• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Couple of lifestyle questions

kolkol

Inactive
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has some insight.

First, does the Army ever send the anglais' to Valcartier, re: combat arms? Mon francais est merde, but I think a posting in Valcartier would be wicked.

Second, how likely is it that you'll be moved as an NCM. Do they ever, like they used to commonly do in the RCMP, send a member to a different reg't just because (as in, they're needed) Or, if I join 1RCHA, will I likely stay with 1RCHA for a good deal of time?

Thanks.

From what i have seen in Valcartier, (my home base)

the only anglo around are "volunteer" and mostly are Combat engineer, as for infantry, I dont recall seeing an anglo. and as for armored...once again...I dont recall seeing anglos.

As for non-combat-arms trade..there are some of course..but each has their own reason.

Kolkol,

Postings all depend on the needs of the CF (sometimes). I have alot of friends at 1 RCHA that haven't left since they were posted there off QL3. And 13yrs later there is no posting in sight for some of them. Support trades are different, we spend 4-7 years per posting perhaps. That way we get greater exposure to all areas of our jobs.

mysteriousmind said:
and as for armored...once again...I dont recall seeing anglos.

There are some, as they got posted there right after a year long French course.

Don't forget, Anglos have a different plumage from Francos.      ::)

Regards

Back