• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bridge built by 2FER (M) & 2817 RC(ARMY) CC Lindsay

THEARMYGUY

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all.  As a cadet in the 90's I was part of a joint operation to build a 44m foot bridge under the direction of the 2nd Field Engineers Militia from Toronto.  The build took place at the Ken Reid Conservation Area near Lindsay Ontario.  Just wanted to update those who participated in the event.  The bridge was completed in 1993 and opened in November of the same year.  Unfortunately it was removed by a local area group who were unable to use the bridge for their snowmobiles.  A commercial bridge replaced the one built by the cadets and Engineers of 2FER(M).  I was upset to find the bridge gone the last time I was at the site.  I also found the plaque that was inscribed for the opening in the water next to the new bridge.  The rock upon which it was mounted had been broken in two and the plaque received severe damage.  Sadly a project that I wanted to tell my kids about now has no history left to show but pictures and stories.  I would be interested in hearing from any of those members of 2FER(M) who were there.  Comments are also welcome.  I may be able to locate some of the pictures that I took of the bridge if anyone is interested.

Cheers!! :cdn:

The Army Guy

I've recently been accepted into the CF and am going into the FIeld Engineer trade, leaving for St. Jean in 15 days!!! It's too bad that bridge was removed, but I would like to see pictues of it, if possible...

Ill pass this along to a buddy of mine in the 2fer see what he can dig up for you

I appreciate you passing it on CFN. Orange.  I'll find the pics and post 1 or 2.  If you still want more then you can pm me and I can email them

Cheers!! :cdn:

The Army Guy

hey whos your friend in 2FER?

im in the unit and would like to see some pics

2FER will be sending a section up to chilliwack to build a bridge (i believe). If so i hope it lasts longer than the one in lindsay.

Spr. Richmond

Back