• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

I don't understand. If he is innocent as claimed, why should he be compelled to leave caucus? If he isn't innocent, it would have been better if Trudeau had called him out and fired him on the spot. As it is, he remains a festering sore. The liberals must either back him up and allow him to sit on the back bench until he can exonerate himself or call him out or it just won't go away
or, the semi-deposed MP knows too much and the LPC don't want him squacking. so they expel from party but take not action in regard to his seat status.

So it seems our domestic problem of foreign interference is very real and an order of magnitude worse than the hoax Trump was accused of and later cleared on. How’s that sitting with all you folks who voted for this clown while shitting endless kittens over Trump? 🪖 Has your world view shifted yet?
Who on here voted for Han Dong?

So it seems our domestic problem of foreign interference is very real and an order of magnitude worse than the hoax Trump was accused of and later cleared on. How’s that sitting with all you folks who voted for this clown while shitting endless kittens over Trump? 🪖 Has your world view shifted yet?
Exactly how does Trump figure into this?

This aged well.

Speaking in Mississauga on Monday, Trudeau suggested it was racist to question whether Han Dong, a backbench Liberal MP for Don Valley North, is loyal to Canada.

“One of the things we’ve seen unfortunately over the past years is a rise in anti-Asian racism linked to the pandemic, and concerns being arisen around people’s loyalties,” Trudeau said.

“I want to make everyone understand fully: Han Dong is an outstanding member of our team, and suggestions that he is somehow not loyal to Canada should not be entertained.
In another forum I haunt, some posters are asserting that any inquiry or investigation, as well as any public discussion, on this topic is in an of itself, racist. It's one thing to attempt to shut down debate or try to control the narrative; quite another to not objectively investigate allegations.

No.
I never voted for Trudeau and I never voted for Trump - I have dual Canadian-US Citizenship and have the ability to vote in US Presidential elections due to my having lived in the US. Trudeau and Trump are both ass-hats of the same coin -

I thinks it's a perception that the same folks on here who were relentlessly hunting trump for the Russian collusion are now hand wringing about the LPC China collision...
The whole party? Na, individuals? Sure seems that way

The whole party? Na, individuals? Sure seems that way

The fact that he’s leaving caucus is definitely a red flag as well.

I have a feeling that a lot of introspection about the future of the LPC is happening right now within their ranks about how this is all being handled.

Trump = Trudeau

Trudeau just comes in a soft feminist coating. Both use divisive rhetoric. Both are corrupt and unethical AF, and both have turned their parties into personality cults. The Trump/Russia stuff was at the very least extremely unpatriotic. The Trudeau/CCP stuff is on a whole other level of bad.

I for one am definitely NOT a Trump fan. Nor am I a Trudeau fan. Trump is a lying thief that’s barely on this side of being unhinged. Trudeau is a smarmy, holier-than-thou lover of failed leftist ideals. Having said all that, Trump was removed from office by the majority of Americans. Similarly I look forward to the day when Trudeau is removed from power, preferably by the electorate, otherwise by Parliament.

If evidence supports the allegations against Han Dong, would his offence be considered seditious? Come to think of it, when was the last time anyone in Canada was charged with sedition? And would Canada, following the Two Michaels Affair, be too terrified of charging Han Dong for fear of retribution by China?

Reactions: QV
The fact that he’s leaving caucus is definitely a red flag as well.

I have a feeling that a lot of introspection about the future of the LPC is happening right now within their ranks about how this is all being handled.

How has there not been an internal revolt in this party by now?

I don't understand. If he is innocent as claimed, why should he be compelled to leave caucus? If he isn't innocent, it would have been better if Trudeau had called him out and fired him on the spot. As it is, he remains a festering sore. The liberals must either back him up and allow him to sit on the back bench until he can exonerate himself or call him out or it just won't go away
Once the Johnson investigation exonerates him, ("things perceived differently" etc. etc.) he'll be back.

How has there not been an internal revolt in this party by now?
Because its a few days before Biden visits - circle the wagons and pretend all is well - after he leaves the knives better come out.

Back