• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Change of appointment parade 1 R NFLD R

Nfld Sapper

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
ns2jan301.jpg

Incoming Regimental Sgt. Maj. Chief Warrant Officer Terry Hurley parades with members of the 1st Battalion The Royal Newfoundland Regiment during a change of appointment ceremony at the Canadian Forces Station drill hall in Pleasantville Thursday evening. He takes over from outgoing Regimental Sgt. Maj. Ken Lutz. — Photo by Keith Gosse/The Telegram

There's a name I haven't heard from my RCR's days in the 80's when Kenny was a master-jack in Duke's Coy. Good man, Kenny Lutz. What's he going to do now?

Probably still in the Battallion but in another position (I guess)

The RSM happens to be my 1st cousin who was taken over by the dark side(infantry) but I still call him family ;D

That's no biggie, aren't ALL you Newfs cousins?    :warstory:

Kat, you're in trouble now, there are Newfs around every corner.  8)

...and they're all cousins, and most of them are here in Alberta... ;D

Yes, the locals need some straightening out it seems. How is that working out?  ;D

Congradulations CWO Terry Hurley.The history of the Hurley's in the Royal Canadian Regiment and The Royal Newfoundland Regiment is being carried on.Newfoundland Regiment (the only Canadian unit) at Gallipoli and later at Beaumont Hamel where 710 of the 801 officers and men who took part in the assault were casualties. Also the Third Battle of Ypres and Cambrai, for which they were granted the title "Royal" - the only army unit to receive such a distinction during World War I.It is with our blood and determination as Newfoundlanders that make us the soldiers we are.

Back