• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat for BMQ?

Razic

Inactive
Reaction score
Would I get the cadpat uniform for my first uniform even during BMQ? or is it the older one we get until we‘re infantry qualified?

most likely, you will get the OD Green uniform, and depending on your unit, you wont get the CADPAT till after your BMQ or after your BIQ

Theres no reason to not be proud in the old Combats if you get them, they served Canada well for many years.

We got ours in the last few weeks of BMQ when our unit (GGFG) received them. You will probably get the older combats for the course but I imagine you‘ll get them by the time your on SQ.

never said I wouldnt be proud, was just curious for knowledge purposes.

Hmmm. The policy is that no one will recieve their CADPAT until they are MOC qualified (for the Reserves - so many get out before they finish their training). No wonder we are short...

yup. Im into the last week of my SQ and I dont have CADPAT. In fact, our unit has a "1 year" policy on CADPAT. Which means Even after I complete my MOC this summer, I still have to wait for my CADPAT. Strangly, the same policy goes for Gerbers and Gortex kit.

I dont think its a matter of being proud, as much as it is a matter of fitting in. Im pretty sick of people asking me if im a Cadet or not...

I was just about to make a post regarding this very topic...

I‘ve got to go to Shiloh this summer for an SQ course, but not the whole basic training...

Any other sig-op who‘ve done the course in Shiloh have an oppinion on whether I should bring my CadPat or my ODs?

My ODs are in rough shape, I‘ve got three pairs, they‘re all a little rough around the edges, and they‘ve got the standard holes where the ranks/name tags were.

My CadPats are obviously nice and shiney new...

I know some people have gone to Shiloh with the new kit, but I don‘t want to stand out, the question is, were MANY people in Shiloh with CadPat? I certainly don‘t want to stand out...

each unit has different rules for cadpat issue

some you need your BMQ and some you need to be QL3 qualified, an I think some issue cadpat to new recruits

Oh, reference my question for anyone who‘d care to answer is, I‘m only talking about the uniform, I‘d be bringing the old boots/jacket/etc, don‘t want to make anybody too jealous.

Well here‘s my experience with this

I did my BMQ/SQ last year, and my course was outfitted with OD combats. However, this years BMQ/SQ course got all the brand new shiny kit including CADPAT and gortex.

The guys at my unit who do not have their MOC including myself, are slowly getting all the CADPAT and Goretex kit. Everyone‘s got their Goretex now and only 3 soldiers don‘t have CADPAT yet.

So like DnA said,
It all depends on your unit, so it‘s gonna have to be a wait-and-see thing for you.

RCR, since your a civvie, an havent served in the military(I‘m going by your profile), you might want to consider changing your Forum name, since RCR is a regiment in the Army, and people may mistake you for a serving or former member of that regiment

anyways, for the reg force, this is what I know from my brother

for his basic, he had all the OD stuff, on SQ he got a CADPAT boonie hat, and he has new boots(not sure if everyone got new boots, or him an some others got them because of chits, when he completes his BIQ, thats when he gets all the new kit(CADPAT uniforms, Tac Vest, etc)

Anyone know what the Black Watch‘s policy is on CADPAT etc? I‘m doing my BMQ the 25th, and I‘m getting all my equipment this saturday, may 8th. Just curious.

Originally posted by Kirkpatrick:
[qb] Theres no reason to not be proud in the old Combats if you get them, they served Canada well for many years. [/qb]
As far as I‘m concerned the trusty ODs are superior to the Mk1 CADPATs except for the actual CADPAT camo properties of course. The material is a lot more durable and fades slower than the CADPATs. Well, hopefully the newest cycle of CADPATs are better.

Well... CADPATs don‘t make combat lingerie... You know the trust ol‘ see through combats. LOL

I‘m going to be heading out to Shilo this June for my BOTP(R). I only have CADPATs. I‘m fairly certain that if the course instructors have a problem with this, they‘ll produce a pair of ODs. Of course, I‘ll probably stick out like a sore thumb when I get there...

C‘mon guys. You‘re getting all twisted and full of anxiety over nothing. Wear what you were issued. You can‘t be faulted for it. Plain and simple. If you were issued both (don‘t know why that would be though) wear your CADPATS. It is the preferred order of dress. Stop agonizing.

Back