• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian LAV III

3rd Herd said:
Any hope of an AVGP ? I have some photos and the scale stuff is online through a patten site I posted in the military history section. They also have a host of blueprints for other vehicles. I was looking at the AVGP by ACE but it was only in 1/72 scale.
Again very nice work.

Thanks. Do you have a link to the site?

Thanks for the links. I saw the drawings of the AVGP but no numbers. Thank you again.

Hey 3rd Herd, Cn you by any chance have those AVGP pics?

tiking said:
Hey 3rd Herd, Cn you by any chance have those AVGP pics?

Yes I can scan them. Both inside of vech and outside also the Cougar. I was lucky enough/unlucky enough to be invovled in some of the testing so I took some good photo's. May take a day or two to do though.

No problem. Take your time. I am going to build the ATGM stryker that I have to build first. Thank you so much for your generous kindness.

Very well done! Lots of work. Detail is excellent, right down to the number plate!

The closest thing I have here in my TV room, is a Forces of Valour USMC LAV 25. I would love to have it done up as an Aussie ASLAV with the correct cam job, mods, and C/S.

Cheers,

Wes

Thanks Wes. BTW, do you have a pic of that valor lav 25?

More close up pics:

photo3-3.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

photo9-2.jpg

Here is that Forces of Valour 1/35 USMC 'enthusiest version' USMC LAV 25.

Note the M242 Chain gun 25mm spent casing on the right, compaired to the LAV 25 for scale.

Enjoy.

Wes

Finally a 1/1 scale version.

Note the exhaust system difference, and the bustle bins on the side of the ASLAV.

Taken in the 'J' at the WBTA near Tin Can Bay up here in Queensland, June 2006.

Cheers,

Wes

Either 1/32 or 1/35, can't remember, ha!

Here is a few more of a recent Ex...

Hey Wes, how hard would it be to get one of those ASLAV MG mounts sent to the Ghan?? Yes, a real one...

They are sweet!

Made and designed by Platt out of Sydney.

I know the brothers of the company. When I was at DNSDC (google)  Alan used to come out to our armoury, and do the major heavy stuff on our .50 cals. such as rivot/side plate replacement, trunion block replacement etc.

Google Platt machine gun mounts.

Strange enough a few days before we rotated out, I caught him working on some of his mounts on a RG31 at a civvy contractors firm down on Bindy Street in Baghdad. Small world. He gave me a Platt T shirt and his card, and we both could not beleive that we met each other in such a phucked up place.

There are Australians and LAVs in AFG, who knows you might be able to scrounge one up, ha!

Cheers,

Wes

Hey Wes, do you by ny chance have any more Canadian vehicle pics like the M113A3 and the usual APC variants?

My last yr in the CF was in 94, so the few pics I have of AFVs are that old and older, and on 35mm in a box somewhere. I am sure there are others on here who can assist you better.

Anyways, I am off to lay down, my knee is killing me, ha!

Regards,

Wes

Back