• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

I filled out a security clearance form over a year ago but recently received an email from Ottawa telling me it was not showing on my MPRR. I have been in contact with my OR to have the paperwork taken care of. Will this result in a big delay in my CT? I don't know much about the security clearance and what affect it will have on the CT process.

When you got your Clearance, you should have signed your Initial Briefing/Security Certificate.  You should have been given the original, a copy placed on your Pers File and a copy sent to DPM Secur 2.  That should prove that you have a Clearance to whatever Lvl you have, and someone can then get to the business of correcting HRMS.  You can also have your USS pull up your History and if that doesn't work, query DPM Secur 2 as to what your Clearance is.

Wilshire Blvd. said:
I filled out a security clearance form over a year ago but recently received an email from Ottawa telling me it was not showing on my MPRR. I have been in contact with my OR to have the paperwork taken care of. Will this result in a big delay in my CT? I don't know much about the security clearance and what affect it will have on the CT process.

To get the best info, you should get the status of your screening from your Unit Security Supervisor, and e-mail it to D Mil C (DMILC7CT at forces.gc.ca).  Ask them what their take on it is.  They may accept you, if the clearance is at least in progress.  When they answer, can you let us know what they say?

George Wallace said:
When you got your Clearance, you should have signed your Initial Briefing/Security Certificate.  You should have been given the original, a copy placed on your Pers File and a copy sent to DPM Secur 2.  That should prove that you have a Clearance to whatever Lvl you have, and someone can then get to the business of correcting HRMS.  You can also have your USS pull up your History and if that doesn't work, query DPM Secur 2 as to what your Clearance is.

:facepalm:

Crap!  I jumped the gun on this one.  You only filled out the forms.  That doesn't mean you have a Clearance.  As such it will not show up on your MPRR.  Your USS can print off your History, and give you an idea of where your Clearance has progressed to.  As of yet, you don't have a Clearance above what you had before you filled out those forms...... most likely ERC.

Good Day to all,

I am a Class A Reservist and doing a component transfer to the Regular Forces.
My Security level is Enhanced reliability status. I am a naturalized Canadian and have been in Canada for under 10 years. 
Do I need the Security Clearance or Check again to transfer to the Regular Forces?
My trade colour is purple.

Thanks.

I'm sure this is covered somewhere on the forums here, but if you're CTing your clearance will transfer provided you aren't OTing into a trade that requires a higher security clearance.

agc said:
To get the best info, you should get the status of your screening from your Unit Security Supervisor, and e-mail it to D Mil C (DMILC7CT at forces.gc.ca).  Ask them what their take on it is.  They may accept you, if the clearance is at least in progress.  When they answer, can you let us know what they say?

Thanks, will do.

George Wallace said:
:facepalm:

Crap!  I jumped the gun on this one.  You only filled out the forms.  That doesn't mean you have a Clearance.  As such it will not show up on your MPRR.  Your USS can print off your History, and give you an idea of where your Clearance has progressed to.  As of yet, you don't have a Clearance above what you had before you filled out those forms...... most likely ERC.

You are correct - the paper work is done, but I don't think I have a Clearance. Do you know if a Clearance is needed to CT?

Wilshire Blvd. said:
You are correct - the paper work is done, but I don't think I have a Clearance. Do you know if a Clearance is needed to CT?

CMP Instr 03-08

Indicates in Sec 3.3 that you must have Reliability Status, at minimum.  This was granted to you as part of you enrolment process for the P Res.  It is your current unit's responsibility to initiate the upgrade to the required level for the Reg F.

If you do not require a higher clearance there will be no impact.  Even if you do require a clearance, this will not be used as a determining factor in selection.  If you do require a clearance for your new trade, the paperwork will be initiated once your CT goes through.  It can and will take a long time to process but it wont stop the CT.  It will, however, prevent you from attending basic trades courses that require Secret and above to attend.  You could find yourself on PAT or OJT for an extended period of time in this case.

Hey everyone been browsing this thread and could not find a answer to my question. I am curious what happens after i receive my ETP message. The reason I am curious is that my posting date is 22 march and I have received no information on who my COC is and how to contact them or if i am permitted to take a PMV. I am being posted to PRETC Borden awaiting a QL3 course. My unit orderly room does not have the answers to my questions, so i thought i would aks here. Sorry in advance if this has been answered already as i was unable to find it.  :salute:

Does your ETP message not have reporting instructions?

If it doesn't, your best bet would be to call the BTL administrators at Borden and coordinate with them.  They will be the ones looking after you.

Hey guys, 

Been on this forum for almost 2 years now lurking,  reading and soaking up as much info as I can.  I've got a few questions for those in the know.  I'm currently a serving NCM with an artillery unit,  been in for 2 years roughly.  I'm also a civilian commercial helicopter pilot and fixed wing pilot,  currently working for a commercial helicopter operator. This entire process has been carefully planned with the end goal being pilot in the airforce.    I've been talking to the recruiter at my unit now that I'm qualified and given some time back to the unit about a component transfer /  occupational transfer into  CEOTP - Pilot if it opens up this next FY.  I'm just curious if anyone else has been through the same process as this and has some information they could share with me?  Is this type of transfer even possible?  My recruiter says she thinks it is but I've read on here  of some guys actually releasing from the reserves and applying CEOTP at the recruiting center as a civvy the same day.  I understand that if it is possible I'm in for a long wait -  that isn't an issue I'm only 24 and I have a flying job already so I can wait as long as it takes.  I've called the recruiting center as well but they just directed me to my unit recruiter.  They didn't seem to know much.  Anyways,  if anyone knows if this is possible and/or has first hand experience with this I would appreciate some info. 

Thanks, 

Rob             

Hi Rob,

Usually, competition for CEOTP begins in August, closes in Nov/Dec. CEOTP - Pilot was closed this year (CANFORGEN opened it, but it was rescinded), and I am not sure if it will open again. The training system can barely cope with the number of OJTs right now. Some guys have to wait almost 2 years for their PFT.

I assume you are a reservist, then you are not elligible for UTP. Your best bet would be either DEO (if you already have a degree) or ROTP.

Your commercial license will certainly give you a lot points when the board sits, however, its not gonna waive the requirement for ASC. Pass rate at ASC is usually around 40% I think. On mine there was a couple of guys with commercial licenses, and they all failed.

Hope this helps, Good Luck !

Just a quick add-on -- a bunch of the new demand for ACS techs is due to the ACS trade taking over the ALSE (safety systems) duties.  The only reason I say this is because not all ACS techs are happy about it -- there's a possibility that you could end up in an ALSE shop, inspecting flight helmets, sewing bags, testing liferafts, and stuff like that.  ACS doesn't necessarily mean you'll always get a cool welding or machining job.  Just a thought.

*edited for spelling.  ;D

Thanks for the heads up Sparkplugs.

Got my CT Offer today for ACS, Start at CFSATE May 01, 2011... Boy that was fast

Thanks for all the help fellas

Has anybody made recent progress with their CT applications? I haven't heard much in a while.

That silence should pretty much sum it up. I called DMCA once couple weeks back got told wait till end of March/ April 1st, If i don't hear anything around May ish, then call. I'm ''CT/OT'' situation though. Not sure if it makes a difference, time frame wise.

Anyone know course dates for the ACS course at CFSATE? I'm to be there as of May 1st, hope I don't sit in PAT platoon long?

Back