• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

You are doing an OT as well? CTs don't normally need an interview unless they're being done with a change of trade.

I didn't realize until you just said that, that I am doing an OT from my current trade PRes Sig Op to Reg Force ACISS.

GrilledLincoln said:
I didn't realize until you just said that, that I am doing an OT from my current trade PRes Sig Op to Reg Force ACISS.

From what I heard(2 weeks ago) all Sig Ops, LCIS and Line are becoming ACISS(Core, CST, etc) 1 Oct 2011.  So as of last weekend you are no longer a Sig Op, but ACISS - unless the date for this new trade has been pushed to the right again.

No, we're all ACISS now. Actually, if you check EMAA under Readiness Level you'll notice every SigOp, LCIS and Lineman is now DAGed Red as we do not belong to a valid MOS. Comical considering all the heartache they've gone through so far....

You shouldn't be doing an OT, Lincoln. I'm not sure why you need the interview at CFRC, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hm from what I can see from the e-mail they sent me it's not an OT but since I'm transferring from Res to Reg during the ACISS Amalgamation I'll be doing the interview portion.  That's the only logic I can see.  Any idea on what to expect with the interview I know it's not under normal circumstances but I figure it's probably similar to the OT interview whatever that's all about.  What is the time frame for the transfer after the normal OT interview?

GrilledLincoln said:
Any idea on what to expect with the interview I know it's not under normal circumstances but I figure it's probably similar to the OT interview whatever that's all about.

Don't overthink it dude,  just go in and answer their questions, ask whatever questions you have, chat with them, etc. 

GrilledLincoln said:
What is the time frame for the transfer after the normal OT interview?

There is no timelines sit in stone,  no one can tell you that in XX amount of days after the interview you will be in Regs and on a plane or driving to your first posting(school or unit).

Thanks for the info. I was more wondering on an average time frame for most people but I suppose it's very different for every person depending on # of positions available and what not. Thanks again for the information.

Over two years waiting for a transfer with my interview in and everything.

My file manager has been changed over 8 times and I have lost track of who has it now since the last file manager in my e-mails is no longer in D Mil C.

How do I find my file/file manager?

Call the office that your old manager was in. At least you'd be in the right place, and I bet your new manager is at the same desk with the same extension unless they added a whole whack of new file managers.

Does anyone have experience with putting in a CT/OT with a future preferred transfer date? I submitted my online application on 10 Nov and I haven't received the standard automated message from D Mil C. My CClk told me to resubmit it and I did, but still nothing. I know I've read in this thread of it taking two weeks + to hear anything and it would be imprudent of me to resubmit again because there is most likely a reason for the delay, any thoughts?

Hey guys, just a question. Im a reservist, CTing to the regs. Currently deployed and butted heads with an oc and now am no longer commanding a platoon. My CT is in and gone through for 00180 (Inf). Do you know if things like this follow your file from PRes to RegF and what kind of bearing that would have on getting a platoon after completing my mech training? Thanks guys.

How can I find out which trades are aggressively recruiting?

I have a few that I'm interested in, but could be swayed either way.  Unfortunately I can't seem to get any info to that effect.

It would be great if I could be a little proactive and find another trade to get into that'll get the ball rollin' sooner than later.

Much obliged,

justmyalias said:
How can I find out which trades are aggressively recruiting?

This is from last year:
Topic: "How to tell where current job openings are?";
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/95156.0

You can also keep an eye on this thread:
Topic: "Trades OPEN / Closed ?":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/88342.0/nowap.html

Thanks for the links.

The first one is a dead thread from 07/2010 (last post), and a link on the forces website that doesn't work anymore.  I'm assuming that would have showed #'s for fresh recruits.  IE irrelevant for Res to Reg queries...no?

The other thread I'm looking through now has some more meat of course.  I've read back three+pages and it also seems to be focused on Reg OT's., not Res CT/OTs :(.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but there is a separate quota for the Res - Reg pool (D Mil C, is the only one with these stats), Reg - Reg OT (BPSO will handle this only), and CIvvy - Reg Recruiting (Recruiting Centres, Forces.ca website).  I am only interested in the highlighted one.

100 Jobs in Trade X for Year Y

50 Jobs in Trade X go to CFRC's for off the street

50 jobs in Trade X go to D Mil C for CT's and OT's

Trade X needs this many WO's, this many Sgt's, this many Mcpl's, this many Cpls and this many Pte's.

Got my CT offer this week...Reg F as of 1 Feb 12!  All of my quals were granted on the PLAR!  Very happy!  ;D

I just learned that initial/first postings for CTs are no longer entitled to a move cost/HHT/etc.  What about home purchase closing costs?  Those still covered?

Can someone comment?

justmyalias said:
I just learned that initial/first postings for CTs are no longer entitled to a move cost/HHT/etc.  What about home purchase closing costs?  Those still covered?

Can someone comment?

CBI chapter 209 section 8 appplies to non-IRP moves.  I believe that is the applicable framework for a first posting for a CT, though you should confirm that.

unit91 said:
Hey guys, just a question. Im a reservist, CTing to the regs. Currently deployed and butted heads with an oc and now am no longer commanding a platoon. My CT is in and gone through for 00180 (Inf). Do you know if things like this follow your file from PRes to RegF and what kind of bearing that would have on getting a platoon after completing my mech training? Thanks guys.

The Infantry CT Board sat last week.  It was chaired by Director Infantry, and the members were the three Regimental Colonels, and one non-aligned (Artillery) Colonel.  The last 3 PERs (if available) formed the primary basis for scoring of the files.  If you have been selected, and are offered a position on DP 1.2, you will command a platoon in the Battalion, irrespective of whether or not you did so as a Reservist.

Back