• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boot Size

tallone77

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there, i was just wondering what boot size is the maximum anyone has seen someone wear.  Im asking becasue i have a size 16 and was wondering if there would be any trouble getting boots.

The boots all come in various widths, and the actual sizing of combat boots is usually about two sizes below your normal shoe size (Is it that you have very long feet, or very wide feet? Or in other words, in your civvie shoes, is there an excess of toe room?).

The smallest I've seen seen was size 3 woman's which belong to my wife when see was in.
little,tiny parade boots!
A friend of mine has a large size like your and for the longest time he had to have his Mk 3 specially made for him.With the new WWB though,they came in a size that fit him properly.If the restriction on the issue of Mk 3's still exists,(there is a CANFORGEN on it,If someone calls bull.I'll post it)then the system might not be able issue you them,but will still get you 2 pairs of boots ie:eek:ff the shelf.

I have size 15 and I can still get mukluks and jungle boots at an army surplus in Kingston, you just have to look around......that is if you have to find your own or need a replacement.  :cdn:

I take size 14 civvies so I guess a 12 from what I understand?

I wear a 300/112 for the goretex boots, or 13.5 for all my others. Pretty damn big boots

Hi There,

I was in the military in the past and I miss my boots so much!  I'd like to buy a pair online, but I forget my size.  And, I remember the sizing was a bit different than regular shoe sizes.

I wear a 8.5-9 womens (approx 7 mens).... I believe my combat boots were a 5E or 6E, but I cannot remember.  I believe I had the MKIII boots.

Can someone help me out?  I really appreciate it!

Steph.

Combat boots are only available in two sizes:

Too small, and too big.

>:D

Given the Mk III is out of production, be leery of online sellers.  I'd recommend finding a bricks and mortar store where you can try them on to ensure the fit - dependign on the manufacturer, the sizes may well be different.

Thanks for your reply -- and your humour :)

I was issued 2 pairs and they were the most comfortable footwear that I have ever had in my entire life!  I would have paid anything to keep them when I eventually quit the reserves. :(

Does anyone know of any good surplus stores in Toronto?

Steph - If you wore a 7 mens you were more than likely a 6E - the MKIII was just about on par (size-wise) with a civi running shoe. Your letter is your width - an E is about the norm while a D is narrow. These days we use what's called the Mondo-Point sizing scale. Sizes look like this - 205/90 (it's all millimeters...)

...But as Dapaterson remarked, be wary of online sellers - also, if the boots are too used you may not find the same comfort as you did your old ones seeing as how you never broke them in yourself!! Personally, I prefer the Magnum Stealth's...

gun plumber said:
The smallest I've seen seen was size 3 woman's which belong to my wife when see was in.
little,tiny parade boots!
A friend of mine has a large size like your and for the longest time he had to have his Mk 3 specially made for him.With the new WWB though,they came in a size that fit him properly.If the restriction on the issue of Mk 3's still exists,(there is a CANFORGEN on it,If someone calls bull.I'll post it)then the system might not be able issue you them,but will still get you 2 pairs of boots ie:eek:ff the shelf.

this is encouraging - I was concerned I wouldn't get issued with boots that were the proper size.  I have a hard enough time finding non-children's shoes that fit.  Are all CF issue footwear sized the same?

thank you search function!

Lil_T said:
this is encouraging - I was concerned I wouldn't get issued with boots that were the proper size.  I have a hard enough time finding non-children's shoes that fit.  Are all CF issue footwear sized the same?

I'm sure our local binrats supply techs will be around to give the correct answer but I will go out on a limb and say wrt ankle boots/wwb/gp boot they are all sized using the MONDO POINT system. Combat Boots (MK III) and saftey boots are sized differently (not 100% sure on this now though).

yeah I just measured my feet using the mondopoint system and I'm the smallest size available  215/88 (actually slightly smaller -210/85)  I have tiny feet.

The smallest MKIII boot I've ever seen was 2-2 1/2C. It looked like something people dangle from their rear-view mirror. ;D

IIRC the largest in a MKIII I've seen has been 15-16 range.

Lil_T said:
yeah I just measured my feet using the mondopoint system and I'm the smallest size available  215/88 (actually slightly smaller -210/85)  I have tiny feet.

When you eventually get in, you'll be taken care of if your feet fall outside the sizing range for footwear supplied through the system.

will a couple millimeters make that big a difference?

Lil_T said:

I've had custom Mk IIIs made for a size 1.5D girl here.

As small as 2.5 are still uncommon to see a lot of issues occur, but are available through the system as a 'standard' size.

16s (equiv) ... available.

Lil_T said:

Were you wearing CTS sock system - or just a regular pair of socks? CTS usually sees you wearing a black liner sock with a green sock over it.

In any case, WW Boots can also be custom made if the carried range of sizes are too big/small. Socks make a difference, but boots will also stretch (they are leather after all). And yes, mm's make a difference (else we wouldn't have the size range that we do where boots differ by only mere millimeters), especially when you're humping rucks or generally doing any of those things that folks in the army tend to do.

ArmyVern said:
Were you wearing CTS sock system - or just a regular pair of socks? CTS usually sees you wearing a black liner sock with a green sock over it.

In any case, WW Boots can also be custom made if the carried range of sizes are too big/small. Socks make a difference, but boots will also stretch (they are leather after all). And yes, mm's make a difference (else we wouldn't have the size range that we do where boots differ by only mere millimeters), especially when you're humping rucks or generally doing any of those things that folks in the army tend to do.

mm just a regular sport sock, so that would probably take me just to the smallest size then.  Wouldn't that system get mighty hot in the summer?  Just a question...  obv. if I have to wear it, I will.

And thanks Vern :D

Back