• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian LAV III

tiking

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new here and an avid fan of modern military model vehicles. I have just built a Canadian LAV III  and going to build another Canadian vehicle, probably a M113 Ambulance vehicle. I usually scout the forums over the net to get references of my future builds. So I hope to get any help from you military personels as to reference and pics if possible. So I hope to have this post as an official show & tell for all you Canadian military guys out there. Thanks again. Here is my LAV III

IMG_8310.jpg

IMG_8311.jpg

IMG_8313.jpg

IMG_8314.jpg

IMG_8315.jpg

Nice job. What kit was it?

Regards

Civy question : is it realistic to put gazoline conteiners outside of the LAV ? Would it be done during deployement ?

I started with the trumpeter stryker kit. The rest is scratchbuilt. Here is a WIP: http://one-step-further.com/WIP/CanadianLAVIIIWIP/index.html

Yrys said:
Civy question : is it realistic to put gazoline conteiners outside of the LAV ? Would it be done during deployement ?

Well, realistic or not I've seen pics with many containers on the sides. So, I was only modeling what I saw.

awesome job brother.  Someone like me would probably think about commissioning you to make a model for moi!

Yrys said:

They are diesel and yes.

Regards

tiking - that's an amazing piece of work.  You are an artist!.  Nice looking LAV!  Make sure you post pictures of the M113 when you are done.

newfin said:
tiking - that's an amazing piece of work.  You are an artist!.  Nice looking LAV!  Make sure you post pictures of the M113 when you are done.

Thank you kindly. Gald you like it. I'll post when I'm done. :)

Wow...  :eek:

Very nice work.  The level of detail is awesome.  Well done.

Now, it would be great if some model company could come up with a LAVIII model kit...  I think the vehicle has earned it.

Awesome job mate, i make & paint models too but nothing near the detail and quality that your at.
It'd be great to have Dragon or something actually get up and make something not directly aimed at Americans and their military. I'd love to see an ASLAV or a Coyote and a LAVIII would be brilliant. I've been looking around trying to find a T50 turret for an Australian M113A1 i've been working on for ages but its a tough gig and they have to be custom bought.

Keep up the great work. As a ex-carrier driver i'll be hanging out to see your M113!

WOW !!!

Even the holding straps are hanging...GREAT  job... quick..mass production ! :D..and up on eBay  :warstory:

Keep up with the good work !

CHIMO !

Etienne

tiking....you did a WIP on this beautiful model on Armorama didn't you? ;D I recognize your work...great job!!

Thanks for all the support guys. I will keep you guys updated on the M113. Well, I've been building since 2002 and still learning everyday.

Genetk44, I did do WIP. I put everything together. The WIP link is a couple of post above this one. You can check it out if you're interested.

Always appreciated models...just never had the patience to build them. Well done. Have you considered donating your models to the local legion/museum or reserve unit so more could enjoy your work?

tiking, I think I saw your post about this kit on militaryphotos.net.. good work.

Ex-Dragoon said:
Always appreciated models...just never had the patience to build them. Well done. Have you considered donating your models to the local legion/museum or reserve unit so more could enjoy your work?

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The thought never crossed my mind. BTW, I live so far away. Try Sweden ;) Bzzliteyr, that's me. The same guy. :)

Any hope of an AVGP ? I have some photos and the scale stuff is online through a patten site I posted in the military history section. They also have a host of blueprints for other vehicles. I was looking at the AVGP by ACE but it was only in 1/72 scale.
Again very nice work.

Back