• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

I don't watch network news very often anymore, is it actually finding traction more than just the media trying to make it happen for the LPC ?

I am not seeing much on it outside of this website on my twitter or other SM venues. Even my close friend who is a very very senior Liberal hasn't said anything about it to date.
As more and more comes out, it’s going to be harder and harder for the Liberal MPs to push back against Trudeau’s transparency.

Has this made it to this site yet?

China is an arctic power - softly, softly with balloons and buoys.

Foreign Affairs Minister Melanie Joly said in an interview on CNN Wednesday morning that China is an increasingly disruptive power.

She said Canada will work with Norad to protect North American airspace and take a strong stance on Canada’s Arctic sovereignty as more reports of foreign interference emerge.

Her comments come after the Globe and Mail newspaper reported that the Canadian military had detected Chinese monitoring buoys in the Arctic.

Almost as interesting is whose mouth the message came from - and it doesn't feel like a Trudeau approved message.

There is something rotten in the state of Denmark - or in this case the city of Toronto.

If even Butts is stepping out of line the ship of state might want to start practicing its rescue turns. I sense a man overboard call in the offing.

“We have many tools at our disposal,” Butts said, adding that while recent reports have focused on Chinese political interference, the issue is broader.

“It’s not going to get at the heart of the problem if we just pick one election cycle and one country.”

On the other hand another way to divert is to diffuse - we can't just look at China and the Liberals, it may be a systemic problem.

Has this made it to this site yet?

China is an arctic power - softly, softly with balloons and buoys.

Almost as interesting is whose mouth the message came from - and it doesn't feel like a Trudeau approved message.

Further to?

Russian and Chinese Action Group exercising in the Western Bering Sea patrol area of the USCG. They operated normally is conformity with maritime law and dispersed on completing the exercise.

For quite some time it appeared to me that Justin was cozying up too much to China. But it wasn’t until John McCallum’s comments in favour of Huawei Meng Wanzhou a few years back that I began to be quite concerned about Justin’s judgement on Sino-Canadian relations. At one point I thought that Justin was, at best, naive with regards to China. But at this point I think he now realizes that he was taken for a ride by people who are much better at international diplomacy than he is, and now he is doing his best to cover his tracks and to put as positive spin on things as possible.

For quite some time it appeared to me that Justin was cozying up too much to China. But it wasn’t until John McCallum’s comments in favour of Huawei Meng Wanzhou a few years back that I began to be quite concerned about Justin’s judgement on Sino-Canadian relations. At one point I thought that Justin was, at best, naive with regards to China. But at this point I think he now realizes that he was taken for a ride by people who are much better at international diplomacy than he is, and now he is doing his best to cover his tracks and to put as positive spin on things as possible.
Those “Team Canada” trips in the ‘90s always seemed dodgy to me. The government flying select businesses to an oppressive corporate communist state to ink business deals that didn’t amount to a whole hill of beans. McCallum was up to his neck in that.

I am not sure if you remember in 2010 when then CSIS director went public with Chinese influence operations on Canadian politicians. Normally, McCallum looks like he’s half asleep. That day he was full of piss and vinegar and sputtering with fury that how dare Fadden suggest such a thing. He wasn’t named, but the way he took offence made me think he protested too much. The only other time I had seen McCallum that indignant was when PM Harper at the time wasn’t going to go kowtow to the leadership in Beijing as soon as he became PM. The Liberals and the corporate community were furious.

Since then, it was made public that at the time McCallum became ambassador, Beijing had gifted him several trips to China over the years worth more than $40,000. So to me, it was no surprise that he was actually Beijing’s representative to Canada. Gotta hand it to Freeland for telling Trudeau either he goes or she goes.

Those “Team Canada” trips in the ‘90s always seemed dodgy to me. The government flying select businesses to an oppressive corporate communist state to ink business deals that didn’t amount to a whole hill of beans. McCallum was up to his neck in that.

I am not sure if you remember in 2010 when then CSIS director went public with Chinese influence operations on Canadian politicians. Normally, McCallum looks like he’s half asleep. That day he was full of piss and vinegar and sputtering with fury that how dare Fadden suggest such a thing. He wasn’t named, but the way he took offence made me think he protested too much. The only other time I had seen McCallum that indignant was when PM Harper at the time wasn’t going to go kowtow to the leadership in Beijing as soon as he became PM. The Liberals and the corporate community were furious.

Since then, it was made public that at the time McCallum became ambassador, Beijing had gifted him several trips to China over the years worth more than $40,000. So to me, it was no surprise that he was actually Beijing’s representative to Canada. Gotta hand it to Freeland for telling Trudeau either he goes or she goes.
I think Freeland may possibly be the only senior LPC member who has any balls to stand up to China. But even if Justin resigned and she replaced him as PM the party has been in power too long, is too complacent, and in some cases too corrupt to do much good for the country. But that’s not to say that Polievre would do a better job. We’re unfortunately in a leadership vacuum.

Three years too late. Why are they saying this now? Is the real question. Lied for 3 years. What going on now to that they tell the truth they knew from day one?
I suspect it's coming out now because China is more openly supporting Russia.

The US likely wants to be able to impose harsh sanctions on China, and that's a lot easier to do politically if you first point out that China helped kill millions with it's sloppy lab procedures while creating bio weapons. It also helps to bolster unrest in China, where they are in the midst of a COVID resurgence, and political unrest.

Part of the problem with acknowledging the lab accident scenario is that some people were really attached to the idea that it was a bioweapons lab, not a bioresearch lab. Generated a lot of heat and noise.

As long as the PRC will be opaque about the whole thing, we’ll probably never know the truth until after the revolution. But poor lab protocols look more likely to me than it appearing out of nowhere in the same city.

Well I’m sure that the PRC will be absolutely fine with that reveal.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Back