• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Comat Arms Choice

patcosgro

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for input to help guide my application to the Combat Arms.

I am 37 in good fitness, an unemployed high school teacher now working as a machine operator, I am a university graduate with BA and am Ontario College of Teachers certified.  I have a wife a three year old, and a one month old.  I would like to start a career and join basic tomorrow if I could.

I know when it comes down to it my choice of application will be just that...my own, but I like all three occupations and was wondering if anyone had input/advice, such as likelihood of being offered a job, job tasks, or other considerations I might think on.

I am applying DEO, and at the moment I am leaning toward Infantry because I think it has a bit of everything, Artillery is my second choice drawn by the communication/survellience component, and lastly Armour because I love to drive am good at it and lime the mechanical aspect.

To date, my information about job descriptions come from the Forces website and random Youtube videos.  The sites contain broad stroke impressions, and I am sure being an officer is difficult to understand until you are one.  Though I believe I have the aptitude, and I know I have the motivation and determination.

Job availability is a big thing for me as I am a middle aged family man and would love to get this career going ASAP and start learning and growing with the Forces team.

All responses welcome.  Thank you.

Good day Patcosgro,

This form is for applicants to inquire about different entry plans and occupations prior to submitting their application. Reading through your post I assume that you have already submitted an application, that being said they're numerous posts on this site regarding the combat arms trades. There are also posts regarding the processing of applications as well. Please take the time to read through the posts on this website which may answer your questions.     

Back