• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada's New Defence Minister

I suppose he's not used to talking about the new set of assholes we're dealing with and it was a slip of the tongue back to the usual assholes.

Danjanou said:
I could have sworn I taught him how to tie a proper double windsor knot when he was a recruit. ::)
To be fair, how long's that been, and how often's he worn a tie since then?  ;D

I gotta say I haven't been amazed by the new MND to date.

When he first got named MND I found it comical a lot of people acted like he was the second coming of Patton based simply off the fact he was a soldier who served in Afghanistan and in some cases a Sikh.

It turned out he apparently was a really good soldier and leader. I really hoped he was picked because he would be a great MND and not just because it would look like he would be a great MND.

Maybe he hasn't had a chance to shine yet (and really in the greater scheme of things I'm a bayonet) but anytime I've seen articles, comments or whatever from him they've all really just sounded like political-speak and politician talk. Like you can't get a straight answer for whether it's warm or cold outside. It's cliche but I hope he turns out to be a lion and not a lamb as MND.

It's still pretty early days, I haven't given up on him yet.  I don't know how much sway he will have with the kid and the string pullers behind the scene or how much leash he'll be given.  He gets his marching orders just like everyone else.

Given the stated and apparent priorities of the new government, I suspect that the MND's portfolio also isn't as high on the to-do list. Perhaps when the refugee resettlement process winds down and the budget is released they may find time to give him a bit more attention.....maybe.

I am getting a sense that they did not realize how much real work all their promise entailed or how quickly people were expecting them to keep them, one of the first nation Chiefs had to crash the Ministers Xmas party to get a meeting.

Colin P said:
I am getting a sense that they did not realize how much real work and money all their promise entailed or how quickly people were expecting them to keep them ...
FTFY &  :nod:

Sorry for the necropsy, but I came across this entry in the OP Log of c/s G23 of TF 3-06 dated 11 Sep 06:

"Met a Major Sajan (sp) from the last tour. He is a RCMP [sic] officer who works the organized crime stuff back home. He has been gathering int on Taliban movement. He gives me some good info and we start applying it to our missions. ICOM chatter tells us we are doing well. The Taliban hate us and don't want to fight anymore. Yet we are still getting shot at from across the waddie (sp). Again very close to my vehicle and the boys."

C/s G23 was the FOO party with Charles Company. At this time the company group which had taken heavy casualties earlier was part of TF Grizzly, led by an American colonel. The log recorded that G23 had fired 88 155mm HE and controlled a number of air strikes on 11 Sep.

At least, "he whose name no one in the army will speak" the honourable gentlemen from Orleans is not being mentioned in connection with DND.  There is that.

This seems to be causing some misunderstanding I mean LtGen (Retired) Leslie.  There you made me say it.

Lightguns said:
At least, "he whose name no one in the army will speak" the honourable gentlemen from Orleans is not being mentioned in connection with DND.  There is that.

Amen.  That, would be a fucking disaster and disappointment.

Back