• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Support Our Troops" Ribbons, Bracelets, Pins, etc

Many thanks to the person who posted the link to the Canex online order site.  :)
I have just finished ordering some window decals, lapel pins and a bracelet.  Will have to wait about a month for them to arrive, but it is faster than any other method I have found.
My son is two weeks into BMQ and really enjoying himself.  After spending some time as an Air Cadet (doing summers at CFB Trenton)way back in high school it is not a total suprise for him!  :salute:
A New Proud Army Mom

Does anyone know if you can buy them at the C.N.E. this year? I was thinking that with the big CF display there it would make sense.

http://www.theex.com/whatson.php?menu=01:03

From the CNE website:
It doesn't say whether you can buy them or not but you can sign yellow ribbon banners that will be sent over to the troops.

"Canadian Forces Come to Town
Fresh from operations around the world, the Canadian Forces are bringing the "Support Our Troops" campaign and a challenge to Canadians. Goal: To get 100,000 signatures on their "Yellow Ribbon" banners , that will be sent to the troops overseas. The military display is more than a football field of free and interactive fun! There's something for everyone; with boats to tanks to aircraft. The display features performances by the Navy Demonstration Team, the Army Gun Race Team and nightly concerts by the composite military band to honour those presently overseas. Come meet the men and women that make Canada proud, here at home and abroad. "

I wish I was there to sign it!

:salute:

You can order all the gear (ribbons, hats, etc) here:

http://www.cfpsa.com/en/canex/

If that link doesn't work, try the canex site itself (www.canex.ca) and you can find it through there.

Navy_Pete said:
You can order all the gear (ribbons, hats, etc) here:

http://www.cfpsa.com/en/canex/

If that link doesn't work, try the canex site itself (www.canex.ca) and you can find it through there.

Welcome to army.ca!  It is often suggested to newcomers to READ lots before posting, and in your case, definitely as that link was just posted a few replies before yours.

I did look back two pages, but didn't see it.  Maybe if I had just gone back 1 more.....

Although there still seemed to be folks not knowing where to pick them up.  I actually just found this page googling the cadpat ribbons to find a picture of them for something... so thought I would put the link there just in case someone didn't know where to get them.  My bad though. 

I went to the link posted above but got a message saying the site is only for authorised users. Anyone want to be a darling and order a couple for me? I have a perfect ebay record :D

TMM, what all are you looking to get?  I can pick them up here at the CANEX and get them out to you.  PM me if you want.

Did you try the link from reply #158?  I just tried it and no problems with it.  But my offer still stands above if you still can't get through.

You can get support our troops from any Canadian Forces Family resourse center, eather in camo or yello

TMM said:
I went to the link posted above but got a message saying the site is only for authorised users. Anyone want to be a darling and order a couple for me? I have a perfect ebay record :D

There are two “Shopping” sections to the CANEX website – there is the “Support Our Troops” section and the “What You Need” (WYN) section.

You DO NOT have to be an authorized patron shop in the “Support Our Troops” section. See http://www.canex.ca/en/canex/ and click on the logo "Support our Troops Get Your Merchandise Right Here". It will bring you to a list of available merchandise that is for sale to the general public.

You DO have to be an authorized patron to shop in the “What You Need” (WYN) section. See http://www.cfpsa.com/wyn/. “What you Need” WYN provides online shopping  for deployed troops. Merchandise can be deliveried to you in theatre, or as gifts to your family back home. WYN also happens to stock Support Our Troops merchandise in case anyone wants to order it along with their other merchandise.

160_troops_060903.jpg

Anyone have a source for these??

Our Local Grocery Store carry these signs for about $5 each here in Petawawa their info is as fol:
Moncion Petawawa - 613-687-5000

Booked_Spice said:
I was told by some people that when hubby goes on tour, be careful not to let people know that he is gone. There are some strange people out there who may take advantage of this fact. So I could see this type of pin causing problems maybe. Just a thought.

However they do have a yellow ribbon pin. It is also sold at the Canex.

It would all depend on what Base or Wing you are at.  I've heard some aweful things coming out of Halifax where it is a mixed "culture", Hfx is no longer just a Navy town.  So I can see the point there.  Around here in Trenton, people are proud to show their support with flags, pins, stickers and yard signs.
Last night with the repatriation, people were lined up on the route to the highway to pay their last respects,  :'(  (sorry, clearing throat)
So far; the Canex here is on and off with stuff; Kingston has lots (as of three weeks ago); and Shearwater has lots of yellow (sorry I took the last camo one two weeks ago)
:cdn:

Besides Canex, these items are also available at MFRCs across Canada.

The magnetic ribbons for vehicles and yellow ribbon lapel pins can also be purchased at most Irving Big Stop Gas stations here on the East Coast.

Vern

Hello - I'm not sure if the is the most appropriate place to put this, or if it is "new" news at all, but Ottawa just really joined the Red Friday campaign today.  Various media icons have been trying to promote this morning the idea of a rally on Parliament Hill, probably on Friday September 22 - they are not sure of a date yet because they want to make sure that there are enough people before they proceed.  They are trying to get 40 000 + people on this Hill, all wearing red so that they can take an aerial photo of the "sea of red" to send to our troops.  I think this is a really good idea, and I know that if it goes forward, I will be there.  Please pass the word to anyone living in or near the area so that we can make this idea really happen.  I do appologize if this is not the right forum to post this information.

Thank you  :cdn:

There is a place in Peterborough that sells the T shirts and black or red hats.
It's called the Imprinted Apparel Shop, contact them at 705 749 1136 and
no I don't work there.

Dave

sunshine said:
Hello - I'm not sure if the is the most appropriate place to put this, or if it is "new" news at all, but Ottawa just really joined the Red Friday campaign today.  Various media icons have been trying to promote this morning the idea of a rally on Parliament Hill, probably on Friday September 22 - they are not sure of a date yet because they want to make sure that there are enough people before they proceed.  They are trying to get 40 000 + people on this Hill, all wearing red so that they can take an aerial photo of the "sea of red" to send to our troops.  I think this is a really good idea, and I know that if it goes forward, I will be there.  Please pass the word to anyone living in or near the area so that we can make this idea really happen.  I do appologize if this is not the right forum to post this information.

Thank you  :cdn:

Thanks for the info, I am going to show up for that and I'll be sure to pass it on. The A Channel morning show (local Ottawa show) was really encouraging people to wear anything with red on it this morning. I saw quite a bit of red on the way to work this morning and was glad to see the word is spreading. Some people at work had no idea about "red fridays" until I told them.

Well, I put the CADPAT magnet on my car. Went down to our underground parking this morning and some fecktard had swiped it. :rage: I'm posting a nasty note on the bulletin board tonight!

TMM said:
Well, I put the CADPAT magnet on my car. Went down to our underground parking this morning and some fecktard had swiped it. :rage: I'm posting a nasty note on the bulletin board tonight!

I've had a couple stolen... just look at it as an opportunity to make another donation.  :warstory:

Back