• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAP Syllabus - 2008?

Rigs

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all - before anyone jumps at me I did a search for previous posts BUT I understand the CAP course is undergoing a major overhaul.

I am looking to see what the new mods will look like - if anyone has a sneak peek...?

I am trying to organize my summer IT schedule and this would be a HUGE help.

CAP is doing a major overhaul? That is news to me if it is true. If so, I would also be interested in a sneak peak of the changes.

CSS

The 'new' CAP hasn't really changed all that much from what I've heard about the old.  I just returned from CAP this past Friday so here's my low down on the current configuration of mods.

The mods are all still tought in 2 week blocks.

Mod 1 - basic indoc briefings in week 1 with some instruction on Navigation using GPS (Dagger), and Comms Procedures on the 522's
          - Week 2 was the Nav ex.  Just an easy week in the field wandering around the training area.   

Mod 2 - Small arms and ranges.  Week 1 was the theory portion learning about the 9mm, C9 and frag grenades.  Also did prep and
            writing of range orders.  Nothing but approx 25 pages of hand written happiness there...
        - 2nd week was ruck marches to and from the range each day (approx 3-6km depending on the route - nothing difficult) and then
            conducting our ranges as RSO.

Mod 3 - Section attacks and Defensive Operations.  Week 1 was theory, week 2 was the field.  Excellent field time in the trenches.  We
            actually managed to get 6 hours of sleep for the week.  From what I hear, this is alot...haha.

Mod 4 - Patrols - for our course it was 3 days of theory (we had the holiday Monday off), and then an 8 day field ex.  First day was
            Urban Ops (UO), last two days were work-ups and the conduct of the 'Coy' level attack with life fire overhead.  Pretty
            excellent. 

Mod 5 - in garrison for the whole mod.  Theory on teaching principles and then we did practicals on how to teach PT, a skill lesson, and
            a knowledge lesson.  Pretty much the same as is/was done on BOTP...

There it is - the 'new' CAP. 

Other than that, enjoy living in Tent City!  The lower level will soon be completed and from the looks of things there will be 60 more mod tents give or take. 

To be honest, other than the bugs (which were only bad through the end of May and beginning of June), living in the tents was pretty good.  Nothing to really clean for inspections so all you did was a quick sweep in the morning.  The dining mess is 1.2km away so that is a bit shi%ty for heading to meals - but our evenings weren't taken up mopping floors or dusting so that was an acceptable trade off in my opinion. 

All the best to the remaining courses there now, and good luck to those who follow. 

SNJ

SweetNavyJustice said:
The 'new' CAP hasn't really changed all that much from what I've heard about the old.  I just returned from CAP this past Friday so here's my low down on the current configuration of mods.

The mods are all still tought in 2 week blocks.

Mod 1 - basic indoc briefings in week 1 with some instruction on Navigation using GPS (Dagger), and Comms Procedures on the 522's
          - Week 2 was the Nav ex.  Just an easy week in the field wandering around the training area.     

Mod 2 - Small arms and ranges.  Week 1 was the theory portion learning about the 9mm, C9 and frag grenades.  Also did prep and
             writing of range orders.  Nothing but approx 25 pages of hand written happiness there...
         - 2nd week was ruck marches to and from the range each day (approx 3-6km depending on the route - nothing difficult) and then
            conducting our ranges as RSO.

Mod 3 - Section attacks and Defensive Operations.  Week 1 was theory, week 2 was the field.  Excellent field time in the trenches.  We
            actually managed to get 6 hours of sleep for the week.  From what I hear, this is alot...haha.

Mod 4 - Patrols - for our course it was 3 days of theory (we had the holiday Monday off), and then an 8 day field ex.  First day was
            Urban Ops (UO), last two days were work-ups and the conduct of the 'Coy' level attack with life fire overhead.  Pretty
            excellent. 

Mod 5 - in garrison for the whole mod.  Theory on teaching principles and then we did practicals on how to teach PT, a skill lesson, and
             a knowledge lesson.  Pretty much the same as is/was done on BOTP...

There it is - the 'new' CAP. 

Other than that, enjoy living in Tent City!  The lower level will soon be completed and from the looks of things there will be 60 more mod tents give or take. 

To be honest, other than the bugs (which were only bad through the end of May and beginning of June), living in the tents was pretty good.  Nothing to really clean for inspections so all you did was a quick sweep in the morning.  The dining mess is 1.2km away so that is a bit shi%ty for heading to meals - but our evenings weren't taken up mopping floors or dusting so that was an acceptable trade off in my opinion. 

All the best to the remaining courses there now, and good luck to those who follow. 

SNJ

Yeah you guys/gals leaving my ablutions building a shit pit was not on. Maybe we will do the same to your ablutions trailers.

Don't even get my started with that!  We arrived 2-3 weeks before the Eng courses and there were no problems.  Ya, I'm sure some of the courses weren't the best at cleaning up after themselves at all times, but I can tell you for a fact that I saw a number of the Eng troops cleaning kit in the showers!! 

Back