• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boot, General Purpose (Mk III acting/interim replacement)

i have saved some money but im not gonna get a pair of those nice boots because im not joining the reserves im doing co-op and working and my parents will not let me join the reserves like im 18 now i can do whatever i want !!

margret said:
i have saved some money but im not gonna get a pair of those nice boots because im not joining the reserves im doing co-op and working and my parents will not let me join the reserves like im 18 now i can do whatever i want !!

OK margret

Time to clean up your act.  Some care in SPELLING, Capitalization, sentence structure, and grammar would be nice.  If you want to be taken seriously, then learn to communicate, or we will have to delete your posts as being unreadable and a waste of our time and bandwidth.  Unfortunately an attitude of "like im 18 now i can do whatever i want !!" doesn't go over very well here.

Your Freebee has been used up.  Next time you start up the Warning ladder.

George
Army.ca Staff

Well I have read that the CF CWO wants a have one boot for the CF and it said even if they are 250 a pr and I wonder if these are the boots. I had to get a pr of magnum stealth's and I don't like them  the sole is to thin or soft feel every stone. I have the Magnum steeltoe boots and they are great. I need a low cut boot I seen a pr of  Danners the Olympians and I would like to try a pair of them. Well there is my 2 cents

Scott

JEBUS! I hope not! I really hope the CFCWO isn't thinking about 1 type of boots C1A1 for everyone! I mean... really... COME ON!!! Doesn't ANYONE pay attention to the end user and the soldiers who say that the Mk III cbt boots are a POS?! and that a system like the US Army/ USMC with points are way better!? 

Med Tech... these boots are in NO way the MkIII.  They are very comfortable and I have taken to wearing them all the time.  I suspect I will to go back to my breathable magnums for the summer though.

Regardless Bzzliteyr, I am an advocate of the boot allowance system. As we have ALL discovered that no two feet are the same, and to say that one pair of boots WILL fit every soldier is just ridiculous! We've hashed it over and over again. It's just to be amazement and disappointment that once again no one listened.

Nope.. they all have the vibram sole.. at least the two pairs I have and the two my buddy have do.

Piper said:
One thing though, mine have Vibram soles. Unless I missed a post, I thought they were to be soled with a different non-Vibram one.

Nope that was the wet weather boots; and they were being re-soled from one type of vibram sole to another.  :)

Piper said:
One thing though, mine have Vibram soles. Unless I missed a post, I thought they were to be soled with a different non-Vibram one. Either way, once the hot and sore spots from the natural progress of working in new boots end in the next bit, I think I'll be calling the Sup tech who helped me to thank him on my feet's behalf after my Phase 2 this summer.

I believe that the first production batch used a Vibram sole, however the following production runs have a Canadian produced outsole according to the spec sheet:
"3.5.15 Unit Sole – The unit sole shall be moulded using Mould DND 602-1, creating a rubber
unit sole with cavities. The tread pattern shall be in accordance with Figure 3, Appendix 1. Unit
soles that meet these requirements are available from United Last Inc., 101 Curé Labelle, Ste-
Thérèse, Québec, J7E 2X6."

Still waiting on my pair to fit my orthotics.  Hopefully they don't come with the slippery Vibram sole of the WWB which I've been wearing the last few weeks.  I aslo hope they show up in the next few weeks before DP1 starts.  I'd rather not break new boots in/size them on course.

DDog,
At this time of year, the old soles on the WWB should not be a problem.

I went in today to get a new pair of Mk 3s- my old ones had blown through - and they were out of my size, so I scored a pair of the new ones. I wore them around a bit; not enough to make any definite comments about comfort or construction of course, but the vibram soles and speed lace are both very nice features... Plus they're nice boots that I can wear on course,  ;D

I heard today while picking up some new kit that the Cadpat boots were a go and should be arriving this summer.  That could just be a dirty rumor though....but the person who said it had a pair on.

Well I, myself have been wearing the NEW GP boots since Jan 07 and truly enjoy them. They are comfortable and not like the slippery WWB. The lacing system works rather well and so far no fraying of the laces...I was issued them by my physiotherapist in Borden. And yes they do go nicely with all sorts of insoles. Mine are specially made for me. Just a hint when your fitted for you boots take ur insoles with you. And another slight hint, when fitting them have them slightly tight since they do stretch and mold to you feet. Borden has Foot/Boot Parade thru the Physio department and they are being issued mainly to soldiers with foot issues...Im no supply tech but from I`ve heard they are totally replacing the MK`s.....Just my two cents. :salute: :cdn:

Law & Order said:
I heard today while picking up some new kit that the Cadpat boots were a go and should be arriving this summer.   That could just be a dirty rumor though....but the person who said it had a pair on.

No rumor.

Shortly us Army types will have so many damn pairs of footwear that we'll all need 3 extra barrack boxes issued just to keep them all in:

2pr Boots, Cbt MkIII;
2pr Boots, Cbt GP;
2pr Boots, WWB;
2pr Boots, Cadpat;
2pr Boots, Safety (if entitled);
2pr Boots, Desert (if one deployed);
1pr Boots, Ankle;
1pr Boots, Rubber Clumsy; and
1pr Shoes, Oxford.

Something tells me though...that I've forgotten some.

You forgot shower thongs, Mucks, and the retarded rubber over boots.

Back