• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAUTION- Windbag Alert!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gents, I believe that it was a foregone conclusion.
1106.gif

Slim

Caesar said:
Next stop for Parrish? Unkown obscurity, followed by defeat on re-election.
Good ridance. That'll learn ya.

Presuming she runs as a independent (and hopefully looses), is she entitled to a pension of any sort for past service as a MP.? If so how much ?

"â Å“And if he wants to know why he can't control me, I have absolutely no loyalty to this team â ” none,â ? she said in an interview with The Canadian Press on Wednesday. â Å“After what they've put me through and lots of my colleagues, they can all go to hell. But he's not going to control me, so all he's going to do is end up looking weak.â ?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20041118.wxparri1119/BNStory/Front/

For the life of me I cannot quite figure out why the PM got rid of her...Can anyone else? ::)

Slim
One for Canada :salute: :cdn:

Look at a picture of this miserable shrew. A picture of her is worth a thousand words.

good riddance. :threat:

Notice that nobody fired anyone in the US Governement that said MUCH worse about our country the past few years.

Sure she went over the top, but then again feel sorry for Paul Martin, as having that kind of 'cold sore' makes it that much harder to kiss US A$$.  LOL!  ;D
Glad she is gone... one less Liberal.

Cheers!
P.

Pugnacious
I always say we kiss alil too much American ass. Now look, their screwing us on Hardwood, Beef, etc. I remember when we stood up to the US. Our dollar was 1.25$, our trade was only 40%.

Recce41 said:
I remember when we stood up to the US. Our dollar was 1.25$, our trade was only 40%.

More accurately, that was when we started to "stand up" to them (I would have used a different phrase myself).

I think that was when we belonged to another perfectly good trading alliance - the Commonwealth.  The alliance is still there. We're still a member.  But preferential trading relations seem to have gone by the wayside.

Recce41 said:
Pugnacious
I always say we kiss alil too much American ***. Now look, their screwing us on Hardwood, Beef, etc. I remember when we stood up to the US. Our dollar was 1.25$, our trade was only 40%.

This was pre-Trudeau and his Degaullist tendencies, yes?

Matthew.    ;D

P.S.   The way you avoid all this Congressional BS over trade issues is you suck up your ego and play by their rules.   You set a budget and hire a professional lobby team (like just about every other country in the world).   Right now we've surrendered the field to entrenched interests in the USA because we're too arrogant to accept that's how things work down there, and because of it we're getting hammered at every point of contention.   Bottom Line:   The Liberal Government has screwed the pooch in its relations with both the Administration and Congress and need to pro-actively do things to fix it, otherwise we will continue to lose every single trade dispute that arises....

otherwise we will continue to lose every single trade dispute that arises....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the other way around?

Soft-wood lumber: Canada won (US still contesting, but they're losing legs to stand on)
Salmon: Canada won
Greenhouse Tomatos: Canada won

I know we still have the mad cow fiasco, but it's not really a trade dispute, more of an excuse based on health and safety, pepetuated by US cattle lobbyists.

Caesar said:
otherwise we will continue to lose every single trade dispute that arises....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the other way around?

Soft-wood lumber: Canada won (US still contesting, but they're losing legs to stand on)
Salmon: Canada won
Greenhouse Tomatos: Canada won

I know we still have the mad cow fiasco, but it's not really a trade dispute, more of an excuse based on health and safety, pepetuated by US cattle lobbyists.

We're winning WTO and NAFTA panel decisions which means "we're right and they're frivolously persecuting our industries."

But just because we're right and winning those judgements doesn't mean dick because the appeals process is so long that the damage can be done before any enforcement clauses kick in.

The latest example is softwood.   We won the NAFTA panel decision.   That was supposed to be it.   US Congress appealled it again (because they are getting huge lobby $$$ from US producers) which will once again stall any resolution and keep the existing duties in place. Importantly, the decisions do not necessitate that judgements be retroactive. As such, duties collected and held in trust by the US government do not necessarily have to be returned.   Worse is that due to those same lobby $$$, Congress has also just introduced a bill that would allow the US Government give those collected duties to the US producers.

Bottom Line:   We may be winning decisions, but it doesn't mean anything in the real world.   We've got to start playing hardball the way it is played in Washington and if that means going against our idealistic sensibilities, then so be it.

Matthew.   :salute:

Remember anti-Americanism is still alive and well in the Liberal Party. Carolyn Parrish wasn't kicked out for her offensive anti-Americanism, but for being publicly disloyal to Paul Martin. What practical effect this will have on our policies, how President Bush is treated during his State Visit and so on remains to be seen, but the Liberals believe anti-Americanism gains votes, and so keep to it.

As an aside, if the US really does get P/O'd by all this, we would lose about 10% of our economy right away (the companies and subsidiaries the US directly owns in Canada), and as the 80% of our exports get stopped at the border, well, you can imagine the rest. This will even play very well in domestic US politics; whipping those uppity Cannucks, "getting back" thousands of outsourced jobs, eliminating competition for domestic industries across the States...there is no down side for the Americans. People are playing with fire at all our peril.

Yah come live in a Westcoast Logging town like I do, and you will see the neg' effects of the US on our softwood...etc.
It's  Hard living next to PAX Americana with a weak leader...it would be nice if we had one to tell them to pi$$ off once in a while. ;D
It's like the Westcoast is becoming a bedroom community for another country.

Cheers!
P.

If you think things are bad now, P, while the Americans mostly choose to ignore us, just think what will happen if they decide to actively oppose us. We can disagree with a lot of what America does or is doing, but that does not make us weak or strong. Spouting off about "bastards", "morons" and "idiots" IS weak, and acting like whiney, petty three year olds on the world stage is only going to get us ignored or held in contempt.

For those of you militants advocating that we "teach those Yankees a lesson", you can yak about it here:

http://army.ca/forums/threads/22628.0.html

Just imagine what kind of demonstration/riot will be in Ottawa when Mr. Bush makes his visit! I can bet you that'll be on TV!!!

I'm sure he'll feel one hell'ova warm welcome from Canada and the US citizens living in Canada at the moment...

;D

CP got fire..Yeah..CP got fire..Yeah..right on...go Martin..CP got fire..Yeah..CP got fire..Yeah..right on...go Martin..CP got fire..Yeah..CP got fire..Yeah..right on...go Martin..

Pugnacious said:
Notice that nobody fired anyone in the US Governement that said MUCH worse about our country the past few years.

I presum you can enlighten us with the 'WHO , WHAT and WHEN' that was said.

Sure makes it that much harder to kiss US A$$.

This remark seems no better or worse than hers.

Cheers!
P.

Just imagine what kind of demonstration/riot will be in Ottawa when Mr. Bush makes his visit! I can bet you that'll be on TV!!!

I'm sure he'll feel one hell'ova warm welcome from Canada and the US citizens living in Canada at the moment...

Well, here's hoping the Ottawa/Carelton police have plenty of mace and water cannons, and have had the chance to beat some home-grown "protestors" as a nice warmup. And here's hoping some dipshit tries to take a shot at Bush or, even more stupidly, try to pie him. I want to watch the Secret Service guys in action with their pieces. They're supposed to be pretty good shots.

We do have a playing card. Our power from Churchill Falls. Also, our water, we could tax the Alaskia pipe line. We supply them with a lot of stuff they require.
It was Not Trudeau it was old Brian M that started to screw us. He still is very good friend with the Bushs. We as Canadians don't understand that we exported 50% to the old world until the 80s. Now 70% to the US 15% to Europe and 15% Asia. it costs the same to ship to there by sea as to the US by truck.
REMEMBER TRUE NORTH STRONG and FREE. :evil: :tank:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back