• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

bring "pt gear"

AlphaCharlie

Inactive
Reaction score
Thats what the guy on the phone said....

Does this mean those little grey shorts?

I‘ll assume I‘m supposed to bring sneakers/socks too...

Also, do you have to wear those paper-thin green shirts?

You will be issued PT gear while on Basic, But i suggest you bring a good pair of running shoes, because the ones they give you are like 1960 pieces of crap grey shoes, that are terrible for your feat and ankles. and yes you will either wear the green shirts or the white ones with grey trim, depends on your element.

fooor what? is this for your physical, or actual PT within the forces? I suggest shorts/t-shirt/sneakers etc. if its for your physical. If its for anything else, bring all of the above plus track pants and sweater since you could end up running outside (shorts/sweater and Febuary dont mix well).

Those paper thin green shirts are great, I love them. :D

Im an idiot. Yes, I mean BMQ PT.

My friend said to go pick up some neutral coloured basketball shorts (or any light shorts) to do PT in... is that fine?

I have to get a bigger shirt then... i most certainly am NOT a medium ;P

Are you Res or Reg?

I noticed that during weekend Res BMQ there was no PT dress standard. And since mine was in winter, long track pants were often the order of the day for outdoor activities.

Last summer, during SQ/BIQ, only one or two platoons seemed to enforce any dress code, usually the same "ARMY / ARMEE" CF grey shirt, and black shorts.

But then again, in the Res we were never issued any PT kit.

yeah, we were never issued any designated PT gear, though on my crse we did have T-shirts we bought.. kinda a rip off but whatever.

my advice is wear something neutral. bring shorts if your indoors and track pants if your outdoors. as far as shirts go, bring a couple of neutral coloured (black, dark green, grey) T-shirts and a sweater.

I was issued the standard PT gear as part of my kit. I‘ve seen two styles of shirt, but the one I have is grey, to match my grey PT shorts :D

sometimes though, the entire course used their green army t-shirts, for the sake of uniformity.

Speaking as an officer cadet who went through the Jan.2004 course (and is being recoursed), C.F.L.R.S. issues us all grey shorts, grey t-shirts, grey long sweat pants, a grey sweat shirt, and dark blue swim trunks.

They also gave each of us a pair of running shoes (not bad) but if you‘ve got the money, buy a pair of your own with good ankle support.

You do need to buy socks as C.F.L.R.S only issued us black dress socks and grey wool socks.

Back