• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boot Size

Lil_T said:
mm just a regular sport sock, so that would probably take me just to the smallest size then.  Wouldn't that system get mighty hot in the summer?  Just a question...  obv. if I have to wear it, I will.

And thanks Vern :D

I wear my liners with my green socks every day - year round. They work and is comfortable for me. I haven't yet had occasion to try the liners with the grey socks.

That being said, you'll have to figure out what sock/combo works well for you and is comfortable ... then try the boots on wearing the system that you'll usually be wearing on your feet.

Personally, I find that wool sock insulates both ways.  It keeps my feet comfortable as much in the cold as in the warmth.

thanks both of you for the info.  Definitely something I will keep in mind.  I'll hang onto this thread for future reference,

305/116 is my boot size, and depending on Civvy brand, I can wear from a 14 1/2 to a 16.
As far as I know, any larger than that and they're custom made. Doesn't mean it didn't take me about 6 months to finally get my second pair though.

Lil_T said:
yeah I just measured my feet using the mondopoint system and I'm the smallest size available  215/88 (actually slightly smaller -210/85)  I have tiny feet.

It’s all part of evolution; smaller feet allow women to stand closer to the kitchen sink.  :nana:

Journeyman said:
It’s all part of evolution; smaller feet allow women to stand closer to the kitchen sink.   :nana:

oh no you ditn't  :mad:

NFLD Sapper said:
I'm sure our local binrats supply techs will be around to give the correct answer but I will go out on a limb and say wrt ankle boots/wwb/gp boot they are all sized using the MONDO POINT system. Combat Boots (MK III) and saftey boots are sized differently (not 100% sure on this now though).

My Mk IIIs - 9-91/2 E, Altama Jungle Boots - 10W, Civie shoes - 10.5, Danner/Swat/5.11 - 11, WWB - 280/102, GP - 275/104. No set standard really - based on boot manufacturer. Needless to say, important to check with stock insoles as well as after-market (Superfeet, Custom Soles, Spencos etc) for fit (some boots fit tighter than others), as well as the sock combo you will wear (eg black/green, black/wool or hiking/boot sock combos).

oh, well I'm glad it isn't confusing at all.  :-\

guess he's just not that serious about the calendar judging Vern..... heh  ;)

Lil_T said:
guess he's just not that serious about the calendar judging Vern..... heh  ;)

Well, going back to the original 'judging' thread:
Old Sweat said:
Since Bruce is too bashful, I nominate him as head of the selection committee for the calendar. Journeyman and I grudgingly agree to take the other two posts.
While I don't seek out such fame and responsibility, it was thrust upon me, and I'm willing to be an active contributor to my community.

That has nothing to do with you women doing laundry, or having feet more genetically favourable to standing closer to kitchen sinks  >:D

Now, if some people *cough*Vern, Lil T*cough* would stop making extra work for the Mods, who now have to move this hijacking over to proper thread....serious people can get back to discussing foot size/military footwear  ;)

Journeyman said:
Now, if some people *cough*Vern, Lil T*cough* would stop making extra work for the Mods, who now have to move this hijacking over to proper thread....serious people can get back to discussing foot size/military footwear   ;)

I'm sorry - WHO derailed this thread?  ;D

Journeyman said:
It’s all part of evolution; smaller feet allow women to stand closer to the kitchen sink.   :nana:

Lil_T said:
I'm sorry - WHO derailed this thread?  ;D
It’s all part of evolution; smaller feet allow women to stand closer to the kitchen sink. 
This thread is about foot/boot size. My obviously meaningful contribution was clearly about foot size. No derailment there.  ;D
I accept your apology  ;)

I've seen a boot marked as 14F in an army surplus, what does that stand for?
And as a person who usually wears size 16 men shoes would this fit me?

An "F" is a fairly wide foot. If you find that a size 15 in a men's running shoe is pretty comfortable, the 14F may fit you. Again, as I pointed out earlier, the MKIII leather was prone to stretching and in my experience those who wore a wider boot tended to stretch more that most. A soldier with a wider foot could turn that 14F into a pair of leather canoes!! But it would be in your best interests to try on the boot in question - wear the sock that you would most likely wear inside it, tie them up nice and tight and walk around the shop a few times. I gaurentee you won't have digging in the top of your instep (common desert boot problem) but you may have flop syndrome...

Hello Everyone,
I was just wondering how the Canadian Forces boot sizes work.
I understand that they use large, longitude and lateral numbers instead of a one or two digit number.
But does that represent the length of the foot and width, or something else?
The reason is that I'm trying to purchase a pair of Canadian Army WWB and I don't know which size would fit me.
I measured my foot to be around 275/110. Does that mean my boot size would be 270/114?
What size is 270/114 in regular US/Canadian sizes?
What are the US Canadian sizes in length and width?
Thank you Very much,
Joseph

joseph63000 said:
What size is 270/114 in regular US/Canadian sizes?

I think that would be size 10W.  Is that consistent with the size of other footwear you have?

Back