• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

Fitness tests (Express test) are good for 365 days from the date of testing.  If you achieved and exempt status then it is good for 730 days (2  years) from the date of testing. The BFT is good for 365 days only. 

You don't need a BFT to CT, just book a time with your local PSP staff (if you have a base nearby) and do the Expres test.

I'm going through the CT process as well and I was told you do need an up-to-date fitness test, either the BFT or the CF EXPRES test. If your fitness test isn't valid, your CT comes to a grinding halt according to my CFRC interviewer. I've inquired regarding booking a CF EXPRES test appointment as soon as my file manager told me this and was told since we're army, we only do the BFT. Also, since my unit wasn't running a BFT until December, my unit arranged for me to do the BFT with another unit so this is a possible option as well.

You can easily check if your fitness test is about to expire or not. When you applied for CT, they should have sent you your MPRR. On your MPRR, check the fitness test date category and add one year to that date (providing you didn't achieve exempt on the CF EXPRES test or you did the BFT.)

Also, I received an e-mail from my file manager today stating that the hold on hiring is no longer in effect for Component Transfers for those people still waiting. Sadly, my trade is closed until Apr 2011

Globemaster said:
I've inquired regarding booking a CF EXPRES test appointment as soon as my file manager told me this and was told since we're army, we only do the BFT.

That sounds like a crock, considering on PERs a BFT and Expres Exempt are the same thing. I'm glad your unit went to bat for you, and got you on another BFT.

Globemaster said:
I'm going through the CT process as well and I was told you do need an up-to-date fitness test, either the BFT or the CF EXPRES test. If your fitness test isn't valid, your CT comes to a grinding halt according to my CFRC interviewer. I've inquired regarding booking a CF EXPRES test appointment as soon as my file manager told me this and was told since we're army, we only do the BFT. Also, since my unit wasn't running a BFT until December, my unit arranged for me to do the BFT with another unit so this is a possible option as well.

You can easily check if your fitness test is about to expire or not. When you applied for CT, they should have sent you your MPRR. On your MPRR, check the fitness test date category and add one year to that date (providing you didn't achieve exempt on the CF EXPRES test or you did the BFT.)

I received a copy of my MPRR but unfortunately my unit left it almost completely blank. I have been in touch with my OR to have it updated but they have been difficult to deal with. All I got was, "Your expres test is set to expire this fall."

I am hoping to get get my expres test done with CF PSP.

Wilshire Blvd. said:
I received a copy of my MPRR but unfortunately my unit left it almost completely blank. I have been in touch with my OR to have it updated but they have been difficult to deal with. All I got was, "Your expres test is set to expire this fall."

I am hoping to get get my expres test done with CF PSP.

Difficult to deal with in what way? The OR clerks are responsible for updating PeopleSoft with your info, so if there is incorrect and/or missing info on your MPRR, you need to let them know exactly what needs to be changed and keep sending reminders (it gets busy in an OR). Your best bet is to go see them in person with an ink-amended copy of your MPRR (i.e. write in what you need changed), be very polite and let them know you need it done a.s.a.p. for your CT.

If you are wondering how to get a copy of your MPRR without having to ask your clerks to print one off for you (a slow process on PS), you can access it yourself via your EMAA acct. If you don't have an EMAA acct yet, all you need to do is enter your service number on the website and you can create one for yourself.  Easy peasy.

I'm considering a CT myself in the near future. The question is should I do it now (because I may end up with more Class A than B in the coming months, which would suck) or should I hold off until I get my 5's done and subsequently, my promotion (could happen as early as mid-April). The promotion means more money in the long run, not to mention the rank 'improvement' itself is a boon. I'm getting itchy, though, as I really want full-time employment in the Forces and think the Reg F is the best way for me to go.

Celticgirl said:
I'm considering a CT myself in the near future. The question is should I do it now (because I may end up with more Class A than B in the coming months, which would suck) or should I hold off until I get my 5's done and subsequently, my promotion (could happen as early as mid-April). The promotion means more money in the long run, not to mention the rank 'improvement' itself is a boon. I'm getting itchy, though, as I really want full-time employment in the Forces and think the Reg F is the best way for me to go.
Think long-term.  That's my advice.  As for getting itchy, just put some Calamine lotion on it ;D

Celticgirl said:

It really helps to get courses under your belt in the ResF first. If you get your QL5, you won't have to wait to get merit listed in the RegF to get the course. If you don't financially need to transfer, hold off and apply a month or 2 before your QL5 course, or once you're loaded. That way you get the course, and can transfer right afterwards.

PuckChaser said:
It really helps to get courses under your belt in the ResF first. If you get your QL5, you won't have to wait to get merit listed in the RegF to get the course. If you don't financially need to transfer, hold off and apply a month or 2 before your QL5 course, or once you're loaded. That way you get the course, and can transfer right afterwards.

However, with intake restricted into the Reg F now and for the near term, there is no guarantee of when you'll be able to make the leap.  Starting the process now gets you on the radar, should position open up; otherwise, you could be bypassed as others with their names already in the system get picked up first.

dapaterson said:
However, with intake restricted into the Reg F now and for the near term, there is no guarantee of when you'll be able to make the leap.  Starting the process now gets you on the radar, should position open up; otherwise, you could be bypassed as others with their names already in the system get picked up first.

That's true, the CM may also let you defer your COS date if you're starting a QL5 soon, its to their benefit to have you qualified already.

Celticgirl said:
Difficult to deal with in what way? The OR clerks are responsible for updating PeopleSoft with your info, so if there is incorrect and/or missing info on your MPRR, you need to let them know exactly what needs to be changed and keep sending reminders (it gets busy in an OR). Your best bet is to go see them in person with an ink-amended copy of your MPRR (i.e. write in what you need changed), be very polite and let them know you need it done a.s.a.p. for your CT.

If you are wondering how to get a copy of your MPRR without having to ask your clerks to print one off for you (a slow process on PS), you can access it yourself via your EMAA acct. If you don't have an EMAA acct yet, all you need to do is enter your service number on the website and you can create one for yourself.  Easy peasy.

What website do I use to create an EMMA account? Thanks for the good advice, and good luck with your CT if that is the route you choose to take.

Wilshire Blvd. said:
What website do I use to create an EMMA account? Thanks for the good advice, and good luck with your CT if that is the route you choose to take.

http://img-dcb-aemaa01.forces.mil.ca/emaa/engraph/login_e.asp

As a reservist, I expect Wilshire Blvd will have a hard time getting on a DWAN site. You'll probably have to deal with your reserve unit's OR to get all this situated...

acooper is correct, the link does not work for me. I will get in touch with my OR. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for all the input. Lots of food for thought. I'll think on it over the holidays and see how I feel in the New Year.

As for the reservist and EMAA, I am a bit confused. I am a reservist and have an EMAA acct. Do you not have access to a DND computer? Do you have DND email? All the reservists I work with (76 of us) have access to the DWAN and EMAA. Is it just AF mbrs that can do that? As a clerk, I advise res members of my unit to get their pay statements and MPRRs from EMAA as opposed to going to the OR every time they need or want them. I don't like to think about what (work) life would be like without EMAA. LOL

I didn't know you could get RPSR pay statements on EMAA, thought that was just a Cl C/Reg F thing.

Also, in combat arms oriented PRes units, there is less IT resources for the Cpl/Pte in the section, its their boss that has it. Not every Pte in the PRes needs a DWAN account.

What I had advised Wilshire was based on my husband's experience in the PRes in Windsor, with the Windsor Regt. He told me it was difficult to get on a DWAN computer, but the OR was easy to deal with once you understood their schedule.

Celticgirl said:
Thanks for all the input. Lots of food for thought. I'll think on it over the holidays and see how I feel in the New Year.

As for the reservist and EMAA, I am a bit confused. I am a reservist and have an EMAA acct. Do you not have access to a DND computer? Do you have DND email? All the reservists I work with (76 of us) have access to the DWAN and EMAA. Is it just AF mbrs that can do that? As a clerk, I advise res members of my unit to get their pay statements and MPRRs from EMAA as opposed to going to the OR every time they need or want them. I don't like to think about what (work) life would be like without EMAA. LOL

On my 5's and PLQ, less than half the students had DWAN accounts.

Back