• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada puts rush order on Hercules aircraft

cameron said:
I am just happy that Canada finally has a government that sees giving its troops much needed equipment as an urgent priority rather than something to drag its feet on.  Now if we can expedite some attack helicopters i'd be even happier.

those and other pieces of kit....

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Yeah....new kit...gotta love it....I think we need more than the 17 we're getting though. Hopefully we'll get more as we go along. Wouldn't it be nice if we kept replacing kit over the years rather than waitin for 30+ years and the stuff is nearly beat into the ground?
That would be a dream come true, and I hope it do come true too  :D

I just wish they'd stop buying airplanes with no FE slots....seeing that is the trade I'm headed back into...fingers croxxed.

RetiredRoyal said:
I just wish they'd stop buying airplanes with no FE slots....seeing that is the trade I'm headed back into...fingers croxxed.

Griffon, Cyclone, Cormorant, Aurora...pick one, they'll be the only ones with FEs.  (Not totally sure about the KC130s and KC150s)

G2G

Good2Golf said:
Griffon, Cyclone, Cormorant, Aurora...pick one, they'll be the only ones with FEs.  (Not totally sure about the KC130s and KC150s)

G2G

No FE on the CH-148

Rog, CA, I stand corrected.  I though a few would make the leap from CH124 to the 148.  FE's will be a rarer breed in the future...

G2G

Good2Golf said:
Rog, CA, I stand corrected.  I though a few would make the leap from CH124 to the 148.  FE's will be a rarer breed in the future...

G2G

No FEs on the 124 either......that stopped years ago ( even then they were only there for ferry flights cross-country)

CDN Aviator said:
No FEs on the 124 either......that stopped years ago ( even then they were only there for ferry flights cross-country)

I'll just stop while I'm behind, then...shall I?

G2G

Good2Golf said:

G2G

No FEs on the KC150 either.
There will continue to be a civilian AME onboard as always, but no FE.

Still one on the KC130 - but lord only knows how long that capability will be around!!
No FE on the C-130J - and none on the CC177 - or the Challenger.

The dwindling C130E/H and the CP140 may well be it for the fixed wing fleet for FEs.

My apologies for my ignorance, but what's the FE acronym for exactly?  :-[

Danke

CDN Aviator said:
Flight Engineer

Thanks, no doubt it's the increased automation factor that causes the decision to not assign flight engineers, (Unless I'm mistaken) but it would appear that the benefits of having such a person outweigh the automation factor. Interesting tidbits of information.

Globesmasher said:
The dwindling C130E/H and the CP140 may well be it for the fixed wing fleet for FEs.

Tsk tsk....  Buffalo and Twotters....

D'Oh ... that's right!!  I forgot about those yellow things!  ;D
Good pick up - my bad.

Back