• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics

CDN Aviator said:
This question gets asked 6 times a month...........

Couldn't wait until i answered your PM eh ?

::)

I apologize lol, It's just I am a bit worried.

You will be fine.

Now,

Quit worrying about stuff you do not control. You could have also put your worries to rest by reading the hundreds of responses to this question that are here on this site.

You must submit to the credit check to join the CF. Good credit or bad credit, you have to do it. No sense worrying about it.

CDN Aviator said:
Brilliant.

Gulruthina: #Fail

I was thinking that maybe the CF will ask me to send them my statement payment reports to show that I am making payments.

Gulruthina said:
I was thinking that maybe the CF will ask me to send them my statement payment reports to show that I am making payments.

They do a credit check. A credit check will make it painfully obvious if you are paying your bills or not.

Gulruthina said:

The CF will do a credit check on you, and see all those R1/O1/I1 entries, and be happy.  Why would they want to see that you're making payments when your credit report states that very information?

You got all the answers you needed, plus links to more answers in that other thread of yours.

Occam said:
The CF will do a credit check on you, and see all those R1/O1/I1 entries, and be happy.  Why would they want to see that you're making payments when your credit report states that very information?

Btw, what are those  R1/O1/I1 entries?

I asked because I read in the other forum treads that they have to send statements to the CF show that they are making payments and got me very mixed up as to whether I have to do the same thing.

Thanks!

CDN Aviator said:
They do a credit check. A credit check will make it painfully obvious if you are paying your bills or not.

I do pay my bills :) but not everything though since I could not pay the entire amount on one payment. Also, I do not have any past due amounts as I always pay more than the minimum payment.

Gulruthina said:
I do pay my bills :) but not everything though since I could not pay the entire amount on one payment. Also, I do not have any past due amounts as I always pay more than the minimum payment.

READ THE ANSWERS THAT HAVE BEEN PROVIDED TO YOU IN BOTH YOUR THREADS !!!!!!!

Gulruthina said:
I asked because I read in the other forum treads that they have to send statements to the CF show that they are making payments and got me very mixed up as to whether I have to do the same thing.

Read the situation those people were in. I mean actually read, not stupid read.

CDN Aviator said:
Read the situation those people were in. I mean actually read, not stupid read.

I did read but their situation is different from mine, but now all I can do is wait till they call me about my credit check, if ever, Thanks!

Gulruthina said:
I did read but their situation is different from mine,

That was my point. Quit worrying about what other people are doing.

Gulruthina said:
Btw, what are those  R1/O1/I1 entries?

You should be seeing those on your credit report.  See http://creditengine.net/equifax_format.htm, look for the "Equifax Trade Check Rating Codes" section.  Then look at your credit report that you got in the mail, and you should see R1/O1/I1 entries if you've been paying on time.

That's advice for people who have bad debt, and have made payment arrangements with their creditors.  If you had bad debt, that's what you would have to do to prove to the CF that you've taken steps to deal with it.  If you're paid and up to date, then that advice does not apply to you!

Owing companies, can this make a person ineligible for the Canadian Forces? Just wondering as I'm in a situation with a company and fear I would not be ineligible for employment.

ProtectAndServe said:
Owing companies, can this make a person ineligible for the Canadian Forces? Just wondering as I'm in a situation with a company and fear I would not be ineligible for employment.

This may help:
[merged into this thread]
Bruce

mariomike said:
This may help:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/16700.0.html
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/58604.0
Thank you very much for that link, it's a wake up call to start dealing with my loans asap... :s

Actually to add to my question, I owe a phone company and that has been put to collections, the other companies I do owe are not in collections yet, so when my recruiter contacted me only about the phone company I figured it must be showing in collections and all my other debts have not reached that point.. If I take care of the one in collections then obviously start paying my other debts would this be fine? Selections are in November 2012 according to my local RC for Infantry which gives me time to pay the phone company and start making payments on other debts. So would I be eligible for employment if I take care of debts in collections? 

Back