• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Support Our Troops" Ribbons, Bracelets, Pins, etc

So the two guys in the car weren't bints, then, were they?

Kat Stevens said:
So the two guys in the car weren't bints, then, were they?

Ever been to England?

People who call other guys d**ks, they aren't actually male reproductive organs are they? 

"Wow the late shift, thats gay!"  The situation does not actually have a sexual orientation, does it?  ;)

Both those phrases get thrown around 100x more than "bint", in north america that is.  You're just not used to hearing it maybe.   :)

Other than spending the first ten years of my life, then four more, and eight trips back, no, I've never been to England.

Kat Stevens said:
Other than spending the first ten years of my life, then four more, and eight trips back, no, I've never been to England.

Then you know exactly what I'm talking about, and this shouldn't be a discussion.  ;D

And look, I changed it to "jerks".  Can we agree that they were that;)

absolutely.  A bint is a female, normally regarded to have less than stellar moral fibre, that's all I'm saying.

Kat Stevens said:
absolutely.  A bint is a female, normally regarded to have less than stellar moral fibre, that's all I'm saying.

Ok agreed, I see what your saying.  ;D

If you don't mind me asking, where about in England were you born?

Wombourne for me, ya I know, what a thrilling place.  ::)

West Ham Hospital, a decent brick toss from Upton Park and the Boleyn Grounds.  I lived on Cleves Road for a while, about 2 blocks East of the Stadium, then Ruskin Ave in East Ham.

milnews.ca said:
Can't believe some would stoop so low - shared with the usual disclaimer...

Magnets attract more vandalism
Rash of residents report continued decal defacing

Ian Elliot, Kingston Whig Standard, 31 Jan 08
Article link

More defaced "Support Our Troops" stickers were reported in Kingston yesterday, including one that was slapped on a police cruiser in broad daylight.

There has been a rash of city residents reporting that the magnetic stickers on their vehicles have either been defaced with markers or replaced with different ones altered to carry anti-war messages.

One of the stickers was attached to a police cruiser that had responded to a call downtown around noon yesterday.

All police vehicles carry the yellow magnets, and Const. Mike Menor said yesterday that while the officer was away from the cruiser responding to a call, someone affixed a similarly defaced magnet with the phrase "War Is Murder" to the car.

"It seems to be someone's idea of a sick joke," he noted.

He said police might step up patrols in the downtown area where most of the incidents are occurring.

It was the sixth time in less than a week that people have reported finding such magnets attached to their cars. On Sunday night, several Royal Military College students, who are members of the Canadian Forces and who live off campus, were infuriated to find someone had replaced the Support The Troops sticker on one of their cars with a similar magnet bearing anti-war graffiti.

Anyone caught altering the magnets on someone's car or putting one where it is not wanted will face a mischief charge, according to police.

There have been numerous reports across Canada of the magnets being stolen off cars, sometimes in large numbers at once, as happened in Gagetown, N.B., in 2005, but there have been no other reports of a campaign to deface the magnets in a way that is happening in Kingston.

ielliot@thewhig.com

be thankful it'sjust magnets, over here in the UK the anti war brigade etc have taken to destroying war memorials and abusing soldiers/airmen in the street and in hospital

phoenixbear said:
be thankful it'sjust magnets, over here in the UK the anti war brigade etc have taken to destroying war memorials and abusing soldiers/airmen in the street and in hospital

My goodness.

Do you have any links, to these news items?

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
My goodness.

Do you have any links, to these news items?

dileas

tess

hiya,

not off hand, its things that have happened throughout this year though.

will have a look through my hard drive, kept some of them on that, when i find will post the articles up.

Back