• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

boots

CFL said:
I have the resoled MKIII and I don't know if the material is different but it has way better traction (probably softer) then the new boots we have.   I also find the new boots too hot for anything above plus 10.

I've worn them at + 30, however I was desperate.   That was the point that I gave up and went back to the Mk IIIs.  

yes they are both. now if we could get the pers in R and D to realize we would like to be able use them in a slightly wider enviroment then what they get in the offices or in the fridges where they do the cold test. not everywhere in the world has no humidity when its cold the way there space age research labs are . ::)

Aren't they coming out with a non-insulated gortex boot for wet weather?  Or is that it?

Here it is:
http://www.army.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/261_e.asp

Wow, I never knew this site existed. Thank you very much!

Will someone get jacked up for wearing resoled Mk3s, or is it one of those things no one really cares about?

Arg, I was just given two pairs af the MKIIIs as part of my kit and the soles don't look like they'd be that great on ice. Also, does anyone know if there are any problems with putting insoles in them? I am asking this because although the boots fit nicely (which is amazing- nothing fits me) they leave a lot of room above the toe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dr.no said:
Arg, I was just given two pairs af the MKIIIs as part of my kit and the soles don't look like they'd be that great on ice. Also, does anyone know if there are any problems with putting insoles in them? I am asking this because although the boots fit nicely (which is amazing- nothing fits me) they leave a lot of room above the toe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First off....when you were issued your boots, you should have been issued insoles for them.  If not, go back and ask for whatever size you require.  You may have to get your Crse staff to do it for you if you have commenced training.

The Mk IIIs are better on snow and ice than the Cold/Wet Weather boots.  The CWW boots have a type of Vibram sole that hardens up in the cold and slides on ice very easily.  So once you get the Cold/Wet Weather boots watch out for ice patches.

GW

SEB123 said:
Will someone get jacked up for wearing resoled Mk3s, or is it one of those things no one really cares about?

Did you read this thread before posting? Your question was asked and answered. It's almost comical, your post was identical to AlphaCharlie's:

AlphaCharlie said:

I have the uninsulated Danner Acadias as my standard boot due to an orthodic problem.These boots when combined with a good store bought(or in my case an orthodic)and the newly issued wool sock(grey) is utterly like walking on air.A little warm but for comfort i'll manage!

Back