• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cabinet Shuffle Jan 19

It amazes me that those who want us all to go green all have cell phones, fake leather wallets etc have no idea about how much the oil sector contributes to our way of living.

Hamish Seggie said:
It amazes me that those who want us all to go green all have cell phones, fake leather wallets etc have no idea about how much the oil sector contributes to our way of living.

Not to mention the 'beauty' products they all seem to self-indulge in these days  :nod:

https://goop.com/beauty/makeup/whats-up-with-petroleum-in-beauty-products-7-days-of-goop-clean-beauty/

>The attraction to French Immersion programs does not relate much to 'bilingualism', but is more of an attempt by parents to have their children enrolled in classes that are not in the (in some cases, dire) public education 'main stream'.

Not a smart decision, in BC.  It's difficult to find/hire enough qualified teachers, so it's a bit like Res F CO selection: you take what you can get.  Some kids in immersion might not be getting as good an education as kids in regular programs, but the effect is hard to see because the kids in immersion programs generally have family and aptitude advantages that enable them to still turn in good performance.  Parents don't consider whether their child going into a decent post-secondary program might have gotten into a really good one with better grades in a regular school.  OTOH, a decent university education coupled with bilingualism offers opportunities in federal government that a unilingual prestige education does not.

Think again.  Do you really want your children to end up as  civil servants and be featured later on in life in one of these rants?

YZT580 said:
Think again.  Do you really want your children to end up as  civil servants and be featured later on in life in one of these rants?

:rofl:

There are worse things for my kids to be than civil servants... such as their political bosses :)

Back