• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Numbers are just numbers. You can’t interpret the numbers to your liking and call the interpretation ’facts’. You seem to downplay, even ignore the cyclic variation of un-administered doses. As others have pointed out, your analysis conveniently ignores scales and geographic dispersion of Ontario’s population. You seem to not have an issue with proportionately far worse performance, for example, by Nunavut, N.W.T. and Yukon.

Indeed, carry on with you opined, conditional statistical interpretations of how badly Ontario is doing, while you blithely ignore your very own words many pages ago critiquing others to give the Feds until September to judge their performance. Nice.

Everyone can have their opinions, but facts are facts.
When it comes to party politics on here, I try to keep the advice from one of our wise and learned members in mind,

"They don't care about the data because it doesn't address their issues, their feelings."

Numbers are just numbers.

True.
You can’t interpret the numbers to your liking and call the interpretation ’facts’. You seem to downplay, even ignore the cyclic variation of un-administered doses. As others have pointed out, your analysis conveniently ignores scales and geographic dispersion of Ontario’s population.
what challenges are specific to Ontario that other provinces are not facing?

in terms of absolute numbers there are still more people outside ontario than inside it, and by every measurable metric, the rest of Canada is outperforming Ontario.
You seem to not have an issue with proportionately far worse performance, for example, by Nunavut, N.W.T. and Yukon.
The territories have massive infrastructure and logistical issues that are specific to them.

what issues does Ontario have that Quebec doesn't, the western provinces don't, BC doesn't?
Indeed, carry on with you opined, conditional statistical interpretations of how badly Ontario is doing, while you blithely ignore your very own words many pages ago critiquing others to give the Feds until September to judge their performance. Nice.
I compare oranges to oranges, apples to apples.

Other countries are much harder to compare against as they each have circumstances that other countries may not.

Provinces though? Much easier to compare. And the comparisons are not favorable to ontario. And I called this a month ago.

When it comes to party politics on here, I try to keep the advice from one of our wise and learned members in mind,
Data>feelings all day, every day.

If that hurts some feelings, that's their problem, not mine.

OK. So you have an answer to all criticism. Good on you.

Invariably, one of us is going to be proved right in our opinions/facts/thinking, likely in 2022 when some rigorous after-action is applied to the issue.

I will, as per a previous post, either emphatically support your considerations, or roundly condemn them as fatuous.

True.

what challenges are specific to Ontario that other provinces are not facing?

in terms of absolute numbers there are still more people outside ontario than inside it, and by every measurable metric, the rest of Canada is outperforming Ontario.
‘Every measurable metric’?

Well, other than % administered, where, using the very data you provided several pages earlier, the following provinces and territories had WORSE administration rate than Ontario:

• British Columbia
  • Manitoba
  • Nova Scotia
  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland and Labrador
  • North West Territories
  • Yukon Territories
  • Nunavut

See your screen capture from earlier.
209E845D-DDB6-4977-8E20-5EE68558DB63.png

And the comparisons are not favorable to ontario. And I called this a month ago.
YOUR comparisons aren’t favourable to Ontario (NB. provinces are capitalized, BTW. Proper nouns, they call them).

Others may consider the relative figures indicate Ontario isn’t by any stretch the ‘worse’ performing jurisdiction when it comes to vaccine administration.

I know that. But, sometimes it's easier to just play ball.
Except it isn't?

Data points towards Ontario not having a supply issue despite the premier saying there is one. One can either agree or disagree from that standpoint based on the data at hand.

I feel like ontario doesn't have a supply issue. How does one have a conversation based on a feeling? Okay, I feel you're wrong?

‘Every measurable metric’?
Valid point.
Well, other than % administered, where, using the very data you provided several pages earlier, the following provinces and territories had WORSE administration rate than Ontario:

• British Columbia
  • Manitoba
  • Nova Scotia
  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland and Labrador
  • North West Territories
  • Yukon Territories
  • Nunavut
And you know what? You're right. They are not the worst. But they are definitely not amongst the best, and yet those doing better than ontario are not complaining about a supply issue. Which says it's not a supply issue.
See your screen capture from earlier.
View attachment 64813

YOUR comparisons aren’t favourable to Ontario (NB. provinces are capitalized, BTW. Proper nouns, they call them).

Others may consider the relative figures indicate Ontario isn’t by any stretch the ‘worse’ performing jurisdiction when it comes to vaccine administration.
They are not. But for the provincial government of Ontario to try and blame the Feds for the issues they are having distributing vaccines is disingenuous at best and flat out lying at worst.

As the data shows, and has shown since mid February, there have been no supply issues in Ontario.

Valid point.

And you know what? You're right. They are not the worst. But they are definitely not amongst the best, and yet those doing better than ontario are not complaining about a supply issue. Which says it's not a supply issue.

They are not. But for the provincial government of Ontario to try and blame the Feds for the issues they are having distributing vaccines is disingenuous at best and flat out lying at worst.

As the data shows, and has shown since mid February, there have been no supply issues in Ontario.
OK. We will discuss things based on our dissension with previous disagreements ,July 2021 vaccine collection .

And despite everyone hating on the AZ vaccine, we are getting another 300k* next week, our first shipment from the COVAX program.

*Same vaccine the UK is using so much of and Europe put export controls on.

Back