• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat leather gloves

Bomber said:
KevinB just used the word awesome to describe a piece of issued kit, all my hard work at DLR has finally paid off.

::)

Way to pat yourself on the back D.

Just kidding.

Mortar gloves are made in the west, that is why they were rolled out in Shilo first, kind of a little PR thing.  Who knows where they make the Cadpat ones, and I would never be proud taking any responsibility for anything to do with the goretex gloves, they have the same dexterity as an oven mitt.

To be more specific they are made in Winnipeg which may or may not have had anything to do with it.  The original gortex jackets were made in Wpg to but my unit was way low on the pecking order.
As far as gloves made, they make them to CF specs so blame the CF for the oven mitts.

ICCSG Gagetown here,
Entitlement is 1 pr of this CTS item for all Army DEU both Reg F and Res F no matter where their posted as well as one pr for all Air/Naval DEU employed in support of land ops. You will need to turn in your cbt glove inners & outers to receive the new glove. They come in 8 sizes and are very comfortable...we'll be able to hide in a bottle of relish by the time they're done with us!!  :D
SgtVern

Just a PS...
We rolled out the bulk exchange of the new Temperate Combat Glove here in Gagetown in February 05 just in case you didn't catch us on the Army News site. We are getting some complaints about them....ie we can't do barbed wire, POL or rapelling with them...UHHH DUHHH that's what barbed wire gloves, work gloves and rapelling gloves are for!! :-\

We could always just use steel suit-of-armour-type gauntlets. Those would work for everything!  ;D

"You will need to turn in your cbt glove inners & outers to receive the new glove."  Not exactly true

We have rapelling gloves?

"You will need to turn in your cbt glove inners & outers to receive the new glove."  Not exactly true

My units QM made us return our old inner/outer combat gloves before we got the CADPAT ones.  They were also turning away anyone who didnt have them for exchange.

It kind of sucks now because I used to wear either my liner or black outers while on the bus and metro on the way to my unit during the winter.  Now I have neither.  I'm going to have to wear my CADPAT gloves which look kind of strange out in public.

We didn't have to turn ours in so I think I'll give them to my dad.  They're brand new so they kinda look like dress gloves right now.

CFL said:
We didn't have to turn ours in so I think I'll give them to my dad.   They're brand new so they kinda look like dress gloves right now.

That's a nice sentiment, but don't forget that they are on your Clothing Docs when it comes time to clear.  ;D

I have read this thread 2 times to ensure this question has not been answered. No ones has been able to answer the question regarding the durability of these TW gloves. I have no field or OP experience with them yet as I have just been issued them. The question asked previously in this post has still not been answered, so I ask again, how are these gloves for durability? Anyone have any comments as far as the durability? Rips? quality issues? On first inspection of my set of gloves, they seem to be thin with no reinforcement on the main areas, however, in MY opinion, they seem comfortable and seem to have good dexterity while using them. It is too early to tell for sure with my very little experience with them. Anyone that has had them for a while have any other comments about them? If not, I will soon find out I suppose.

Cheers

I'm goin on ex this weekend, I'll be sure to report on how they hold up

Lost_Warrior said:
My units QM made us return our old inner/outer combat gloves before we got the CADPAT ones.   They were also turning away anyone who didnt have them for exchange.

It kind of sucks now because I used to wear either my liner or black outers while on the bus and metro on the way to my unit during the winter.   Now I have neither.   I'm going to have to wear my CADPAT gloves which look kind of strange out in public.
CFB Montreal is doing a 1 for 1 exchange between combat gloves (w/liner) and the new gloves.
as far as I'm concerned.... they can have em - never liked the old gloves

if you use "clothing on line" you can order two pairs of "dress gloves" for use with your CFs and whatever...... leave the Cadpat gloves with your combat gear

MPSHIELD said:
I have read this thread 2 times to ensure this question has not been answered. No ones has been able to answer the question regarding the durability of these TW gloves. I have no field or OP experience with them yet as I have just been issued them. The question asked previously in this post has still not been answered, so I ask again, how are these gloves for durability? Anyone have any comments as far as the durability? Rips? quality issues? On first inspection of my set of gloves, they seem to be thin with no reinforcement on the main areas, however, in MY opinion, they seem comfortable and seem to have good dexterity while using them. It is too early to tell for sure with my very little experience with them. Anyone that has had them for a while have any other comments about them? If not, I will soon find out I suppose.

Cheers
I received them last yr before heading over to the 'ghan. Been to the field with them, got them wet and muddy..handwashed them and airdryed them. They came out like new. And now fit my hand like...well, a glove. Fired instinctive rifle and pistol shoot with them as well. Felt better then any previous glove.

Used as a leather field glove they work well, but a) do not keep your hands warm, esp under 0, b) are not made to do anything but your standard fd work, ie setting up tentage..worked good, patrolling...worked good, lifting hot pot off stove...worked ok, driving G wagon...worked awesome. Like was mentioned above they are not good for rappelling, and not made to handle wire or POL.

No doubt it will be a personal preference if you really like them or not...I do like, and wish they'd issue 2 pr.

Armymedic-thanks for the info. I take it there was no premature falling appart otherwise you would have mentioned it I'm sure? (ie the sewing comming undone?).

have only received mine recently so cannot confirm new gloves but if the gauntlet style winter wet weather gloves are anything to go by - they should be fairly decent.

We did our bulk issue here in Gagetown in February. We got one pair with a hole in them now (it's a big knife cut that we put there when opening the box for the bulk exchange!!) We did get a pair back damaged that buddy had managed to shut in his car door, but other than that, we haven't had complaints about their quality at all. Used mine on the ranges this week and while packing up all our modular, arches purlins etc to send down to New Orleans and they worked good, very nice and comfortable. Niner got a few jumps in with his and loves them.

Back