• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfers (Reserve to Regular): Stories

Just an update. Still waiting for the ERC fingerprint results to be returned even though   I have already been through a   security clearance update 2 time including investigations. Submitted a level 3 update through my current employment   that should be back before the ERC is done! Getting very frustrated that the system does not seem to communicate within the same organizations at all. Oh well you can't expect all parts of the same government department to ever do anything the same now can you? Only been 12 months trying to transfer so far.

With the shortage of SigOps (MOC 215- MOS ??) and the signing bonus that you could recieve, I'm surprise it has taken the CF so long to CT yourself. I have seen others signed over within weeks from the Comm reserve and posted. Is the MOC/MOS not down a couple hundred trademan?

Fdtrucker said:
With the shortage of SigOps (MOC 215- MOS ??) and the signing bonus that you could recieve, I'm surprise it has taken the CF so long to CT yourself. I have seen others signed over within weeks from the Comm reserve and posted. Is the MOC/MOS not down a couple hundred trademan?

When I went for my interview they were down 268 !

Given the new way that CAP is being completed now, where it's Reg and Res combined doing the exact same course. Would a reserve member who finishes this CAP course have to redo it if they decided to CT. I'm asking because I'm thinking about going RegF but that is whole different topic. Just wanted to know if I would have to redo BMQ & CAP if I do make the jump.

Devlin said:
Given the new way that CAP is being completed now, where it's Reg and Res combined doing the exact same course. Would a reserve member who finishes this CAP course have to redo it if they decided to CT. I'm asking because I'm thinking about going RegF but that is whole different topic. Just wanted to know if I would have to redo BMQ & CAP if I do make the jump.

If you do the Reg F CAP you don't have to redo it after a CT, so I've been told.

Just an update I got a call today from the Recruiting officer.Go figure I was on my way from work to home 100+ KM so he left a message to call him back , I did and left a message for him .I am hoping that the only thing he would be calling for is to tell me that they Finally have an offer. I guess I will find out tomorrow morning or after the game of phone tag is done anyway.

Awesome...I LOVE phone tag :p

I was talking to my local CFRC today about starting my CT to the regs, and am headed in on Monday. I've been on steady Class A for the last 3 weeks, and may be starting a 3 month class B in the next week, so at least I've got work.

The Sgt I spoke to emailed me the CF Employment App, told me the to fill it in, and just hand it in on Monday. When I asked him what the current turnaround time for a CT to the regs was, he said about 4 months..

let's see if he was just blowing Sunshine up my Arse 8)

Thats sorta weird,  as far as I know (from my own experiance) you have to start a componet transfer from your unit, an you don't fill out another CF employment form, you fill out a Componet Transfer form. Than it gets passed around your unit, people sign off on it an the CO writes a recommendation than it gets sent to the CFRC.

MikeL said:
Thats sorta weird,   as far as I know (from my own experiance) you have to start a componet transfer from your unit, an you don't fill out another CF employment form, you fill out a Componet Transfer form. Than it gets passed around your unit, people sign off on it an the CO writes a recommendation than it gets sent to the CFRC.

The procedure has changed (for at least two months now) and you now apply directly at the CFRC/D and they contact the unit for the required information.  If your medical and ERC are current then you bypass that process.  Suppose to be faster and we shall see.

kincanucks said:
The procedure has changed (for at least two months now) and you now apply directly at the CFRC/D and they contact the unit for the required information.   If your medical and ERC are current then you bypass that process.   Suppose to be faster and we shall see.

The longest part of the "old way" seemed to be the waiting for the ERC as an ERC would have already been done on anyone that holds a valid security clearance, plus I have witnessed personally more than one member doing a component transfer, holding a security clearance,working in situations that require a specified level of clearance loose said clearance when the CFRC performed the ERC . This would be very detrimental to anyone working in a situation in which they require a security clearance in order to perform their duties as is the case with me. The "New Way" will definitely ensure that this will not occur and also lessen the workload at DPMSEC2(or whatever they are calling themselves these days) by not having to process the same people for an ERC that have already been investigated for a higher level clearance. I believe that this will speed up the component transfer process but only time will tell

Sigop2004 said:
I am currently doing a component transfer. I put my application into my reserve unit in June 04 then it sat there until late October 04, once the recruiting center received my application things picked up a bit.   Did my aptitude tests,medical and interview in early May 05 all on the same day! then since I am currently working on a class B contract I did my expres test in early June (this one is good for one year due to being conducted by PSP at the base gym) . The place I am working has been really supportive with un asked for calls to "friends" at the recruiting center (these are MWO's and CWO's making these calls). The latest info I got was that all they are waiting for is the security check response (which I find entertaining as I already hold a lot higher clearance). I keep being told that it should only be a few weeks now! Oh well all I can do is sit here and wait (at least I have a contract until the end of September!)

Got the call today being offered my first choice with RSBP. Still have to wait for the official offer but have been told I was selected and the offer is being written as I spoke with the recruiting officer.

I have been in for 3 years and i was NES for a time.  In your opinions how much would it affect a CT?  Thanks for the input in advance.

Just another update got another call today . Have to go to victoria to view/accept offer. Transfer will be effective 10 Nov 05. I sure am glad this part is FINALLY OVER.

My story, I had my OR send in all my info 2 weeks ago to the local CFRC for my CT. I hadn't heard anything yet so having read some of the horror stories here I gave them a call to try and avert any mishaps (and also just to be the "squeaky wheel" to speed things up"). Well, don't I find out they never received the file or just can't find it. Great, a start to another horror story.

CombatMP265 said:
My story, I had my OR send in all my info 2 weeks ago to the local CFRC for my CT. I hadn't heard anything yet so having read some of the horror stories here I gave them a call to try and avert any mishaps (and also just to be the "squeaky wheel" to speed things up"). Well, don't I find out they never received the file or just can't find it. Great, a start to another horror story.

Just a random thought, but did you go into the CFRC and fill out the paperwork to actually initiate the CT? I just completed a CT from res to reg F and, other than clearing out of the unit, my OR had absolutely nothing to do with the process.

For reference, if it helps at all, my CT took 6 weeks from start to finish. Hardly what I would refer to as a horror story, although I have no idea if that length of time is the norm or an exception these days.

kas.

CombatMP265 said:

Sounds like the misshap is from your end.  You should have initiated the CT from your local CFRC and taken the card of the recruiter that dealt with you.  For all you know your unit never sent the file.  If they did, request to see the 728 indicating when and where and to who it was sent.

Well here is my CT story, nothing really special.

Started my CT from Reserve Infantry to Reg Infantry in December of last year. Asked for the RCR and got it in the end. I got my call for my interview, medical etc early February. No worries there and just waited for the offer to come in, and started a tasking at the Inf School here in Gagetown that ends May 27th.

Got my offer about a week ago, Meaford for DP1 Infantry, Private IPC 2 plus 65 days towards my next IPC. I've had about 2 and a half years in with, at the end of my current contract, almost 10 months of class B. Wasn't too sure if I wanted regs so I did a 6 month contract with OPFOR in Wainwright, got back in December and applied.

So I'm off to Meaford June 10th on PAT for about a month then course starts July 9th as far as I know.

i've got a buddy of mine (really!) who started in the reserves but never finished basic (Reserves) and moved from Montreal to Manitoba.

He decided to reenlist in the regular forces (DEO) and has all the needed paperwork in hand except for his in initial medical from joining the Reserves.  He has been waiting 7 months for his medical to come back from his initial enrollment in the Reserves (not sure of unit name).  Does anybody have any advise on how to move things forward for this young man?

Have him ask the CFRC/D that if they are having problems finding his old medical file then perhaps they could just do a new one.

I am currently going through a component transfer from RES (15 SVC BN) to REG (ED TECH). Even though this is supposed to a more streamlined system, the lack of communication is still existent. I haven't received a response, from anyone @ NDHQ, for over 2 months. The last email that I have received has been to inform me that a different person is handling my component transfer. This "new" person (Sgt. Orcutt) is a component transfer broker. Unfortunately, I do not have an email address to get into contact with him or her. With that, I am unable to find out anything about the process.

So much for this "new" version of component transfer. Upon live chatting with a recruiter, at the local CFRC, they get many complaints about the lack of communication. Obviously, there are still many situations to work before they have this system sorted out.

I will have to wait out.

Back