• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

Quick question about how long it will take PIL Payment to hit my bank account after it shows up on my Pay Statement?

It showed on my last pay statement, and I received an email stating: "Note: Payment will be received Mid/End Nov 13 along with your normal pay." It seems to imply that the PIL payment is synced with the regular pay. Is this true, or will it be a separate DFT?

Lesson learned (and ntoe to take for Class A reservists):  Even if you've got your "no taxes, please" letter on file, the payment will be subject to CPP and EI decutions if you haven't maxxed them out for the year.  So the amount of your deposit may be less than 100%.

Lesson learned #2: Since it looked like I wouldn't get mine until 2014, on Monday I dropped off my letter to CRA requesting a 2014 exemption as well.  Last night I was told that my payment will be the next payrun.  Therefore, if you want things to happen, engage in staff work that will be overtaken by events.

Mine showed up in the same pay as the statement it appeared on.  SPENT Already.

Hmmm... Anyone have a suggestion on how long I should wait tell I make an inquiry? And where would my inquiry start? My OR Clerk, or is the PIL team? They seem like they are probably pretty busy.

Does anyone have an idea on this? I just found out tonight that a family member has passed, and have to fly out to Alberta on short notice.

HULK_011 said:
Quick question about how long it will take PIL Payment to hit my bank account after it shows up on my Pay Statement?

It showed on my last pay statement, and I received an email stating: "Note: Payment will be received Mid/End Nov 13 along with your normal pay." It seems to imply that the PIL payment is synced with the regular pay. Is this true, or will it be a separate DFT?
If it showed on your pay statement for a Nov pay period and you received an email saying to expect it either mid or end Nov pay and it hasn't showed-up in your account yet, I think you'd be well within your rights to check with your OR clerk and/or pay office to ensure nothing has gone awry. Should be a simple question for them to answer. Don't bother the PiL team as it appears their work is done on your file.

I don't think you meant to post this here. In any case contact your immediate supervisior.

HULK_011 said:
Does anyone have an idea on this? I just found out tonight that a family member has passed, and have to fly out to Alberta on short notice.

Just pretend that the PIL didn't exist.  What would you do?

Now do it.

I sent a fax requesting info for next year, I was planning on handing in that and a copy of the Estimate of Eligible Years of Service form to my clerk.  Just to cover the bases.
May sounds about right if you look at them completing 1000ish files a week.

Submitted my paperwork on/about 20 Feb 13 for 100% payout. All Reg F (no Res time) and no broken service. Received email today that my PiL was ready for payment and should be in the bank in 7-10 business days. So, roughly 10 months to process. Merry Christmas to me.

And a new CANFORGEN for Christmas:

CANFORGEN 208/13 CMP 092/13 202033Z DEC 13
PAYMENT IN LIEU(PIL) OF CANADIAN FORCES SEVERANCE PAY(CFSP)
UNCLASSIFIED

THE TAX WAIVER FORM IS CONTAINED IN THE CFSP/REHABILITATION LEAVE ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTIVE AND MUST BE APPLIED FOR A SPECIFIC YEAR. IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE PIL PAYMENT BEFORE 31 DEC 2013, YOU WILL HAVE TO SUBMIT A NEW REQUEST TO CRA AND FORWARD THE NEW FORM TO THE PIL TEAM. IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT A NEW REQUEST, THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PIL REQUEST WILL BE DELAYED. YOU ARE REMINDED TO INCLUDE YOUR SERVICE NUMBER ON ALL DOCUMENTS. YOU CAN SEND YOUR NEW FORM DIRECTLY TO THE DMCA 4 PIL TEAM AT:(PLUS)DMCA 4 PIL TEAM(AT SIGN)CMP DMCA(AT SIGN)OTTAWA-HULL

THE DMCA 4 PIL TEAM HAS RECEIVED OVER 45 THOUSAND FILES TO AUDIT. THE AUDIT HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND PAYMENT, AUTHORIZED FOR OVER 23 THOUSAND FILES. THE TEAM IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON FILES RECEIVED 18 MAR 13. DMCA EXPECTS COMPLETION OF THE PIL OF CFSP PROJECT BY JUN 2014

THE PIL TEAM PROVIDES A BI-MONTHLY SITREP LOCATED ON THEIR WEB SITE TO FIND OUT WHAT DATE THE PIL TEAM IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON AND HOW MANY FILES HAVE BEEN PROCESSED. PLEASE VISIT HTTP://CMP-CPM.FORCES.MIL.CA/DGMC/ADMIN/PIL-PTLI/INDEX-ENG.ASP

YOUR PATIENCE IS APRECIATED

dapaterson said:
PLEASE VISIT HTTP://CMP-CPM.FORCES.MIL.CA/DGMC/ADMIN/PIL-PTLI/INDEX-ENG.ASP

It would be nice if they provided an INTERNET address. There are tons of people, retired, Reserve, etc that are entitled to know what's happening, with their accounts, but have no access to the DIN.

There also seems to be too many http://'s in that link.

Terribly worded CANFORGEN. Which tax waivers do they require resent? You needed a tax waiver for amounts paid out under $10,000, that is valid for any year. Are they changing rule now?

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-benefits/rehab-leave.page#sec-0312

I realize they are busy, but some clarity in CANFORGENs could probably reduce the volume of members calling the PiL team directly, or bugging their ORs on a constant basis.

I called the PiL team to ask about my retirement severance.

They said they would get back to me in two days.

They never did.

Got mine this last pay. 100% with Reg and Res time.

Transporter said:
Submitted my paperwork on/about 20 Feb 13 for 100% payout. All Reg F (no Res time) and no broken service. Received email today that my PiL was ready for payment and should be in the bank in 7-10 business days. So, roughly 10 months to process. Merry Christmas to me.

Since I'm no longer in the military and the husband is deployed and does not have access to a computer most of the time.  Could someone post the fax number?  With my luck I would look up the number and it would be the wrong one.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Back