• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF position on poor academic history.

I stand corrected to 48th's greater knowledge and yet the CF still employs me.

I'm warming the bell here, but "four bells and all is well"  ;D

@TruthSeeker No one here is really qualified to evaluate your personal story and guesstimate your chances. Hence the war that seemed to have erupted. Kincanucks is correct, the only way to find out is to apply. There's a multitude of factors that decide your overall merit score. Will having lower grades make you less competitive with someone with a higher GPA? Possibly; but then, they could also have some old charge on their criminal record. It's never the same each time.

Does it invalidate you outright? No.

TruthSeeker said:
I also thought that there may be others in my position already, perhaps even people who've applied already as well.
No one else is in the same position as you. It's highly individual hence the multitude of responses.

TruthSeeker said:
I thought that some input from that demographic would be helping during my application process. So if your input basically amounts to "just apply", then thank you, I plan on doing so.
Seems to me you were more looking for some validation on your life story. If you are nervous about your application and looking for reenforcement, the forums is a bad place for it. No one here can judge.

The only thing you can do is apply.

I was looking for either validation or invalidation of my application. I provided a more detailed academic history merely to ensure more accurate responses, but I understand your point. I'll apply and cross my fingers.

Regardless of the chatter above; You have tried something, found you didn't like it, and want to go somewhere else. Sounds like the majority of the population. As was mentioned somewhere above, just be prepared to respond to questions why your previously chosen path was not right for you.

Back