• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

At the beginning of the month I was offered the chance to CT over to the reg force. However, unfortunately I had to decline as the current company I started working for out of university was making contributions towards paying off my student loan for my first year of employment. If I had accepted the offer, I would have had to pay the company back and I do not have that kind of liquidity available to pay them back nor would it have been wise to throw myself back into debt. I was advised that my 'cool down' period until I can resubmit my application is April 1st.

I plan on resubmitting my CT as my 1st year of employment with this company was May 2017 thus relinquishing me of any obligations moving forward. My question is, because I did not accept the initial offer, will I be 'black listed' or have my file ignored as a result?

Have you tried contacting your CT broker to ask about deferring your acceptance into May?  If you explain the situation they may be willing to "put you on hold", so to speak.

dapaterson said:
Have you tried contacting your CT broker to ask about deferring your acceptance into May?  If you explain the situation they may be willing to "put you on hold", so to speak.

I did not, I always sort of figured it was a straight yes or no answer. There's no harm in trying although I figure my file's probably been closed now.

Ajacied34 said:
I did not, I always sort of figured it was a straight yes or no answer. There's no harm in trying although I figure my file's probably been closed now.

The worst that will happen is they will say "No."  But if you give the context ("I'd have had to repay money I did not have, but that problem's gone 01 May") they may well be willing to reconsider.  A straight "No" to the offer is very different from a "No, but..."

Ajacied34 said:
At the beginning of the month I was offered the chance to CT over to the reg force. However, unfortunately I had to decline as the current company I started working for out of university was making contributions towards paying off my student loan for my first year of employment. If I had accepted the offer, I would have had to pay the company back and I do not have that kind of liquidity available to pay them back nor would it have been wise to throw myself back into debt. I was advised that my 'cool down' period until I can resubmit my application is April 1st.

I plan on resubmitting my CT as my 1st year of employment with this company was May 2017 thus relinquishing me of any obligations moving forward. My question is, because I did not accept the initial offer, will I be 'black listed' or have my file ignored as a result?

You'll find CT brokers and your RegF career manager can be accommodating if your request is reasonable. I had my COS date changed as I was just finishing a course, just had to make sure my transfer was completed during that current fiscal year.

mariomike said:
See also,

OP: Stinton93
https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/127683/post-1527212.html#msg1527212

Yes the other post was another Post in another section by me. Any advice / ideas you could offer?

Stinton93 said:
Yes the other post was another Post in another section by me. Any advice / ideas you could offer?

Just this,

"•You will not spam the boards. This is usually described as making the same post over and over, or the same post to multiple forums or threads."
https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-35410.html#msg35410

mariomike said:
Just this,

"•You will not spam the boards. This is usually described as making the same post over and over, or the same post to multiple forums or threads."
https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-35410.html#msg35410

Noted and fixed. There is only one post remaining

Hello all,
I applied for a CT to ROTP in January and I've had my interview conducted by the CFRC. Is it just a waiting game at this point now?

Just wondering how long it will take for an Artillery reserve (planning on going reserve in university) to go to regular.
Thank you for your time.

Canuck_55555 said:
Just wondering how long it will take for an Artillery reserve (planning on going reserve in university) to go to regular.
Thank you for your time.

Short answer: Lots of variables in each and every case, so it depends.

Canuck_55555 said:
Thank you for your time.
It took my file 3 years before I received any notification on my CT

Can someone also help me understand whether a fully qualified DP2/QL5 Cpl is entitled to keep his rank upon a CT? I was in for 5 years yet bumped down to an untrained Pte because total service time didn't even entitle me to a trained Pte. This has been frustrating me for a while and would appreciate any real references.

Pull up CF Mil Pers Instr 03/08 on the DWAN. It covers what is a controlled or uncontrolled rank. I believe Cpl is uncontrolled (you get to keep it), but it is more complicated when you're talking about a CT and OT.

PuckChaser said:
Pull up CF Mil Pers Instr 03/08 on the DWAN. It covers what is a controlled or uncontrolled rank. I believe Cpl is uncontrolled (you get to keep it), but it is more complicated when you're talking about a CT and OT.
Mil Pers Instr 03/08, I'll look into that next time I log in. Thanks.
Can anyone else help me out here? I've tried to clerks, BPSO, recruitment office, and they all have no idea what actually goes in to determining the rank on an offer aside from service time.

Are you staying in trade? If yes, are there significant differences between Reg and Res courses?

How many days if paid service do you have?

dapaterson said:
Are you staying in trade? If yes, are there significant differences between Reg and Res courses?

How many days if paid service do you have?
The CT has already happened, and it was also an OT. By calculation I didn't have enough days-in to qualify for even a trained private yet, I had more than the basic qualifications to be a CPL in my former trade. The true issue that bothers me is that the rank was purely based on time in, completely ignoring my previous training, courses, achievements, and assessments. It bothers me that now that I've transferred, all work and career progress I've made has essentially been nullified.

If you changed trades, then by definition (barring PLAR) you are unqualified in the new trade.

Your IPC in that case would be set based on full time equivalent service, AFAIK.

Back