• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAUTION- Windbag Alert!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parrish has maneuvered her way into potentially holding the balance of power. Some idiot.

And personally I think its bullshit when it comes to the point of trying "not to offend the US". We a sovereign nation entitled to our own destiny. If the Americans are wrong, then we shouldn't shie away from letting them know it for fear of retribution.(Kyoto, World Court etc).

Agreed, let them know when we think they're wrong, however a little decorum from our elected officials would be a nice thing.  I said it before earlier in the thread if you substituted the word "American" in her outbursts with...say
Jew/Chinese/Negro/ etc, these same people who are jumping around to pat her on the back would be ranting off at the mouth. I, for one, don't see why it is OK for them to be a target when the others are not.

Fast Eddy were were you the past few years, when members of the US senate where calling Canadians Wimps, and F-ing cowards etc over not wanting to support the Iraq BS.  I remember even a Magazine cover showing mounties saying "wimps" right accross the top.

I'd love to provide names of who said what, but I care not to spend my night trying to dig up old news articles that everyone in Canada read allready.  But trust me it happened.

Cheers!
P.

So were supposed to degenerate to school yard namecalling? I still EXPECT my elected reps to perform with a high standard of civility and decorum. I know they don't though, kinda like asking a pig to wear a tux and look good. ::)

Guys,

She didn't get booted out of caucus because she said things about Bush and Americans. She got booted out because she said things about Martin and his machine.

I don't think anyone opposes her right to say anything. I think the problem is how she says it. I personally think she is something I stepped in while cleaning up after my Labrador retriever, however she does have the right to say and think what she does.

There is nothing wrong with being critical about issues. I would like to see a genuine discussion about missile defence and Canada's place in the world. I have a "lefty" friend at work and we have enjoyable talks about policy. Last week I asked him "What was wrong with the concept of missile defence- let not talk about technology, because neither one of us knows anything about it- instead let discuss why participating in this is a bad thing" Because we were being honest about the discussion the buzz words "weaponization of Space", "Star Wars" etc didn't come up. It was a good discussion- devoid of the rhetoric.

I noticed that Martin is now trying to build a new organization of "Middle powers" and have them rally behind a concept of "Responsibility to Act." In a somewhat related matter, my wife and I hired a handyman to install a new storm door this past weekend. I said to my wife, "See Honey, I could do that if I had all the tools."  ::)

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2005/10/13/1260849-cp.html
Parrish won't seek re-election

TORONTO (CP) - Outspoken MP Carolyn Parrish won't run in the next federal election either as a Liberal or an Independent, telling her constituents that it's time for her to leave Ottawa.
"In all careers there comes a logical time to move on - to make room for others who also have a strong desire to serve," she wrote in a letter mailed Friday to the 3,500 residents of her Mississauga, Ont., riding, west of Toronto.
"For me that time will coincide with the next federal election in which I will not be running."

Parrish, who declined to be interviewed, said she hopes Prime Minister Paul Martin and the Liberal party allow her constituents "to freely choose their next Liberal candidate without the political interference so many of us endured in the lead-up to the last election."
Parrish, first elected in 1993, was expelled from the Liberal caucus last December following critical remarks about Martin and for stomping on a doll of U.S President George W. Bush to protest his ballistic missile defence scheme.

Parrish then threw her support behind the government in the razor-thin May 19 confidence vote, helping to keep the Liberals at the helm.
This led to speculation Parrish might be welcomed back into the Liberal fold, but that notion was stifled in late July.

Martin aide Marc Roy said the prime minister was "not even entertaining the thought" of welcoming Parrish back to the caucus.

Pugnacious said:
Fast Eddy were were you the past few years, when members of the US senate where calling Canadians Wimps, and F-ing cowards etc over not wanting to support the Iraq BS.   I remember even a Magazine cover showing mounties saying "wimps" right accross the top.

I'd love to provide names of who said what, but I care not to spend my night trying to dig up old news articles that everyone in Canada read allready.   But trust me it happened.

Cheers!
P.

I'd love to, but the last time I heard that (trust me) it was from a Used Car Salesman, whoops ! or was it from my Liberal Candidate for LaSalle Paul Martin.

Cheers.

Do you ever wonder why Paul Martin Jr doesn't run in the riding he was born in? Or the riding his own dad held absolutley solidly for so many years? Cause he's no more from Windsor than Che Guevara is from Cuba. He's a poser and a charlatan.

I don't think Che was a Charlatan, he was Argentinian.

I don't even think he visited Prince Edward Island, let alone Charlatan.

jeez, Windsor natives.....

dileas

tess

Well, for now, she has officially become a has been. No more influence or control. The waste of bandwith kicking her when she's down (whether she deserves it or not) is not warranted. If you have something concrete to add, get a Mod to reopen the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back