• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet provides first aid at accident?

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that a cadet was amongst the first on scene at this accident, and helped by providing first aid to the child:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/OttawaSun/News/2004/05/01/442830.html

No idea if it‘s true or not, has anyone heard anything?

Saw it on the New RO last night.....

Looked like a Air Force CIC helped out. to what end I have no idea.

If he did render assistance....

Kudos :salute:

Regards

That would be a tough situation to be in. Certainly makes the case for first aid training... Hopefully the child will be OK.

That‘s for sure.

If someone out there knows who this gent is....Please let me know.

Regards

I heard it was CF officer. CIC or otherwise I didn‘t hear.

It‘s good that the kids going to be alright.

Saw the guy on the New RO...his hat badge was clear as day...air force to boot, old style combats.

As for the child....ditto

Regards

Alrighty troops....got official word through the chain..

Zack Bryant had performed first aid on the child.

Funny thing is he used to be a cadet in 2870 RCACC in Connaught...the corps I work with presently ;)

Just goes to show you that the first aid program taught in cadets isn‘t so useless after all :D

Well done Zack !!!

Regards

I think First Aid training is a very important part of Cadet Training and helps foster a sense of responsibility to ones community.
I took my first ever first aid course in 1991 when I first joined Army Cadets. I really enjoyed First Aid training and even chose to do it professionally (kinda).
I now work in North America's largest and best Air Ambulance Service as a Critical Care Flight Paramedic on Toronto's Medevac Helicopter "Bandage 1".
And it all started because I did my Standard First Aid as a Cadet.

Simon Martin
Critical Care Flight Paramedic

Hey...How did you get into air ambulance?  I'm a lifeguard right now, and I've been a first responder before, and it's been really...well...You can't really describe it, and I think one day I'd like to do air ambulance.  So...How do you do it?

Back