• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

At the time, the people in power censored or cancelled some of the smartest people in the world. How do you come back from that?

We've done it before.... mind you it took 500 years.

I really think that people cannot admit when they are wrong or were mistaken. When the evidence changes one should be able to adjust to that new evidence.

Related -

A Treasury official lays it out: “If businesses are seeing revenues collapsing it suggests people are actually complying and not going into restaurants/shops/etc ... so how much additional benefit does ‘locking down’ actually get you?”

It wasn’t just a hunch. Data were then shared with the WhatsApp group showing that 54 per cent of the public were socially distancing and 56 per cent no longer attending social gatherings. So Brits were being sensible, hunkering down. But this, it seems, was secret. “Just for us all to see,” they were told. Still the WhatsApp group was behaving as it should: a genuine exchange of views, in a complex and fast-moving environment. Then, lockdown happened. Fast forward a few months and it was becoming embarrassingly hard to prove a link between lockdown and controlling the virus. Sweden was doing pretty well, in spite of having kept schools, pubs and restaurants open. Rather than ask what there was to learn, Hancock became enraged by what he called the “f-----g Sweden argument” and wanted it quashed. “Supply three or four bullet [points] of why Sweden is wrong,” he asked of his aides. Not whether it was wrong: why it was wrong.

Minister of Health and his acolytes - shutting down informed debate.

There are signs of Boris Johnson growing alarmed at the lockdown machismo of his advisers. To Hancock’s horror, he ended up taking advice from two academics, Raghib Ali and Carl Heneghan, who spotted that the graphs used to sell the second lockdown to the public were based on out-of-date data. “If this illustrates anything,” Johnson says, “it is that red teams can work, but need to be formally established.”

He was right. An effective “red team” was the missing element in Britain’s pandemic response: a unit of experts to identify and flag up flaws in the government’s argument. This was the only way of getting through what had become, by then, a powerful clique of pro-lockdown ministers and officials out to rubbish minority reports. If decisions are made in secret with the Cabinet left in the dark and the opposition having abandoned its post, there is no one to scrutinise. The whole democratic apparatus was suspended. So nothing to stop big mistakes from becoming bigger.

Boris's problem, strangely enough, my read. is that he comes across as being TOO reasonable - that is to say - too willing to change his mind as new evidence was presented. A fatal error in a leader when the herd wants certainty.

5?? Hmmmm.....and I guess they themselves decided they were "more correct"? Or is that now official??

Human race is still here, some may have their itty-bitty feelings hurt, but onward we go.....

PS.

OMG!! Negative wiki entries??? The horror.

5?? Hmmmm.....and I guess they themselves decided they were "more correct"? Or is that now official??

Human race is still here, some may have their itty-bitty feelings hurt, but onward we go.....

PS.

OMG!! Negative wiki entries??? The horror.
Yeah, still here.....minus a million people plus who aren't. Many who may have still been here if alternate treatment, put forward by experts hadn't been demonized and censored. Along with their supporters. How many experts have you got backing your claims? How about listing them the same way? I'll let you start with experts like Fauchi, Tam and trudeau, even though those three were responsible for most of the lies and ever changing, self serving narratives we were fed. Masks on, masks off, double them up, take them off........... One shot will do it, well maybe two, OK you need a booster. Darn, one more. Oh wait, another one, but only every 6 months. Sorry about your myocarditis and a 100 other side effects we tried to keep hidden that killed people. And in the end, you're still infectious and the vaccines weren't effective in getting rid of it, but hey the billions we charged alleviate the guilt.

You know, real experts.

So far as itsy bitsy feeling being hurt many of us that did nothing to follow the drones, are as healthy as we were 3 years ago. We laugh at the contortions and hoops people like you jumped through listening to your 'experts.'

Meanwhile, this is us coming out of covid

Last edited:
Yeah, still here.....minus a million people plus who aren't.
And it could have been 50 million + if we did nothing......know what?,.......we'll never know, so you can wallow in your "everyone sucked" or just be glad we're all here posting shit.

I'm glad I'm here posting shit.......

Yeah, still here.....minus a million people plus who aren't. Many who may have still been here if alternate treatment, put forward by experts hadn't been demonized and censored.
Hey when me and my family got COVID recently, it really sucked. Could you elaborate on some of these alternative treatments? I'd like to know what's available to me so it doesn't suck as bad next time.

Hey when me and my family got COVID recently, it really sucked. Could you elaborate on some of these alternative treatments? I'd like to know what's available to me so it doesn't suck as bad next time.
Attached from the CDC (about halfway down). No clue about drug availability in Canada. I know a couple of people who have had it twice and they said the second go-round was much milder.

Edit - this from GofC:

Sorry to hear that.
I’ve gotten COVID once (that I know of). Had a headache and very tired for a day. That was it. I must be one miserable POS that even a virus doesn’t want to hang around.

And it could have been 50 million + if we did nothing......know what?,.......we'll never know, so you can wallow in your "everyone sucked" or just be glad we're all here posting shit.

I'm glad I'm here posting shit.......
Man, you're great at putting words in people's mouths. But you're right, we'll likely never know. In which case, you can stop taking swipes at people that didn't fall in line with you or tow trudeau's line.

To suggest "it could have been 50 million +" if we did nothing is about as unrealistic as one could get. Surely with hindsight you can see that, but even at the height of the pandemic it was obvious that old people with several serious health problems were really the only people "at risk" of serious outcomes. This is exactly the same demographic that is at risk of serious outcomes from the flu. Recall, miraculously the flu was eradicated for a year or two during C19 and no one died from it - isn't that big news!?

Another hilarious outcome; look at how the characterization of the C19 vaccine has evolved over time. It went from the only thing that can save humanity to not very effective with potential safety issues. Sure as shit, all of a sudden natural immunity is once again recognized (during the pandemic natural immunity was brought into disrepute).

Why not just shut up and drink the koolaide? Maybe I was just born crazy. Or maybe it's the extended use of mefloquine I was ordered to take which has affected my brain.

It definitely has caused you to just make stuff up out of thin air, and then run run run with it.

Just about everything that was a right wing conspiracy theory WRT Covid 19 is now becoming or is factual. Masks, vaccinations, comorbidities, the vulnerable demographic, the amount personal fitness has to play, lockdowns, ect ect ect.

I get that political slant and the past demonization that's gone on makes that a difficult pill to swallow. But its the truth.

We've been played. I said earlier in this thread. What I found astounding is that people (mostly on the left; which is most shocking) flocked to support big government and pharma. Neither of these groups should be trusted. One is interested in control and their preservation over yours, and the other has been proven time and time again to kill and maim people in name of record profits.

We probably have diametrically opposing views on this, and that's ok. But in the future, lets let us each govern ourselves as we see fit, instead of dictating.

We probably have diametrically opposing views on this, and that's ok. But in the future, lets let us each govern ourselves as we see fit, instead of dictating.

I'd be okay with another month off sheltering in place to preserve the force....

• Humorous
Reactions: QV
Not much point worrying about COVID if people won't reciprocate by worrying about all the other health problems facing Canadians that we can't find money for because people are clinging to all the other new spending programs introduced by government in the past few years. We've known about the likely health demand due to demographic profiles for decades; obviously everyone has known about the actual demand since Paul Martin's "health care fix for a generation". I know people fret about getting COVID and "long COVID" and demand measures be taken; let's be universally compassionate and demand measures be taken on behalf of people requiring diagnosis and treatment for life-threatening conditions (days/weeks, not weeks/months), or suffering in pain and discomfort for months on waiting lists. Otherwise, let's not bother with any more selfish special pleading for COVID risks.

Just about everything that was a right wing conspiracy theory WRT Covid 19 is now becoming or is factual. Masks, vaccinations, comorbidities, the vulnerable demographic, the amount personal fitness has to play, lockdowns, ect ect ect.
I'm extremely right wing and I think nothing you just mentioned is now "factual"....you just made that line up. Saying what you just said is as dumb as "the science is settled". Also untrue....

Yea, why bother with that democratically elected Govt and kife like that? Let's just kill and steal what we each decide we need....

I'm extremely right wing and I think nothing you just mentioned is now "factual"....you just made that line up. Saying what you just said is as dumb as "the science is settled". Also untrue....

I am not going to do your googling, but there is a ton of information now coming out that's pointing out that our response to COVID was way overboard. Lockdowns weren't necessary and did more damage than help, the masks have no effect, the vaccinations aren't as good as natural immunity and did nothing to stop the spread; and may be causing other health related issues, comorbidities were the biggest influence, and the elderly had the most to be concerned about.

Its all out there for you to read. Help yourself.

Yea, why bother with that democratically elected Govt and kife like that? Let's just kill and steal what we each decide we need....

Why are you so extreme in your responses ? Obviously were on the topic of COVID and the response and you blow your top and move it into killing and stealing. Hyperbolic much ?

I'm talking about giving the people the information and letting them make up their minds on how to operate.

Back