• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Issued Junk

Not to fan the "BB POS or Not" flames but we were just told our UAB weight limit was upped by 25 lbs a box...... ;D

Kat... last time I touched a C7 was last fall.... and there wasn't any door stop crammed into my C7

- is this a little something that's been added to the C7A2 or are all C7s getting/gotten em?

Its a small rubber wedge in the C7A2 and C8 FTHB that stops the weapon from rattling by making the top and lower recievers fit tighter. Unfortunatly it also makes the weapon nearly impossible to close after assembly or cleaning.

Ahhh.... I see said the blind man to the deaf mute!  :D

I'd post a picture but the Queen and I dont see eye to eye on me bringing my C8 home.  ;D

That's ok sig..... I know exactly where I'd put a wedge.... 

Beadwindow 7 said:
Oh WOW, the C-7 Butt-plug. Totally forgot about that. What a PITA. Not too bad though, because in my rifles, for some reason, they just seem to "fall"out. Kind of like the secondary fuel filter on an LS.

Ah... yours too fell out on the highway?  ;)

I have the one out of my rifle somewhere in my locker, so if I remember I will take a picture of it.

The "Accuwedge"

http://www.fulton-armory.com/AccuWedge.html

I think we have a foolproof way of paying for the next upgrade to this site. We will buy the kit for what the troops think it's worth, and then sell it for what DLR thinks it's worth.

so if they sell for $4.95 USD (4.96 CDN 16feb 3008 1813hZ just because we are slightly down today) each, how much did DLR pay per unit?  my guess would be around the $20.00 mark  ::)

mover1 said:
Gramps Good to see you back covering my butt.
The new BB is a POS... but you people can't see it just  yet.

C-17 loadie course is going great.
AS for the grade 8 WO.  Mr **** you don't have to worry you still have a warm place in my heart.
oh yeah the new barracks box is garbage!!

Maybe the new BB is not a POS and you just haven't let it grow on you.  Change is hard sometimes.  I still haven't found those metal corners - Royal?

How about adding the Warrior badges to the list of Junk?  or those entrenching tolls, tiny, collapsible, dull?

Everything that I was issued in Jan.58 was, compared with today's
standards,JUNK.Particularly the CMP 1300 hundredweight truck
that I became the part owner of in 1Fd.Wksp,2 days from Calgary
to Wainwright.However my predecessor's fought their way across
Europe using the same kit.
The Green era bought some improvement although I still do not
understand why we had to copy the Americans and issue a business
suit with brass buttons,instead of something along the lines of an
upgrade of the battledress.The Garrison dress I took as a personal
insult to soldiers by our political masters.The first person I saw wearing
it was Gen.Dextrase, only his rank showing,not even a name tag,he was
also wearing the ball cap.I suppose he considered himself to be a 
role model he was after all a very close friend of said politicians but he
had the opposite effect on me I almost put in for my release.
As for the rest of the combat gear I would agree with GEO my only
addition would be the winter combat pants,I believe they were
rubberized,20 steps and you started sweating, stop and the sweat
began to freeze,obvious designed by geniuses.
                                              Regards

wearing the ball cap.
I

Skip__ said:
The "Accuwedge"

http://www.fulton-armory.com/AccuWedge.html

Great, now you've got me trembling in fear all over again. God help us if they attack when we have to stip and assemble the thing at night for some reason. Note to self- must.... keep.... bayonet.... handy

I actually bought an accuwedge for my AR-15 in Duluth, Minnesota, in 1988.  When I saw them on C7s, I laughed.  The accuwedge might cure a bit of slop in an AR caused by banging the upper receiver almost closed onto an inserted take-down pin, but putting them in new, tight (relatively) C7s only created more damage by having people lean on the rifle or scope to close it.

Every time I find one, I take it out. 

How about the Milverado pickups...I remember the day our unit got our two dropped off myself, my Pl. WO and the OC went for a drive down what I would call a cottage road (Sand Dam road in the North Bay area). Pulled into a cottage area to switch drivers and noticed that the headlights had fallen out and were hanging by the wires.

Or the random electrical problems, dash lighting up all the idiot lights at random, losing all your lights at once...solid piece of kit that....surprised they didn't make it in CADPAT as well :eek:

Devlin said:
How about the Milverado pickups...I remember the day our unit got our two dropped off myself, my Pl. WO and the OC went for a drive down what I would call a cottage road (Sand Dam road in the North Bay area). Pulled into a cottage area to switch drivers and noticed that the headlights had fallen out and were hanging by the wires.

Or the random electrical problems, dash lighting up all the idiot lights at random, losing all your lights at once...solid piece of kit that....surprised they didn't make it in CADPAT as well :eek:

- That's what we get for not buying "Made in Canada"!

:D

Back