• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Troops Surround Taliban

TN2IC said:
Waste tax payer money.... noooo....  ;D

Giv er!  :evil:

We could always call it a Psychological Warfare Training exercise to cover the costs :p

On the serious side to the troops: Thank you and I hope you guys have a peaceful and uneventful Christmas, more than any others you deserve it :salute:

old man neri said:
They also watch the news I am sure. Hell, some of them probably troll this very forum.

Thats a dam good point, because its a known fact the the Taliban use media and crap to find out stuff.  There are ways to prevent people from certain countries from singing up, something to do with there IP's.  I could find out exactly how if any admins are interested.

I got another question though.  People keep saying that they think the non extreme Taliban are going to surrender, while the fanatics will keep fighting. But how are those lesser Taliban going to surrender when they probably have fanatic commanders attached to there platoons who would shoot them if they ran?  The only way this could end is every single person in that area dead, mights as well shell the crap out of them and save Canadian casualties.

Talking about phsycological warfare though... They should string christmass lights on all the tanks and stuff, just to piss off the taliban and show how confident we are.

Adrian_888 said:
Thats a dam good point, because its a known fact the the Taliban use media and crap to find out stuff.  There are ways to prevent people from certain countries from singing up, something to do with there IP's.  I could find out exactly how if any admins are interested.

Not to sure how that would work, as I am sure they are not jsut viewing it from Afghanistan but perhaps all over the world...For all we know there are sleeper cells here in Canada viewing it...

241 said:
For all we know there are sleeper cells here in Canada viewing it...

Well they should pay double the usual subscription!

Adrian_888 said:
Talking about phsycological warfare though... They should string christmass lights on all the tanks and stuff, just to piss off the taliban and show how confident we are.

I am guessing you have never seen the nasty side of war with a comment like that.  :salute:

Adrian_888 said:

If you can find all the countries from which the Taleban operate, then CSIS may have a job for you...

hubby called us this morning, wished us a merry christmas..he was just heading on shift. Said it's quiet...that's  all he said.

Merry Christmas all!! :cdn:

I'm going to take a small tangent here.

To all the troops out on tour and in particular A Stan, Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year. Thankyou for serving, Thankyou for taking the fight to the enemy. Stay safe we are all thinking about you. :salute: :cdn:

3rd Horseman said:
I'm going to take a small tangent here.

To all the troops out on tour and in particular A Stan, Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year. Thankyou for serving, Thankyou for taking the fight to the enemy. Stay safe we are all thinking about you. :salute: :cdn:

Sounds like a worthwhile tangent to me..

Merry Christmas, troops.

Pro Patria and Godspeed.

Haggis said:
Sounds like a worthwhile tangent to me..

Merry Christmas, troops.

Pro Patria and Godspeed.

And here.  Merry Christmas and keep safe.

>It is always advisable to provide the enemy an opening or an escape route. I think I got this from Art of War or something...

A "golden bridge" doesn't have to literally be a physical escape route.  It just has to be an alternative to fighting to the death.  An offer to accept surrender prior to squeezing the bag can be a golden bridge.

So how much longer do you think there gona sit them out.  Maby im right and they are going to try and starve them out.

Adrian_888 said:
So how much longer do you think there gona sit them out.  Maby im right and they are going to try and starve them out.

Don't know.  Any speculation is bad.. any answer is OPSEC.

Back