nearest CFRC or Reserve unit. You may end up being told that you’ll have to wait a certain amount of time before you can apply.

BeyondTheNow said:
Your best bet is to speak with a Recruiter and explain the details of your specific bankruptcy situation.

There can be different reasons for one feeling like they must declare bankruptcy (loss of job/employment for extended periods, unexpected medical situations not fully covered by health insurance, perhaps divorce/common-law rulings affecting expenses, etc., etc.), and I don’t know if it’s a hard no in all instances—I’m not a Recruiter. If the reason comes down to one simply not being able to manage finances and debt appropriately (too many credit cards/living beyond means, consistently poor management of income and not being able to pay debts due to simple irresponsibility, etc.) I know for certain that can affect a decision, regardless of how promising a candidate appears.

No one here can tell you what your chances will be though. Speak with a Recruiter at your nearest CFRC or Reserve unit. You may end up being told that you’ll have to wait a certain amount of time before you can apply.

Hey man thanks for the reply!

It’s a combination of a failed(semi failed :p) small business that was financed personally, was paying the debts and had a good high paying job but then got laid off.

Your right, I need to contact the CAF directly so I can see if a career in the armed forces is a possibility for me down the road or not.

Tantheman, until your bankruptcy is completely discharged, you will be ineligible for service in the CAF due to legal obligations. After that, the reasons why you files for bankruptcy will be highly scrutinized while considering whether or not you will be granted a security clearance.

Back