• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl. Nicolas Raymond Beauchamp, 5 Fd Amb & Pte. Michel Levesque, R22R - 17 Nov 2007

Dog Walker

Inactive
Reaction score
Roadside bomb kills two Canadian soldiers
Updated Sat. Nov. 17 2007 9:02 AM ET
CTV.ca News Staff
Two Canadian soldiers and their Afghan interpreter are dead after a roadside bomb detonated.
Three other Canadian soldiers were wounded in Saturday's incident.
The incident occurred in Zhari District, about 40 kilometres west of Kandahar City.
The soldiers were north of a Canadian forward operating base near the village of Bhazar-e Panjawaii when the blast occurred shortly after midnight.
Today's deaths bring Canada's toll to 73 military personnel and one diplomat since 2002.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20071117/afghan_casualties_071117/20071117?hub=TopStories

Initial report from from Canadian Press:

The Canadian death toll in Afghanistan has risen by two.

Two soldiers have been killed and three others were wounded during an operation west of Kandahar early Saturday morning.  They were riding in a Light Armoured Vehicle that hit an explosive device on a road north of a Canadian forward operating base near Bazar-e Panjwaii.  An Afghan interpreter also died in the blast.  The three Canadian soldiers have been taken to hospital at Kandahar Air Field with non-life threatening injuries.  The two latest casualties brings Canada's death toll to 73 soldiers since Canada joined the mission in Afghanistan five years ago.

Condolences to colleagues, family and friends of the fallen, speedy recovery to the rest.

:salute: :salute:

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands.
Protect them as they protect others.
Bless them and their families for the selfless
acts they perform for those in need.

My condolences to the families of these brave soldiers.  :cdn:

Rest in Peace troops.  Speedy recovery to the injured and thoughts and prayers to all the families and friends.  :cdn:

RIP Troops, and the Afghan Interpreter :salute: May the injured have a speedy recovery.

The dead have been identified as Cpl. Nicolas Raymond Beauchamp of the 5th Field Ambulance in Valcartier and Pte. Michel Levesque of the Royal 22nd Regiment, popularly known as the Van Doos.
Their ages and home towns have not yet been released by the military.
The incident occurred in Zhari District, about 40 kilometres west of Kandahar City.
The soldiers were north of a Canadian forward operating base near the village of Bhazar-e Panjawaii when the blast occurred shortly after midnight.
They were inside a LAV-III armoured vehicle.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20071117/afghan_casualties_071117/20071117?hub=TopStories

Platoon medic has become one of the most dangerous jobs in our military.

condolences.

St. Micheals Medical Team said:
Platoon medic has become one of the most dangerous jobs in our military.

condolences.

You are so right in that.  More and more we are all sharing the danger.

RIP to the fallen  :cdn:

Private Michel Levesque Jr. - 3 R22eR
http://www.combatcamera.ca/images/111707/VL2007-0044-1010_L.jpg

Corporal Nicolas Beauchamp - 5 Fd Amb
http://www.combatcamera.ca/images/111707/VL2007-0044-0945_B.jpg

Cpl Beauchamp, Pte Levesque, and unnamed Interpreter, thank you for your ultimate sacrifice, may you rest easy now.  May God bless them and their comrades who remain to finish the job.
I wish all the best for all families concerned, and thanks to them for supporting these men.

Rest in Peace lads.  Speedy recovery to the wounded and condolences to the families of all.
:cdnsalute:

Rest In Peace Pte Levesque and Cpl Beauchamp, you will always be remembered as one of the many heroes who gave everything for this great nation.  As for the families, there is nothing I could possibly say to ease the pain and anguish you must be going through, my sincerest condolences to you, my thoughts and prayers will be with you in your time of grieving. God Bless, and thank you to these and all the other brave soldiers for making the ultimate sacrifice :salute: :cdn:

Cpl Beauchamp, Pte Lavigne and the unnamed interpreter,
Thank you for all you have done.
Rest, your day is done & we'll take things over from hereon in

At the going down of the sun
and in the morn
we will remember them!

CHIMO!

My condolences to family friends & comrades

To the injured Get well soon!

RIP Cpl beauchamp, Pte Lavigne and the Afghan Interpreter.

Condolences to the family, friends and comrades of the fallen. To all those injured. Get well.

RIP Pte. Michel Levesque and Pte Lavigne

My heart goes out to your family and friends.

Back