• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian troops trade comfy digs to meet Afghans

Let's just say that we brought our own not so llittle piece of canada with us in the making of Julien. It's easy to forget where you are on a friday night and you walk by a mess thats packed, with music cranked, camel rides, markets and a computer gaming club(to name a few), but I strongly agree that canadians and every other nation on the ground have, and are still doing good things in and around the Kabul area. Funny how this camp wasn't too luxurious when Gen Hillier was here on 0...or was it?

Kabul isn't the safest of places, but it's come a long way. And with the amount of people going into the city everyday, while it may not be a lot in comparison to the ones who stay back in support, the numbers have turned towards the better.

I think the same thing can be done in the Kandahar area, but it won't come easy. We definetely need more boots on the ground, out and about playing the game. The question is, how far will the Canadian Govt go with this? Will we maintain our same goals once casualties begin to play a factor again? I know it's a topic no one wants to take on, but it's bound to happen down south, just a matter of time.

Back