• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat leather gloves

Da_man

Reaction score
Been issued a pair the other day in exchange for the old gloves and liner.  So since there is no liner, its only good at down to +5.  So now we dont have anything between these and the big white winter gloves?

Light weight thermal or cold weather glove?

What's the scale of issue for those things? I'm a reservist in Ottawa, can I go to NDHQ and demand them?

Kal said:
Light weight thermal or cold weather glove?

Ok i completely forgot about the cold weather gloves. my bad :(    I feel really stupid now.

BKells said:
What's the scale of issue for those things? I'm a reservist in Ottawa, can I go to NDHQ and demand them?

I was issued mine at my unit. 

There are several gloves systems working there way into the system.

a Cadpat "combat glove" - the one you got
Mortar gloves (basically a flight glove issued w/o the nomex inner)
'Desert' Gloves (a tan almost light neoprene material with leather palm and fingers).

Since these are still filtering out to the reg combat arms I am guessing you cant simply DEMAND them...

My mortar gloves fit inside the cadpat ones.  They also make a great liner for the big mittens.

Bomber said:
My mortar gloves fit inside the cadpat ones.   They also make a great liner for the big mittens.

Roger that they make an awesome anti-contact glove.

Just got my CADPAT combat gloves as well. Something tells me they wont last too long in the field, but hey, I could be wrong. What's your experience with them KevinB?

Cheers,
Pinky

I dont have them yet - they where only issued to certain troops in 1 CMBG

Not to worried as the Mortar Gloves I have are my favourite gloves

KevinB just used the word awesome to describe a piece of issued kit, all my hard work at DLR has finally paid off.

I recently put in my size for these new cadpat gloves. Do what I did - ask for ones a little big, and go get a good liner.

Caesar said:
I recently put in my size for these new cadpat gloves. Do what I did - ask for ones a little big, and go get a good liner.

yeah... I usually wear X-Large gloves, but they only had large, so im a bit tight in them so thats not possible for me.

Sucks to be you, but you CAN get some pretty thin liners these days.

Bomber said:
KevinB just used the word awesome to describe a piece of issued kit, all my hard work at DLR has finally paid off.

Credit where credit is due... 
;)

My friends grandmother is one of the lead designers at Raber, and designed most of the gloves for the clothe the soldier program, including (I was told) the mortar gloves, I will have to tell her she has received one of the highest accolades of all, KevinB's approval.

I was at Raber Gloves this past summer to take a tour with the CTS program.  The owner seems to take pride in having a long standing contract with the CF and putting out quality work.

Although I'm am 100% postive you know more on the subject than I, she did show me samples of the CADPAT gloves she is personally working on and designing, these may not be the mortar gloves but she told me she designed the new flight gloves, at least that was my understanding at the time.

I was at the Raber Glove Coy and was shown around by Howard C Raber.  The were in full swing making the Mortar Glove.  They also make many civie gloves.  www.raberglove.com
That was this summer.  Now they may have got the contract for the CADPAT Temperate glove since then but he was not making the current temperate glove at that time.

Back