• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can I live on the Base or Wing itself?

foxtwo

Inactive
Reaction score
I always wondered if you are givin the choice to live on the base if you live to far from it to drive there all the time. If houses like these are in existant, which I am sure they are, are they free or do you gotta pay?

foxtwo said:
I always wondered if you are givin the choice to live on the base if you live to far from it to drive there all the time. If houses like these are in existant, which I am sure they are, are they free or do you gotta pay?

Nothing's free.

living on garrison is $70 oiff your pay. Normaly you have to spend 1 year in garrison, but that depends on your unit. if you go in fully skilled (from resevers) you might not have to be on garrison. But still it's up to the unit...But nothing is free!

There is no hard and fast rule that applies equally across the CF. It's all trade and element dependant, also whether you're an NCM or an Officer. I was free to move out as soon as I was done SLT, I stayed in shacks for the first 5 years I was in since it was cheap and allowed me to afford a brand new car.

If you're talking about "I'm from Toronto and I'm posted to Halifax" then you wouldn't live in Toronto anymore and you could either buy, rent or live on base in Halifax as I stated above. Joining the Reg force will 99% of the time mean that you're no longer within driving distance of mommy and daddy, get used to the idea.

And as the other guys said, nothing is free. It comes right off your pay if you're living in military housing (singles quarters aka shacks aka barracks, or PMQs).

foxtwo said:

You are 14 years old!  The freaking PMQs probably won't be around for you to live in when you are old enough to anyway.

Ha, buts it's good to be informed is it not? And I'm taking a career in the CF very seriously so please don't make it sound like I'm a little stupid kid that thinks he wants to be a pilot or anywhere else in the CF overnight. I'm making a path for my future, so the road will be easier for me as I get older and know the direction to work towards.

Thanks

Back